Global Personalsgbp.Internet

Posted: 2013-01-07 by

continued to take payments after unsubscribed

Global Personalsgbp.internet
United Kingdom
I unsubscribed to a friendship agency at least 12 months ago, could be almost 2yrs and have just realised I was continueing to pay £14.95 monthly subscriptions. As far as I was aware I unsubscribed to the agency, I ticked the box I thought would cancel my membership but apparently all I did was unsubscribe to the news letter. For the benefit of others you have to ring Global Personals, and it took me ages to find the phone number as Santandar Cards who took the payment couldnt provide it. The telephone number is 01753 271280. They said they would refund me my latest payment!!! Just glad I have stopped it but very annoyed that I could have payed in the region of £300 for nothing. Sadly I haven't got the details of when I thought I unsubscribed. Really just want to make others aware of this sort of thing.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

6th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
I also thought I had unsubscribed before my renewal date. I spoke to Global Personal and they advised in their Terms and Conditions it states you need to ring the company to make a full cancellation. This process is not made easy as the contact number was hard to find. Thank you to this website and this complaint, that I've managed to cancel completely on all of their sites, but they still took my money.

Contact Us