logo

Posted:    Valerie

Scam

Global Test Market
www.globaltestmarket.com
Global test market are very slow at paying out they say allow up to 10 weeks from claiming, even though the issuing bank is local to me then the cheque doesn't arrive and they now tell me wait another 4-6 weeks. Also some surveys never pay out the points or lock up on the final questions!
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jul, 2008 by   Gordon +1 Votes
I am a member in the US and always receive my check within 4 to 6 weeks. That is what they promise on their site. I have cashed out 8 times in the past 15 months.
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by   Matt 0 Votes
I have waited five weeks and never got my check.
Globaltestmarket also locked me out of my account (changed my password or terminated my account) without me knowing so i cant access my account
They stopped sending me surveys(so far no surveys for 3 months)
and they lied to me. they said theyd fix the sign in problem and tell me what to to.. the liars never did as of 2 weeks.
 24th of Oct, 2008 by   Stefanie 0 Votes
i have been taking surveys for global test market for 4 yrs now. i have had very few problems at all. the only problems i may have encountered may be an occasional survey freezing and not getting credit for completing it. it has happened maybe 3 times in 4 yrs. thats not much to complain about. they send surveys according to specific things they are looking for if u dont fit the bill, you still get 5 points. they have always paid me once the check took 2 months, but most within a few weeks. this is not a job just some easy occasional spending cash. i personally have reccomended them to my friends. i'm sorry to hear a person had a bad experience, but overall they are a great company.
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by   DozeyMare +1 Votes
I have been using GTM for over a year, and have managed to earn $150 (£75 GBP). Compared to many other websites, this one sends you invitations regularly, with acceptable rewards and, generally, I have no problem with them. On the other hand however, when it comes to surveys being cut short at the end, resulting in no reward, I have had MANY experiences of this happening. This has occurred at least 15-20 times within the last 6 months, and most of which have taken 20-30 (sometimes even 45 or more!) minutes to complete. When I contact GTM about this, I either receive a generic response (the usual... "there was must a problem with your internet connection", or " you used the forward/back button on your browser, which resulted in the survey being interrupted" - none of which are true), or you receive no reply at all. They will completely ignore you almost every time you contact them, so you're even lucky to get a response at all. I wouldn't mind if, like Stephanie, this had only happened 3/4 times over 4 years, but they have cheated me out of at least $50 in the last 6 months alone which is completely unacceptable and fraudulent (they always ensure they have enough information to submit to the companies employing them, then terminate the survey claiming that there was a technical error, so they can get away with not paying you.) I am currently in need of as much extra cash as possible (as I'm sure many people taking part in surveys are), so I am reluctant to cancel my account, and it's this very fact that GTM will play on. They must remember that without us they wouldn't have a business at all, however whilst there are people willing to put up with it, they will carry on as they are.
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   david thrower 0 Votes
My experience with Global Test Market has been very bad.

I have taken many surveys when the points haven't been added and on 4 occasions my points total has actually dropped! I am very much out of pocket.

Worse still, their customer service is appalling! I have eamiled them several times and now they just ignore me.

My advice would be to steer well clear!
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   Gordon +1 Votes
I have had no issues with GlobalTestMarket. I complete their surveys and receive my points. The promise to deliver payment within 4 to 6 weeks if a US resident, and my payments have always arrived within that window.

They also post updates on payments, and tech related bugs on their blog which no other survey company does < http://blog.globaltestmarket.com >. I noticed a members above complained he did not receive points in November. The blog announced this specific issue, and I even received an email notice from GTM that discussed the software bug. Again, no other survey company has done this.
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   chris 0 Votes
i see so this is extremely debatable?
are any of these casses in australia?
:p
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   Wayne 0 Votes
I live in Canada and have never had problems with Global Test Market. They are the only survey site that pays out on time and consistently.

