logo

Intoxalock
Hidden Fees
3. (10 mins ago)
Motorola India
Very poor customer service!
4. (12 mins ago)

GMAC

Posted:    R. Maples

Release of Lien - Original Title

GMAC
I paid my car note with GMAC on time for five years. When I requested the ORIGINAL title to my vehicle, it has been over a month and I still have yet to receive it. I paid my car off three months ago. The bad part is that my car has been impounded because it was not registered with the state I just moved to. It wasn't registered with the state because they need the original title to register it... the original title that GMAC refuses to send. They have lied to me, deceived me and breached every duty owed to me. I am continuing to incur over $500 in storage fees as I wait on the original title. I get different excuses every time I call them. I am an attorney and I sent them a demand letter.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2008 by   R. Maples 0 Votes
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   Brenda 0 Votes
To anyone reading this: try calling Larry Hall at 541-554-5683 (his direct #).
 4th of Jan, 2009 by   Linda 0 Votes
I have been trying to get my lien release letter or title for 18 months, one letter came back that I sent to Hudson, OH. So, I sent the letter to the address I sent my payments to for 5 years no answer or phone call. I sent a letter to the dealership 3 months ago with copies of all of my paperwork, not a word from them. I have my checks for provement of payment never late on my payments. I am stuck with this car without a title to sell or trade off.
 21st of Feb, 2009 by   disgusted 0 Votes
I paid my blazer off approx 6 yrs ago when I refinanced my home. Although I had paid the registration, had it smogged and had proof of insurance, 2 yrs later the DMV would not give me my current tags, only a temporary number to be taped in my back window. They said that I needed to contact GMAC and have them remove their name as lienholders. I have sent several of the forms that the DMV requested and I have called and left messages and haven't received a response. The DMV also told me after 2-3 months that they could not give me another temporary number because this was taking way too long.
Ridiculous! I paid my registration and passed smog and had insurance and because someone at GMAC can't seem to do their job properly my truck has been impounded. I am not sure if I am more angry at GMAC or the DMV.
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by   Lovy 0 Votes
I vehicle has been paid off for over 7 years and I have been trying to get the title switched over, only to find out GMAC has not released the lien. Even now when I call to get it release the customer service "SUCKS" and they were unable to find the vehicle in their database. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!! Even though they were not able to find the vehicle information, I have to wait 7-10 business days to receive it in the mail??? I am wondering how they are going to do that when they cannot find it!!!
 20th of Dec, 2009 by   alyson adair 0 Votes
I am going thru the same thing. One difference is my mom died before we got this cleared up, and now as her heir I have a car that I can't register because I can't get title changed & lien released (cars been paid for) . I have entitlement from the court house, signed papers.I have wrote many times to many address' but no answers as of yet. I will take any kind of title..@ this point. Now the town is going to impound the car because it dont have a tag that I can't get, becauce of GMAC not releasing the title. This has been going on now for10 months. I dont know what else to do.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   ms29 0 Votes
i am going through this now..my vehicle is payed of and has been recalled and deemed unsafe by ford motor company, they offered me a buy back and i cant get a lien release or a damn title..its so frustrating..i will never go through gmac again, for anything..
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   daomalic Francoi 0 Votes
wow this is hopeless for me, cause I'm new to the situation, but i see I'm not the only one. can i give it as donation... one of those no title no problem charities
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   Bobby and sherry vick 0 Votes
We paid our car off 2004 and still do not have the title-now with the new immigration laws here in Alabama we had a very hard time getting a car tag0-just went through hell to get it. And will not be able next year without this Title. We will never go through GMAC for anything again.Any ideas on how to talk to a real person there???
 1st of Nov, 2011 by   BURNTCABIN23 0 Votes
PAID MY CAR OFF EARLY, 2009 & NEVER RECEIVED ANY LOAN SATISFACTION PAPERWORK NOR DID I RECEIVE THE TITLE FOR MY CAR. UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH GMAC IN HUDSON, OHIO AT ALL - NOW ITS' ALMOST 2012. SO WHAT'S NEXT??? GENERAL MOTORS THIS DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK TOO GOOD. I'LL BUY A FOREIGN CAR NEXT TIME.
MY ADVICE TO ALL WHO WANT TO FINANCE THEIR NEXT CAR - DON'Y BUY FROM GM AND DON'T USE GMAC TO FINANCE ANYTHING! BW
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by   Gregamaniac 0 Votes
ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A LIEN RELEASE LETTER SHOUD CALL 1-888-925-2559. IT ONLY TOOK 3 MINIUTES ON THE PHONE AND THEY FAXED ME THE LETTER RIGHT AWAY.

Common Scams to Avoid on Your Next Vacation