logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Mary Gersten - Global Cash Flow Network
Refund promised but never sent
2. (15 mins ago)
Redbubble.com
Redbubble is scam and fraud
3. (28 mins ago)
Joe's Crabshack
Discrimination
4. (44 mins ago)
Time Warner Cable
Rude incompetent customer "care"
5. (46 mins ago)
Hyundai end of lease return
excessive scrutinization

Posted:    madasheck3

dropped calls

Global Tel Link
California
I have a BIG problem with Global Tel Link. My poor son is in jail and so sick. I waited all day for his call.He called me today and said the last few calls he made to his girl had been disconnected within the first minute or two. So he called her back. again disconnected in the first minute of saying hello. he tried again they got the full 15 that time.
So then he calls me..says.. hi mom..I just was talking to my girl and it got disconnected twice in a row. so if it does it again..click..it disconnected!!! one minute 3 seconds!!!
I had no more money to put on the phone. I called GTL only to get the recording they would call back in 2 hours that they were having unusualy high call volumes. (I bet they are!!) FINALLY..Someone calls me back..I told him exactly what happened. He said he would try and see if he could issue me a credit. I was on hold for the next 25 minutes. he finally came back to me and said these exact words.."I listened to your call to your son and since you gave me fraudulant information you can never ever receive any credit for dropped calls. I SAID WHAT!!! FRAUDULANT INFORMATION!!! I DID NOT GIVE YOU ANY FRAUDULANT INFO. HE SAID WELL I LISTENED TO THE TAPES AND YOUR SON HUNG UP ON YOU!!! AND STATED THAT I WAS LYING JUST TO TRY AND GET A CREDIT!!! YEAH LIKE I AM GOING TO PUT ALL THIS MONEY ON MY PHONE TO TALK TO MY BABY AND HE IS GOING TO SAY ONE SENTENCE AND HANG UP ON ME!!! MY SON IS VERY SICK RIGHT NOW..SWINE FLU IS GOING AROUND IN THE JAILS. AND I COULD NOT EVEN TALK TO HIM. NO THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT GOES..WE ALWAYS TALK FOR THE FULL 15 MINUTES. I am really pissed!! Class action law suit!!!
If there was another company we could use I bet they would be a bit nicer. They wouldn't want to lose customers. but they know they are all we have. so I guess they can just take your money. give you 1 minute phone calls and charge for 15 min. calls. and then turn around and ask you for more money. This has happened to me so many times you can not even imagine!!! I have been doing this for a year and a half now. I am a good paying customer!! WTF!! I will just take that 25 bucks and go visit my son and quit using GTL!!!
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010 by   pbiggs 0 Votes
I have been having a big issue with Global Tel Link as well. For some reason, the calls have went from 15 minutes to 5 minutes. The phone warns us that we have 1 minute left when the phone timer hits about 4Mins 30 secs. I called GTL, and they say.. I dont' know what's going on.. maybe its the actual facility that's cutting the phones off - they told me they have the authority to cut the phones off if they want to. They told me to tell the inmate to report the problem to the officers at the correctional facility. So I am getting 5 minutes calls for the price of a 15 minute call. I am going to the BBB. This is rediculous..I pay serious money to talk to my loved one..this company is so sketchy..I really don't see how they can still be in business...their service is very poor.
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   Eellana 0 Votes
Pinellas County Jail uses Global Tel Link as their service provider for inmate calls. I have spent an outrageous amount of money to try and keep in touch with my loved ones. Everytime the call is connected; the connection is HORRIBLE! You can hardly hear the other party talk, and the calls get dropped before the 20 minutes has expended on a regular basis. What a rip off!!!

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips