logo

Disappointed with renting

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Global Domains International, Carlsbad, California Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized billing

Global Domains International Contacts & Informations

701 Palomar Airport Road #300
Carlsbad, California
Phone: 760-602-3000
website.ws
After carefully looking at a number of online offers GDI got my attention with their picture of a Ferrari and the slogan: 'Do you want one of these?' The testimonials convinced me that GDI offered what I was looking for. I signed up with GDI and studied the concept. I did not need the Domain name and the 10Megabites of hosting other than for getting others to sign-up, with the promised income in mind. It turns out that all these testimonials are bought with their so called contests.

Although GDI claims that it is free to join.(See their website) They only give you 7 days for 'free' without properly stating that. In order to sign-up, credit card information is required you have to give credit card information so they can charge your credit card after 7 days anyone that fails to cancel (which is made complicated) is on the hook. Even if you cancel chances are that they will keep charging your credit card.

The product is just to cover-up an illegal pyramid scam. Godaddy (godaddy.com) which is a respectable company that services businesses for years and offers a hosting package for just over $4.00 per month for 10 Gaga-bites and 100 email accounts 10 times the hosting space and email accounts GDI offers for $10 per month. The real value of GDI hosting is just $0.40 per month and a DOT- COM domain name which is better than WS is offered for just $10.10 per year. And the WS domain name at Godaddy.com for $15.00 per YEAR This makes the real value of GDI's package just under $1.40 per month If you sign-up for more domain names which GDI tries to let you do it's a lot worst, You are then charged $20.00 or $30.00 per month for just 2 or 3 domain names three domain names registration cost $30.00 per YEAR. Businesses get their domain names from companies like Yahoo and Godaddy not from GDI WebSite.WS

Most of the people I signed up did not continue the program and quited in a few months. However I don't give up on things easily I was thinking constantly how to get things going. I spend around $20, 000.- in advertising. After a total of 2 years in the program my income was $130.00 per month for two years full-time work not very good and not even a drop in the ocean compared to the promises.

In short My complain is GDI is a plain Pyramid Scam. Only a few subscribers are making money which is not made clear in their presentations. And their websites.

My second Complain is about the use of my sons credit-card. I had used My personal Credit card to pay for a person in my down-line After I was no longer a member of GDI I was going to make sure that charges for this person would no longer come off my credit card. I canceled my Credit card. However GDI apparently had a credit-card of my son on file who has the same first name as I do, Which I was not aware of and might have used on an occasion.

Without informing me or receive authorization GDI started in January this year(2008) to use my sons credit card for this account, which was not in my name or my sons name. Henry Koopman was the subscriber to that account.For five months GDI took money from my son, He did not think anything of-it because he thought it was for me and was not concerned of getting it from me eventually. When he came to ask me for the money it was for 5 months taken of his account. I have asked GDI to return the money to my sons card but they refuse to give it back. Finally after complaining with the credit card company the credit-card company returned the funds into my sons credit card.

GDI always denies any charge against them.

Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Global Domains International complaints
Global Domains International - Scam and lies

