logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
4. (1 hr 30 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
5. (1 hr 49 mins ago)

Posted:    Collin

Fraud and cheating

Go Freelance
gofreelance.com
This company sends endless 'opportunities' to pull you in to their 'trial' option. Yet after they charged me over $56 for one month I began noticing that the postings were lessening during my less than one month tenure. Not only that-I noticed any new postings were duplicates. When I went to cancel my subscription I was informed that any job posting I applied to would be eliminated, so no employers could get in touch with me (yet another way of keeping me subscription mode) Yet I paid for a week ($7) then was charged $49.95 for a month and yet my subscription was yet to expire in less than a month from my join date.

What I find strange is that there is no way to contact them except email and when I finally canceled they are registered with Paypal as an international company (NOT New York/US) also their tutorials to cancel are narrated by a brit guy-extremely suspect. This place is a cash cow that preys on this desperate economy.

BTW, I have 15 years of high profile mkt under my belt and applied to EVERY posting...you can't tell me not one employer has considered me. Further, why would employers post jobs for THREE PLUS weeks? That makes no sense as a freelancer-when an interim position needs to be filled is usually an immediate need-hence the 'freelance' status.

STAY AWAY-don't waste what's left of your money for false promises. I've contacted paypal in regards to getting a refund esp since I paid for 5 weeks and got 3 and lost ALL of the info (I paid for the service-why is it all lost-so that tells me there is something very wrong with their practices. Think about it-this company KNOWS you are going to cancel and all of these false postings are 3 weeks PLUS...so they have you by the berries.

How heartless to take money from people who are already in a bind b/c of lost wages.

Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Go Freelance complaints
Go Freelance - No response after money sent

Comments

11th of May, 2009 by   WORLD2009 0 Votes
Yep, u r absolutely right, they got more than 50 bucks from my account, no matter how many emails or phone calls no response. Its a scam!! PLease be aware of.
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   bmp 0 Votes
yes dear, I also faced to the same cheating.Finally I have to change my credit card number as they have taken monthly subcription from my credit card without my authority.I wonder that why the relevenmt government dont take leagal action agaist them.cheating money from people will be cursed to them.
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by   Rukmini 0 Votes
No need to say anything. They are 100% BIG CHEATERS. BEWARE OF THEM.

Srimathi Krishna
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   Shohel +1 Votes
You are right. They just collect the money and then go sleep. No response for any mail. Simply fraud and dishonest business.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   Mikee_19 0 Votes
GoFreelance is a legitimate freelance environment that offers online jobs for those who wants to start with the career. However, getting a job solely depends on the decision of the employer who posted the job -- gauging your ability and work experience to see if you are fit for the project or not. So there is no guarantee that you will get a job -- it purely depends on your skill as a freelancer and the decision of the employer.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   rinu2010 0 Votes
i m also a freelancer, freelancing is the only and best way to earn money online.there are so many good freelance sites like elance, guru, shorttask, aquent...to get a complete list of genuine freelance sites go to http://hellofreelancers.hpage.com .from here you get free training also...
 28th of Feb, 2010 by   MAmrat 0 Votes
you are totally true mate. They are 100% fraud took me more than three weeks to realize their scam. They kept taking money and didn't pay me the earnings at the end. I think they have no customers. They just milk you as much as possible. The work you do i think they sell it off to other companies. So new writer there are websites out there like elance and guru which will be fair to you. DO NOT waste your time and money of Gofreelance.
MAS
 25th of May, 2010 by   deeparao 0 Votes
hai, iam an house wife I was very much interested in joining Go freelancer
But after I knowing that it is a fraud I was very much disappointed...
any way thanks for saving me by joining that and being cheated
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   Retwina 0 Votes
After taking my money I have not recieved any surveys...They have cheated $$$$ out of many families who are trying to make a living honestly...thumbs down to gofreelance & I will be making friends & fams aware of this site...=(
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   SomeOneElseAsWell 0 Votes
I got scammed!!!
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Sanc 0 Votes
Very true. keep safe distance fro GOFREELANCER.
 19th of Sep, 2010 by   ISHROCZ_14 0 Votes
phew jst got saved coz of u guys !!! thnkx a lot .. was gonna join freelancer tomorrow
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   bods 0 Votes
Serious PHEW. . . .I was abt to join now!!! Thank u all for saving my ass!!!

F*** U Gofreelance. . .u ppl will GOfreeHELL
 9th of Oct, 2010 by   Amoya 0 Votes
You are absolutely right
 9th of Oct, 2010 by   Amoya 0 Votes
That was completely right

18th of Oct, 2010 by   anns199 0 Votes
thanks a lot for dis useful info..was a bit sceptical about their tall claims..decided 2 go for the trial period $7/day..
then guess what!! i noticed there was this additional amount of "" $49.5USD recurring every...""could'nt read after that line..then i smelled something wrong..it was actually $49 every month!! thank U God for saving me!! Thumbs down 2 ''go freelance''!!!
 29th of Oct, 2010 by   mistress-kitty 0 Votes
This company is a complete fraud. They claim that they screen all jobs first to make sure there are no scams, however, I signed up almost 2 months ago, and noticed that a few of the "jobs" had provided email addresses, so I contacted them, and then of course got replies telling me all I had to do was pay another $10 to access their wonderful instructions. I of course contacted gofreelance, and told them that I these people were advertising scam jobs even though it is apparently against the policy of gofreelance. They didn't respond properly, basically just telling me that all their jobs are legitimate, and advising me what ebooks to download.

I then today, set up a fake employer account to see what actually happens when I apply for one of the "jobs" on this site, the answer is...NOTHING. If you have been applying for countless jobs and wondering why you have not received one single reply, then it is because, they are not being forwarded to the employer who posted them.

If anyone knows how to cancel the subscription, then I would appreciate if you told me, because I keep being forwarded to countless third party sites.
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by   Maple64 0 Votes
WOW!!! Thanks for warning.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   annaclyde 0 Votes
thanks God for this site... I was about to enter my credit card number to that fraud site..but then i have this feeling that its better to investigate first before joining in any online jobs.. thank you guys..
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   radscout 0 Votes
Yup it's suspect when the special offer starts out at $7 USD, then on the next email you’ll get a link that says only pay $2.95, then next you’ll get another link that says you will pay $1 for 7 days.
In all cases the following text: “You pay just $x for a full 7-day trial of GoFreelance... that's just a dollar a day to change your life! You can cancel at any time, or you can continue as a member for only $49.95 a month to get ongoing access to our extensive jobs database”
"…. That’s just a dollar a day to …." <-- Never changes so beware when the payment figure keeps changing but the descriptions don’t.

BTW; If you want to try an good and legitimate free-lancing site I recommend: http://www.guru.com/
I have made good $$ from guru.

Things You Should Never Buy Used