logo

NO FAIR - FARE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Glutathione Therapy For Parkinson's, Naples, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Dr. David Perlmutter

Glutathione Therapy For Parkinson's Contacts & Informations

800 Goodlette Road N, Suite 270, Naples, FL 34102
Naples, Florida
Phone: 239-649-7400
perlhealth.com
I drove my father 3 hours from Clearwater, Florida to Naples, Florida to meet with Dr. Perlmutter about my fathers diagnosed "MSA" (Multi System Atrophe"), a Parkinsonism Disease. We explained my fathers diagnosis and he reviewed his current vitamin and medication schedule. Things seemed normal at the time and Dr. Perlmutter insisted that he could help with a single injection of "Glutathione
". He then went on to have my father sign a video release of before and after footage he took of my father. After the injection I could not believe my eyes, the transformation I saw was a miracle. My father was walking almost completely normal and his facial expression was relaxed and it was incredible. We were both smiling and giggling like little children and this was a great day with renewed hope for all of us. Our expectations were high when we received our first shipment from Dr. Perlmutter's medication source and initiated the first injection. We desperately wanted to see the same results experienced in Dr. Perlmutter's office but instead were very disappointed. We called the Dr. Permutter's office and were told to finish the whole month of injections prior to coming up with any "early" conclusions.. We finished the first month of treatment and were not able to reproduce the same results we saw on that first visit at Dr. Perlmutters office. In fact we saw no changes at all and informed Dr. Perlmutter of this result where he responded with and I quote "Then stop taking it". This was frustrating because the results we got at his office was remarkable and we just wanted it again. We did some more research and discovered that "Glutathione" loses it's effectiveness after being exposed to room temperature for more than six hours. We called Dr. Perlmutters office and shared our discovery with them and they re-issued another batch of "Glutathione". When we received the new shipment we quickly checked to see if the "Glutathione" was packed correctly or not and found that the ice pack in the shipping box was melted and the temperature of the "Glutathione" bottle was already at room temperature, but we were not sure if it had exceeded the allowable six hours or not. We called Dr. Perlmutters office and were told to try it anyway. We finished out the whole month as originally instructed and once again there was no "Miracle Day" like we experienced that first time at Dr. Perlmutter's office in Naples, FL. Over two months had passed since our first visit and we were very frustrated and faced with trying again or giving up. I called Dr. Perlmutter's office myself this time and left a message for Dr. Perlmutter to call me back personally. The next day he did call me back and we discussed my concerns regarding the lack of a viable protocol ensuring the preservation of the "Glutathione". Dr. Permutter simply responded with and I quote "Shipping Is Not My Responsibility". I then went on to try and clarify the fact that if the preservation of the "Glutathione" was integral in successfully administering his recommended treatment, shouldn't there be a shipping protocol that ensures it ships correctly ?, or at least a test that the patients could make to see if it's usable ?. After some further discussion I then suggested that my father and I just make the three hour trip to his office in the future to hopefully duplicate the same great results we got there the first time around and Dr. Perlmutter then responded with and I quote "He May Not Get The Same Results As The First Time". I was very surprised by his response and began to feel like we had been misled or maybe even completely lied to. Why should any treatment for any illness be so mysterious and why wouldn't a doctor who used this treatment go out of his way to ensure that shipments of his so called "Magic Drug" have a protocol in place that responsibly ensured the proper facilitation of it. There are too many holes with "Glutathione Therapy" and no accountability or consequences for the people profiting from it. I read Dr. Perlmutter's book "The Better Brain Book" where he claims that there are over 1, 000 other doctors using Glutathione Therapy on Parkinson's Patients and a phone number that can be called to verify his claim, but when I called the phone number it was disconnected. Please think carefully before being possibly tricked into using this therapy. Why has the American Medical Association rejected the approval of this treatment that has been around for over ten years ? Why are there no other publicized doctors that can be reached for comment or better yet found for verification. Why does Dr. Perlmutter own or is affiliated with so many websites that claim to be authorities on Glutathione Therapy For Parkinson's Patients. Dr. Perlmutter has created an infrastructure around him that misleads the public into thinking he is a world renowned, revolutionary or in his own words from his self fabricated website a "Renegade Doctor". Who is this man ? Why has he gone unchecked in the medical community ? I am personally aiming to expose his what I call "Witchcraft" practice related to "Alternative Treatments" for Parkinson Disease Pateints. Please visit www.glutathionetherapyfraud.com for more information on the matter.