Comments

10th of Jun, 2009 by   JangNaRa 0 Votes
wow after 2 years u only earn $100++? I'm getting 20 downlines(total in level 1, 2, 3) in 2 months with a total advertising cost of $70. Yeah the cost of $10 is not really reasonable but then what we all want is the income opportunity. Let just say you wanted to buy Nike Shoes from this A Shop that sell it for $100, while you can get the same shoes at B Shop for $50 or even $10 at the distributor. Hmm? Its just marketing. Well, If I were you and making $130++ a month already, i would just stay and continue with the program. Well, I can just use the $130 to pay the $10 monthly cost can I? Wee.
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   justasking 0 Votes
The credit card issue is clearly your own doing. It could have been avoided had you been more careful. Can't blame the program for all the wrong things that happen in your life. You should have chosen a better upline before you signed up, but you can transfer your account to a more helpful upline who can help you succeed if you so desire. You said you are already earning $130 per month. So why don't you just continue the program and think of ways to increase traffic to your website so people would know what you have to offer? There are free programs to do this. A business like this requires team effort. If you only want people to sign-up under you without providing them the support and guidance they need on what to do and how to succeed in the business, eventually they would quit and think of it as nothing but a scam. This is probably one of the reasons why you think that GDI is nothing but a pyramid scam. Hmm..
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   Blackemtee 0 Votes
You know what, I am very new to GDI, actually a lil over a week, I have 3 in my downline, 2 or which are strangers. The thing is, the business is mathematics. If you lead them, they will come. I know people are quick to label something as a scam, especially American. After being scammed or hearing of someone being scammed we label everything a scam, with out doing any research. The puzzling part of this article is this person was receiving some residual income. Forgive the vernacular, but WHY would you cancel a membership that is providing some residual income. Not to be insulting, but you sound down right retarded. You could have invested the additional $120 in a mutual fund.
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   Netprofitathome 0 Votes
GDI is a rock solid company and a great business opportunity for only $10/month. As with any business, the key to sales and success is traffic. It doesn't matter if it's a brick and morter store, or a website, no traffic, no sales.

The reason most people fail in these types of businesses is because they are not internet marketers and do not know how to drive traffic to their website.

YOu need to have hundreds of fingers in the water in this type of business, all driving traffic to your website. To do this, you need a Marketing Funnel, which funnels all the traffic from hundreds of sources to your website.

The very best marketing system to do this is found here:

It doesn't matter if you company is GDI or any other MLM business. Use this system and you will generate traffic and make sales.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   Jerry Works 0 Votes
Some people are so quick to label reputable companies as spam simply because of their narrow views and closed mind. They refuse to do any real research before flapping their gums. Check this out. GDI has been in business for ten years. How many cons or scams last that long. Look them up with the BBB and you will find that their are no unresolved complaints. They are not sterling but, neither is Walmart or any other company that has been around for a while. GDI is constistently listed in the top 50 of Inc500 Magazine's list of fastest growing companies. With clients like BMW, Bose, K Mart, etc., you can be sure that this is a reputable, long term corporation. I have been with GDI for about six months and am very happy with their product and the earning potential.
The product is very reasonable when you consider that most people will spend several hundreds or even thousands to get their own website set up and to maintain it. Sure you can get your own domain name for ten bucks a year with GoDaddy but, you still need hosting and someone who can upload script and edit HTML source code. Professional designers are very expensive.
If you would like to know more about GDI, come to my website and check it out.
 20th of May, 2010 by   pradeeppujari 0 Votes
Global Domain International has changed my life.. I dont know the internet marketing basics but i always follows my uplines direction and now i have achieved a big success you can earn $100000 per month with GDI easily
for more detail visit me at
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   Manny D 0 Votes
It's so obvious that you never really learned what this business is about. You failed to follow up on your personal finances/credit card charges by allowing an entire 5 months to go by before noticing the accrued charges. If you spent that much money on marketing and advertising and only resulted in 130 sign-ups, you basically shot yourself in the foot by once again, allowing that much in marketing expenses add up and probably never making and changes in directions that would be best for your campaigns (if you even know what that is). You mean to tell us that once your marketing budget reached, lets say...$2, 000...it never dawned on you to "make some adjustments?" You basically allowed your ship to sink and never thought that if the water keeps on coming into the ship, it might be a good idea to waterproof before it sinks. Let's hope you never end up a captain of a cruise ship, you just might turn on the engines and let it run straight into dry land or even worse... a huge iceberg.
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   GDI Website Leaders 0 Votes
Are you serious? GDI has been paying all my bills for over 5 years now. My GDI income has continued to grow since the crash in 2008 where most others have seen a decline in their incomes or lost their jobs. GDI has been one of the best things that ever happened to me.

I learned how to use SEO to get my GDI websites to the top of the Internet and get lots of traffic and sign ups. It's been working so well, I teach my down line how to do the same.

You can't blame GDI for the outrageous cost or ineffectiveness of your advertising. You also can't blame them for not paying attention to the multiple charge cards you registered with them.

I don't want to sound hard, but it looks like you need to pay more attention, make better judgements and take responsibility for your own actions.

