logo

Perfect-watches.com
Replica scammers
3. (18 mins ago)
uksleepingtablets.com
I got nothing from these scammers
4. (19 mins ago)

Posted:    Shhje

Scammed

Global Discovery Vacations
globaldiscoveryvacations.com
All I can say is I'm both sorry and elated to find individuals like myself that were scammed for travel services by Global Discovery Vacations. This company is a total consumer ripoff. How dare anyone of this company, at whatever satellite office they have moved into this month, even try to defend what this company is selling. All of your stories on-line sound so familiar to what has happened to my husband and I. This company couldn't be more of a joke.

They start by calling you on the phone stating you have a free trip (usually 2 nights, 3days) with a choice of 5 or 6 places to go for attending a 90 min presentation for travel services. After you agree to the 90 min presentation you drive to whatever office they have set up for that time period. I have noticed that all of them have short life spans. After you hear what great discounts they have (and I'm the first to admit how embarrassed I am for buying in) they negotiate a lifetime able to be passed on for generations "vacation club." The membership fees all started out in the $15K range in my presentation.

Here's the scam. They have a couple of people working out of a real office somewhere. Then for as long as it takes to sign up all the suckers like me they have several "temp" sales offices. These are where they give sales presentations. Once the consumer buys in they have 3 days to break the contract. The travel services department (if you want to call it that) is only open Mon-Fri. The presentations are given on a Friday or Saturday by the time you call on Monday and by the time you get a response you can no longer void the contract. Once your stuck they rely on your frustration to take over. Most people only get two-three weeks of vacation a year with a couple of long weekends. This equates to only being able to go on 4-5 trips or so a year, if your lucky.

You can't see where you "might" be able to travel, you have to submit more money to this joke of a company for the chance at a vacation resort. GDV needs an attorney with some time to put them out of business once and for all. I was lied to about all inclusive vacations being a part of my membership, which is not so (regardless of the 4 stars I won't use this year). I can get "discounted" trips thru an affiliated travel agent, which it didn't take me long to figure out that the discounts they give aren't really discounts at all. It's just a few people looking up what you can do yourself in about 5 minutes on the web (minus the comission rate for providing this "exceptional" service to you, you will find the web prices about 20% cheaper). This goes against everything they told me in the presentation of buying airline tickets in bulk and buying blocks of rooms each year for members. YADA YADA

These employees have to know what GDV is doing. Anytime I have called trying to get information about the company I am either forwarded to voice mail or given to 'Tamara' if that's her real name the supervisor on duty and the highest power of lack of caring the company can offer.

I would be more than happy to be a part of a class action lawsuit against GDV (GLOBAL DISCOVERY VACATIONS) if anybody is interested. I will be keeping a close eye out on new reports. This is not an isolated incident. There are many other travel companies scamming people out of their hard earned cash.

Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2010 by   Kim Wallech-White +3 Votes
My name is kimwallech - white, and yes this is my real name. As i sit here looking up where to go on my next vacation i came across this complaint. I have to tell you, i have never been more offended in my life, as if this were my company, which it is not, nor do i work for them. My husband and i bought into global connections (Gdv) about 6 years ago and have never!!! Had one complaint. We have been always given the utmost professional attention and respect. We were told we had a 97 percent chance to go when and where we wanted to go and we have received 100 percent. I really think it a shame for people to make complaints about a product they probably dont understand or didnt fully follow along with. For example, the company gives you 10 days to cancel, not 3. Also, the (Free) 3 day trip she was given to view the travel club is bought by global from another company as not to give all the members weeks to every tom dick and harry, thank you global!!! This way the members get what they ask for. Now to address the fees im sure she is talking about when they give you this free 3 day trip, you have to send a 50$ deposit and several different places t0 go as which i also did, but having bought the club i cancelled my free 3 day trip as got my money back. And you always get a 24hr hold to research resort!!! So look it up they give you the website. I would love to hear from this woman, so please respond. Honestly i do not work for global but we have been on 24 wonderful vacations and almost feel like you and others are not treating global fairly and giving consumers the wrong impression. Having said this, there will always be employees at any companywho may say something that they may beleive to be true, but unintensionally say the wrong thing. My hubby and i have been to hawaii 4 time s, been on cruises, compass cove in myrtle beach twice, ocean ctity, cancun, etc. Etc. All i have to say is however reads this im a real person who does not have any regrets !!! What so ever and do not let people who dont know what their talking about deter you from a lifetime of verrrrrry resonable vacations in awesome locations all around the world. Id be more than happy to explain how global works! Why you ask? Because its changed my life
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   cklenh2o +2 Votes
We have also been members for several years. My son and daughter-in-law used a trip to Tenneessee for their honeymoon and loved it. My father has used several trips to Florida. One year as we were ready to leave for Florida, they called and told us there was a problem with the carpet in our condo. They put us up in an upgraded condo in the same area for no additional fee.