Comments United States Doctors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jul, 2011 by   anonymous9443 +1 Votes
You make a great point and I would suggest looking further into this. My father is a neurologist and brought "Dr." Perlmutter up once. I was furious at hearing about his "treatments" which, to any educated neurologist, are complete bs. I wanted to say something but my father warned that more than 10 law suits have been issued by Dr. Perlmutter for people speaking out. His scams have made him wealthy and he has a good lawyer. However, a patient has the experience and you as a witness and I think you should press charges. A big concern of mine is this: Glutathione is not a valid treatment. It does not work (Fact). So what did Dr. Perlmutter inject your father with on that first visit? My guess is that it was L-dopa because after 30 minutes, the results you described are visible. I urge you to press charges. He will offer to settle but DON'T. He is a scam artist and someone needs to stop him from causing more trouble for people so desperate to get better. People like your father, with Parkinson's disease should be spending their money on reliable treatments from certified research agencies, not from a quack doctor.
 21st of Jan, 2014 by   Susan Harpur 0 Votes
Just finished reading The Grain Brain. As a interested layperson, I cannot understand how this book has not yet had more commentary from the medical establishment. Perlmutter gives advice totally contradictory to mainstream medical guidelines, particularly on the use of statins. It's hard to imagine the confusion out there if this book is more widely read.
 10th of Mar, 2014 by   Mary Lou B 0 Votes
Not sure what to think about this. Because I have Celiac disease I bought the book by Dr. Perlmutter. It's reasonable to expect that the brain will be affected by an allergy just as the other organs of the body are. What I would like to understand better is the actual evidence for it. Anecdotal or others' experiences are somewhat helpful.
 12th of Mar, 2014 by   Chicagoneurologist 0 Votes
When people are so full of hope, it is common to get a large "placebo" response. The influence of having travelled to see the famous doctor and getting that first potentially wonderful treatment is so powerful, it can seem to overcome the disability for a while. It is especially exciting when the patient has a condition (like MSA) that doesn't respond to accepted therapies. In my estimation, it is similar to what you see after a faith healing encounter. When you are back at home, the "treatment" no longer works. This is why good doctors rely on scientific studies to guide therapy. A reliable research study randomly assigns patients to the active intervention or an identical appearing inactive intervention. Neither the patient nor the study doctor knows who gets the active intervention. Data are collected, then analyzed statistically comparing the active to the placebo intervention to see if there are real effects of the active intervention, and only then does it become an accepted therapy. Glutathione has not been studied in this fashion, therefore is unproven. I would not recommend anyone waste their money on this "treatment."
 28th of Jun, 2014 by   Empower Health UK Ltd Glutathione 0 Votes
Sorry to hear about your experience with your dad - it makes me angry just thinking about this.
I recovered from ME/Post Viral Fatigue by using a glutathione supplement from Germany called Glutacyan (formerly called Recancostat). Following this, after a great deal of research, I contacted the company and now have secured the sole distribution rights to the UK and Australasia for their range of products.
You may know that Glutathione is an incredibly fragile molecule, and as the glutathione molecule is so unstable, any other glutathione supplement is virtually useless, as it will not survive the intestinal tract.
However, Glutacyan (formerly known as Recancostat) has an unpresedented 98% bioavailability, due to its unique formula, by Professor Gernot Treusch.
I am only commenting here NOT to 'make a sale', but to offer you the opportunity to try this product at our cost price for you, as I feel you must be extremely frustrated at the treatment of your father. Website is www.empowerhealthuk.com and my private email is nicky@empowerhealthuk.com

Kind regards,