I love my GDI website, GlobalDomainsInt.ws, and the monthly residuals and weekly $100 bonuses have been a Godsend... for years!
 24th of Apr, 2012 by   LionLand 0 Votes
I believe the complaint. If you check any website posted on here it just brings you to the GDI sales page. None of anything from GDI makes any sense. It reminds me of when i joined SMC. They get you in and wont let you out. You have to work for months to try and stop charges. If you want out and are not let out immediately something is really wrong with this companies business practices. I got out of SMC by canceling every account i had to stop them from charging me. They are still chasing me for a $36 charge which has ballooned to $632 to cover collection companies expenses. Maybe if one person wrote something that actually made sense my opinion would change about GDI. They say you DO NOT have to sell anything but everyone is talking about sales. What are you selling? It makes no sense. It has pyramid scheme written all over it. Say something like how it works. What is sold. You say you need to drive traffic to your website. What is on your website? If it is just another GDI sales pitch then that is a pyramid scheme. Like it or not that's what it is! I check every website posted here and it brought me straight to GDI sales pitch for GDI. Nothing is being sold. It is an updated version of a pyramid scheme. Sending someone to the bottom of the list to work their way to the top by sending others to the bottom of the list. That is a pyramid scheme.
 6th of May, 2012 by   Adwajr 0 Votes
First off, let me say, many are right about this guy not checking on his stuff and letting it get out of hand. I was involved with GDI once and cancelled for personal reasons at the time. billing stopped, no problem. Let me clear up what is and is not illegal in a pyramid scheme; Illegal schemes sell no product or service to the consumer. Many companies use MLM payout systems to pay people. If you are selling a legitimate product/service to the consumer, it is legal, no matter how you get paid. The web site hosting is a legitimate service. Just because many decide to only promote GDI, doesn't mean that's all there is. You can use the website as an affiliate marketer for thousands of other legitimate sale items or link to other companies for referral commissions. That's where you make the real money. Why settle for only GDI down-line referrals when you can add all this other income to the site? And yes, you can get web hosting for less money just like you can get anything for less, if you look around. The price for what they offer is, in my opinion, reasonable.
 6th of May, 2012 by   Carlos Castellon 0 Votes
I been in GDI for over a month and already seeing some residual, its not a "pyramid scheme" or a scam, and don't expect to make a million in a single day, if you were making money with the company how would it be a scam ? its your fault that you didn't check your billing statements . Please don't try to to hurt the reputation of a good standing company with your bad experience which was your own fault . for people looking to make it with GDI please check my website (its not a gdi sign up page like the other guys post)

Have a nice day everyone!
 20th of Apr, 2013 by   stantomas 0 Votes
I am always amazed at how some can be mis informed then post negative opinions which only hurts all of us trying to build a work from home income/business. GDI is not a pyramid; I have 17000+ downline since I started in March 2010, and any one of those members could earn any amount that they choose to work for. Programs online will work IF we learn the skills to send enough prospects (traffic) to the system being used to make the sale. Godaddy does not offer a comparable work from home business opportunity so the comparison is totally not valid for what either company offers and is based on. Lastly, GDI has a strict cancellation policy that requires the member to phone them. This is for various security reasons. Letting a credit card payment go for months suggests the member did not look in their backoffice to learn the policy or to reach out to up line members for the facts. I hope anyone reading this realizes success in any program online requires each of us to take responsibility for knowing our business and learning the skills to make it work. I hope this is helpful. Stan http://income.businessreviews4you.com
 6th of Jun, 2014 by   heraldangel1 0 Votes
I have been with GDI for 5 months and have one sign up. I advertise like crazy and have been through the training more than once and work 4-5 hours a day, building my list builders and posting as many ads as possible. I used all the lists recommended and the recommended ad text. Any advice would be so welcome, I do not want to give up and don't feel it is a scam, I am just unhappy at not having more success. I just need some help and that is my main issue. Getting my sponsors to respond to me has been useless. If you have any suggestions please send them to me at heraldangel1@yahoo.com.

Beware of Get Rich Quick SEO Scam Artists