Years ago when we joined it was explained we needed to apply 90 days ahead, but because of the growth, it has been lengthened to 120 days. That hasn't been a problem for us. Europe will probably be our next adventure now that we are retired and have more time. Please be sure to read all of the material. And now that a few people have wrecked condos, there is a deposit required. But that is the fault of consumers, not the company. These condos are mostly privately owned, and sometimes the owners decide to use them some years and they are not available for rent.

Please think before you sign up for anything as to whether it is a good buy for you.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   kristin45692 +3 Votes
I have been a member for a little over 2 yrs, our first trip was for our honey moon in orlando fl and we have a second trip planned in sept of 2010. Our condo in orlando was BEAUTIFUL. You pick your dates, destination and then the website gives you a list of hotels/resorts available. Pay your fee and within minutes recieved a consevation email. My husband was more than skeptical we bought the smallest package available two stars for just under $3, 000. This year we paid a $389 "maintence" type fee and $96 booking fee for 8 days 7 nights in myrtle beach, sc. We still have 1 star left meaning the next trip we take will only cost us $96 for a week long one bed room condo, if booked with in the year of our puchase date anniversary. That will be 2 week long vacations for under $600
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   Michael Pettingill +3 Votes
My wife and I agree with KimWallech-White and her post. We've been owners now for two years, and have gone on some AMAZING vacations. One of our favorites was to Las Vegas last year, and even though the hotel was owned by Worldmark, Global traded with them to get us a room there. It was a beautiful resort, the staff was very accommodating and professional. Three months ago, we took our mothers to the Mayan Riviera Resort in Cancun. That was a vacation they will never forget!!

I definitely agree that you people who cry 'SCAM' about GDV, either didn't pay attention, or had unrealistic expectations thinking that everyone you came across at the resort or wherever, was going to be all sunshine and rainbows. PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE...YOU WILL COME ACROSS RUDE PEOPLE...IT HAPPENS. I'll bet there's more than a few people that have crossed your path have a negative thing or two to say about how you treated them. 'But that's not what I meant'...'I was having a bad day'...I'm sure you've told yourself all those excuses to make it okay. Get over yourself and quit trying to ruin it for others who would like to enjoy themselves on a real vacation!
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   EmWim +2 Votes
My husband and I have also been members for 5 years. We have, or family members have used all our stars every year. We have MORE than paid for our membership and have loved every minute of it! I get so frustrated when I read complaints about GDV. I think most of the time people sign up and don't want to do any of the work. They tell you in the presentation that you have to book early, they also tell you there may be some condo's that require a deposit, they also give you a "free gift" which, like every other timeshare company...its a pain to use. I never used mine, but I am still a satisfied customer. I believe any class action lawsuit against Global would be met by many many supporters of the company as well. I would be the first to support them!
 18th of Jun, 2010 by   DoubleA -2 Votes
Wow, talk about all the troll accounts, considering they only have one post in their lifetime. This company is a scam and you all know it. I know someone who just got scammed, luckily I have connections with the FBI, so she's in luck. This is the real face of Global Discovery Travel. Enjoy you trolls.

18th of Jun, 2010 by   Doktor -2 Votes
Morayllis has a point. This board is full of trolls and this company is a scam. Go crawl back under the bridges you spawned from. I now present to you unlimited troll works.

