logo

Asking for Refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Global Marketing Service, Inc, Deerfield Beach, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Scam check

Global Marketing Service, Inc Contacts & Informations

Global Marketing Service, Inc

Posted:    rws

Scam check

Individual
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Received a check for $5, 400 to be a "secret customer". The scam was to report on Money Gram by making a money gram transfer for $4, 150 with a service charge of $250 and keeping $1000 as employee pay. Check had to be authorized then complete transaction within 48 hours. Enough time for them to stap payment and stick victim to full payment of $5, 400. Luckily I did a google and found this scam throughout the US. Bank check was from Illinois Nation Bank with company located in Ottawa Ontario Canada.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Dec, 2008 by   Laurie +1 Votes
THE CHECK WAS BOGUS TO BEGIN WITH -no stop payment required.

there never was a MYSTERY SHOPPING JOB - - the whole point was to steal your money before their check bounced.
 25th of Jan, 2009 by   kerry +1 Votes
thank goodness for common sense and the internet!!! i received check for 5, 400.00 to do the money gram thing as well. when is the last time anyone practically GAVE you 1, 000.00? but these checks are very legit looking some people will surely be fooled into this scam. GOD BLESS!!!
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   Ria +1 Votes
I got the same check just two days ago. I thought it was legit, since I had applied to become a mystery shopper on-line previously. Now I'm guessing that is bogus too. Anyhow, I first suspected something out of whack when I tried calling the company for further details as the letter stated, and never could get an answer. There wasn't even an option to leave a message. Then I looked for a company website, but there was none. So finally I said, I'll look them up on the web and came across this site. The same check, from the same company, in the same place, it is NOT REAL!!! However, I do agree with Kerry, this check looks very real and legit.
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   Ike +1 Votes
Now the SCAM CHECK is from Global Marketing and Services, Inc. Arlington, Texas 76003-2800. Check looks legit except there is no lock after the dollar amount ($1, 640.00). And there is no spelled out name and position for the Authorized Signature!! The scammers went to great lengths to make the check look real providing what appears to be watermarks on the back of the check...but they are none that I have ever seen!!

The scam is the same, as the ones above...the Western Union transfer of funds to a Canadian name and address!

There is another scam via "junk email" I get very often! it is written in various ways to convince me to provide my ID and other pertinent info including my bank and account number!!

I surely hope that people realize if its too good to be true...IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   BLAYDE +1 Votes
i went to bank to cash the 2500.00 check. i was told to send 1995 western union, pay 200.00 fee, and keep 300.00. the bank wouldn't cah it. said it may be returned. it was a very real looking cashier check. i went to check cashing. the guy asked all these questions. what is the check for? i said mystery shopping and why all the questions? he made some calls and said the check was a fake!! he kept the check and i called headquaters of check cashing. they said they have to confiscate counterfeit checks, but i am in no trouble. i was a victim. this is sum fake company sending out real looking cashier checks from a credit union...BEWARE...NEVER CASH ANYTHING FROM GLOBAL MARKETING
 25th of Nov, 2010 by   Not-stupid-enuf 0 Votes
the same thing happened to me i received a check from global marketing inc for $2495.00 stating to send 1995 western union, pay 200.00 fee, and keep 300.00. it was from Randolph Brooks Fed Credit Union. Luckily being the wise woman i am i decided to go online and search. the address was in san antonio tx and google maps pulled it up as a gas station. there is a facebook page for their "SCAM" company but no legit business web page. any real company who is sending out thousands of dollars is going to stand behind something legit and professional. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! they are praying upon people who they feel are stupid enough to believe them. HEY GLOBAL MARKETING WHY DONT YOU LOOK KARMA IN THE FACE SO IT CAN SLAP YOU!! Please everyone dont fall for this!
 7th of May, 2012 by   G72 0 Votes
I received a check in April 2012 for $2, 800.15 from Global Inc. The check is from First Commonwealth Bank located in Indiana, PA. States I won $65, 000 in a lottery computerized draw system (yah right lol). It states to contact: Alex Munata at 1-289-892-5451 so he can activate the check before I deposit it. I really want to cash it, but i know its 99.99% fake probably.

I see these crazy checks occasionally. Last time was last year for a money order from the US Post Office. I went the post office and they told me this check looks almost perfect, but its fake and they took it of course.

Nothing is free. Please be careful anyone.
 18th of Jul, 2013 by   WHAT ??? STUPID NO... 0 Votes
I AM FROM SOUTH AFRICA- NOW THEY ALMOST HAD ME AT YOU WON!!! LOL COME ON PPL I DID NOT EVEN ENTER FOR ANY COMPS ???? THEY SAID I WON $2480.00 US FOR ME THATS QUITE A LOT OF MONEY... I ASKED THEM A LOT OF QUESTIONS LIKE WHO DO THEY BANK WITH, AND WHAT DO I NEED TO GIVE THEM TO GET THIS CHECK, THEY ASKED ME FOR RESIDENTIAL OR WORK ADRESS AND I PROVIDED THEM WITH ONLY MY OLD WORK ADRESS, SUDDENLY THESE PPL ARE NOW ABLE TO FLY HERE TO GIVE ME THIS ... PLEASE SO I REPORTED THEM TO THE BANK AND THEY TOOK IT FROM THERE..

Tips for Keeping Your Online Business Safe