Some one complained they are "out of pocket". What on earth are you talking about. GTM is free, you should never pay to join ANY survey site.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   nashssh 0 Votes
anyone here living out from USA? because i doubt of if i will be having problems getting my payment..
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   GTMsux 0 Votes
In January 2009, i went to redeem around 1.2k worth of points. Their website said to allow up to 8wks for the cheque to be mailed (i live in Singapore).
A few months later, i still have not received anything. and when i emailed them asking about the transaction, i got a reply stating that there was an error and that the points would be refunded.
However, the points were never refunded.. and when i emailed them asking them to look into the matter, they keep claiming my account balance is correct, wtf? They just freely took away 1.2k worth of marketpoints from me..
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   GTMSUCKS 0 Votes
I started at GTM a few months ago the surveys started off slow then they started coming frequently... until I reached 900 points. Then I would be lucky if I got a survey for points. They mostly sent surveys for sweepstakes and if the survey said it was for points it usually scammed out of them. I took one survey and at the end it said click here for your reward when i clicked the link it said I wasn't eligible. This was after 25 minutes of my time that I wasted on this stupid survey that said I completed it! I wrote GTM and like most of you I never heard anything from them. So I went to the Better Business Bureau. How the hell does this company have an A rating? Probably b/c no one is filing complaints. Well they scammed me twice on points and I filed two complaints with the BBB. GTM is probably not going to try to resolve my complaints so their rating will go down. EVERYONE NEEDS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB. Oh and the time it took me to get from 900 to 1k was almost as much time as it took me just to get to 900. And now that I finally was able to cash out and now back at 0 points guess how many surveys I got in my inbox. 8! 5 came in one day. I'm not wasting my time on that site anymore. I hope I get my check it's been 3 weeks so... I will be back after 6 weeks or if I get the check whichever comes first to update.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   Linli 0 Votes
I, too, had my account randomly terminated once I was near reaching the minimum number of points required to receive a cheque. Have sent at least three e-mails regarding this issue, none of which have been responded to.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   kwizzle 0 Votes
Initially I was very pleased with GTM and the number of surveys I received on a regular basis. But lately I have become increasingly frustrated and disappointed with their survey rewards and their terrible customer service. The surveys that used to reward you with market points have decreased dramatically, and now 90% of what I get are sweepstakes entry rewards. And like others, I have experienced at least 8-10 surveys that terminated on the last question! (or told me I was ineligible after taking the 30 minute survey). I have reached out to their customer service team and have even sent SCREEN SHOTS of the survey I completed to prove that I should have received the points. But all I got was "there is no record of you completing this survey." I submitted a request to redeem 4000 marketpoints ($200) and have been waiting 7 weeks for my check to arrive. Every other survey site I'm associated with is much more timely and more responsive than GTM.
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   couchcase +1 Votes
I agree with kwizzle. It seems that lately the only rewards these surveys give are sweepstakes entries. I recall doing a survey that was worth 30 point yet when I completed it I got nothing.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   Joepa +1 Votes
I have been getting cheated out of "market points" on a regular basis and points are converted to gambling credits. I get a constant runaround by Global. I believe that any of those that claim that they have no problems with Global and that they are cashing $50 checks "8 times in 15 months" are simply put lying. I have been having the same extreme problems that most others are having.

I have started keeping records of points offered, points rewarded (usually zero), gambling credits substituted for points, emails concerning the problems and their runaround answers, etc.

I was wondering if any of you would do the same and perhaps we can send the info to the US Attorney Generals Office and see what we can do about it. Can you imagine what they are doing with the millions that they are cheating us out of? Imagine it. They are doing this internationally and then sending out fake emails from satisfied winners and check cashers.

It may also help to add comments to any of the surveys that ask for input from the companies with whom they have contracted the surveys from. OR record the companies who the surveys are from and contact them directly whenever you are cheated.
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   rmundo18 0 Votes
Hey I found a website that actually works. You get paid for every person you bring to the website, so if anyone is interested in making money online then email me saying "make money online" in the subject box so I know which emails are for this. My email is rw255@nau.edu. People have actually made this their career and they work from home now making thousands a month. please email if your interested
 14th of Mar, 2010 by   Alvaro Alarcon 0 Votes
Im new to the web. Can anyone state how much money $$$ is 100 points? And if is true that you can meake up until $2000 or more per week???
 14th of May, 2010 by   sarash207 0 Votes
Hello
i have started these surveys like 1 month ago
i just need to know what is their phone number ? i can not talk with anyone regarding my account and find out how they are paying? does anyone has the phone number ?
Also i totaly agree with the complain becasue sometimes they dont even allow you to finish the survey!!!
 26th of May, 2010 by   Jim Rivers 0 Votes
each globaltestmarket "point" is worth 5cents USD.
to cash out you need a minimum 1000 points ($50.00)USD
I never had major problems until recently being cheated out of points and this NEW CRAP of getting "ENTRIES" into their daily and monthly "SWEEPSTAKES" ... what a RIPOFF ! used to be just points and the old system was JUST FINE ! Now they suck, it takes WAYYYY longer to accumulate 1000 points to cash out. I seriously think that once I get to the $50 threshhold this go around I will cash out wait for the check, cash it, then QUIT ! (Unless of course they get their sh&t together quickly. I've been a loyal member since I think 2003. It's just plain SAD now.
 26th of May, 2010 by   Jim Rivers 0 Votes
oh yeah, and they dont have a phone #

Dental Insurance: Should You Bite?

Latest Groups