10th of Jul, 2010 by   SHDONNA -2 Votes
i put my notice in 120 and was told i should have put it in sooner to go to myrtle beach how can you send family and friends somewhere when we cant get a room for ourselves, the people with the 3, 4 paragraphs must work for GDV this company is a joke.wrote bbb and the company responded they was working with me with my flexability when they only called for my member number and ended the call, there a real piece of work, trying to get whistle blower to expose them for the crooks they are and give us our money back.SHADONNA
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   EStout +2 Votes
Shhje and SHDONNA

My name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for Global Connections. I would be more than happy to review your membership benefits and how to best take advantage of them. You can call me directly at (913) 660-7780. I look forward to assisting you with your membership.

Eric Stout
Operations Manager
Global Connections, Inc.
 30th of Oct, 2010 by   americajrdetroit -1 Votes
Hi,

My name is Jason Rzucidlo and I am the Owner & Web Designer of AmericaJR.com. I received lots of complaints about the Global Vacation Network so I decided to do some investigating. I encourage you read and comment on these articles before attending a GVN sales presentation:

http://americajr.com/news/globalvacationnetwork0314.html (You can also view all of the documents you will be required to sign in a PDF file)

Many of the GVN offices will show you a phony BBB rating that is not their true rating. Always check BBB ratings at www.bbb.org.

Secondly, GVN is offering huge prizes like Lincoln Navigators that are impossible to win. They are only giving away 1 and your chances to win it are 1 in a million. So if they told you that you won one, you probably didn't.

Good luck in your travels.

Jason
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   nee cee gee 0 Votes
If anyone wants to participate in a class action lawsuit against global i am all for it they scammed me and myhusband too they told us that they would not charge us if we did not use it and it can easily be reactivated if and when we would use the vaction from our family and we can pass the benefits down to our kids well we did not use it and they got bill collectors to call us as though we did something wrong they are first class liers they put a bad mark on our credit we paid money monthy and did not receive the service and they still want money if anyone want yo sue global contact us so that they can stop this gotautis@hotmail.Com
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by   kishoyian -2 Votes
I feel cheated, used and dumped. Please include me in the class action
suit against these guys. They tell me that i cannot cancel my
membership and yet they cannot offer me any discounted places like
they claimed in the presentation. This is a total rip off.
 11th of Dec, 2010 by   CAGC -1 Votes
Yes if they open a law suit I want in. I am still paying our monthly payment so our credit will stay in order but this place is a scam. We gave them 90 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary and they screwed us over saying they didn't have anything. The places they offer you to stay at like Ireland and Italy are soooooooo far away from all attractions that it is useless. It is a unprofessional company training people to scam poor people. I pray to God that something is done to stop them and get people like myself and others our money back. I think even if I gave them 290 days notice they still wouldn't have anything available~ Maybe I should just file Chapter 7 and they can eat the rest of what I owe! Fed up!
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   Mischelle H +2 Votes
And I totally agree with KimWallech-White and all she has to say!!! My husband and I have been Global members since 2003 - 7 yrs. This has been the best investment. With are plan we get 5 stars a year to use for expressways, value weeks, & yes cruises .We are taking a cruise to Alaska this summer.. And yes Global has destinations ALL OVER THE WORLD.!! Have stayed in Sedona AZ, Park City UT, Costa Rica, Tahoe CA, Whitefish MO, Banuff Canada. We just love Global and there resorts and have booked a least 2 times a year. Travel must be booked 60 - 120 days in advance for peak season vacations. Cruises 120 days and expressways no notice but limited to locations. The staff is friendly and so helpful with your vacation plans. This is upsetting for me to see complaints like the above made about Global. The company is GREAT!! Mischelle
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   NList641 +1 Votes
My Wife and I Joined about 2 months ago. I purchased in the hi pressure situation then came home to see these kind of comments. I was/am concerned, so we have put in our first request. Two 3 bedroom condo's in Myrtle beach, SC in July. I have spoken to Marsha several times. She says she is waiting for a second condo to open up. She says there is currently one available in a facility called water pointe I. When I spoke to her I asked what she thought the chances of getting the second condo were. She said she was confident. I told her that if we have to we will book one with GDV and another on our own as I have seen that there are condo's open on our week. However this will cost us about $400 more. I will post again as this progresses. I just wanted to post something for those out there that were in the same situation as me.

They pulled me in with the free offer but once we heard the product we thought it would be good for our family of 5. So I am not that concerned about the free stuff being crap. But I really want the program to work the way they say it does. If not I will be in on the class action suit. I will keep you updated.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   Troy1970 -1 Votes
I agree its a scam, the free vacation had such restrictions and fees that it was the same as just paying for a vacation. We are paying off the credit card this month and I honestly dont think we will ever use the service. I have looked at the condos that are offered they sure dont look like the ones that where shown during the sales pitch. If there is a class action suit let me know, I'm in on it. voorhiest@yahoo.com
Troy
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   ToProtectTheInnocent +1 Votes
My wife and I joined Global Connections in 2005 and and it's been the best investment we've ever made. Example #1: We were able to get 2 two-bedroom condos at the Mayan Palace north of Playa del Carmen. The retail rate for each condo was $350.00/night or $2, 450/wk. We paid $89.00 for each condo ($178.00 total) for the week! THAT'S $2, 900.00 WORTH OF ACCOMMODATIONS FOR $178.00!!! Example #2: We requested a 2 bedroom condo in Ixtapa/Zihuatinejo. Unfortunately, they weren't able to get us a 2 bedroom so... they gave us two 1 bedroom condos, but only charged us one reservation fee of $89.00! I'm not sure what the retail rate was per night, but the resort was located on a cliff overlooking Ixtapa and it had a condola to take us down to the beach. Awesome! We only paid $3, 600.00 for our LIFETIME membership so we've already recouped our investment. And to know we will only pay the $389.00 Activity Fee in the years we travel is a huge relief.

On one hand, I hope the people complaining are members and not people who went for the free gift only. As someone said, the travel gifts are purchased from a third party vendor and if anyone thinks they can listen to a 90 min. presentation and get an unrestricted travel gift, shame on them. On the other hand, if members are complaining, I feel sorry for them because they're missing a great opportunity. In my opinion, they are either "glass half-empty" kind of people who LOOK for things to complain about OR they, unfortunately, had a bad experience. LET IT GO! Read your paperwork or, better yet, go back into a local office for a refresher course on how to book a vacation.

If you're going to travel, HOW are you going to travel? Option #1: Hotel?? Really?? $200-300 per night and you get a receipt at the end of the week? Option #2: Timeshare? Really, really?? You're complaining about your investment in Global Connections, but you'll pay $20, 000-75, 000 for a timeshare? Option #3: Always visit family so you can stay for free? Quit being a mooch. Option #4: Global Connections? Always stay in condos for $89.00/wk (you may pay more if you joined after 2005 when I joined). It was a no brainer for us!
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   EStout 0 Votes
nee cee gee, kishoyian, CAGC, Troy1070, NList641

Thank you for your recent posts. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about our travel membership. My phone number is (913) 660-7780. The promotions that a couple of you mention are provided by marketing companies. Unfortunately they are not fulfilled by GCI. If you have questions about the promotions, I would be happy to put you in touch with a representative that could answer these questions for you. Again, you are more than welcome to contact me directly so I can assist you.

Eric Stout
Operations Manager
Global Connections, Inc
(913) 660-7780
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   exposed 0 Votes
i agree
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   Maine Guy 0 Votes
My wife and I have NEVER been able to use our membership for any travel. The response is always we want to travel too soon, there is nothing available where we want to go, or they don't have property in the places we like, even though they say they have exchange programs. We enjoy the All Inclusive traveling, but that is not available with them, either. One time we went thru the travel agency for airline tickets. Before I purchased the tickets at the member special price, I checked the airline's web sight and found the same flight for much less ! We would definitely be interested in participating in a Class Action Suit also.

Door to Door Fraudsters