logo

Elegant Companions
Got scammed
3. (4 mins ago)
Bravofly
No refund after they change the flight time
4. (8 mins ago)
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Giuffre Hyundai, Brooklyn, New York Complaints & Reviews - Dishonest Sales Tactics / Price Inflation

Giuffre Hyundai Contacts & Informations

8904 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York
Phone: (718) 921-5500
giuffrehyundai.com
The car I went in to buy did not really exist (even though I called the dealership 10 minutes before I arrived). I ended up purchasing a new vehicle. John took my down-payment check even before I went to speak with the pricing/financing guy. John also told me that the car had a $1, 000 manufacturer rebate (which it did); however, John actually jacked up the sticker price of the car by $1, 000, lowered it by $1, 000 (my "rebate"), and pocketed the manufacturer $1, 000 rebate for himself. I tried to work with John and the financing guy to reach a deal (I was charged $89 extra in taxes on the inflated price of the car), but they kept giving me the run around, tried to confuse me with bogus numbers to show that they didn't pocket the rebate (I teach statistics btw), and finally became really nasty when I started calling them on their B.S. I've since filed a complaint with the BBB, the NYS Attorney General, and with Hyundai HQ.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jul, 2010 by   Brian K. 0 Votes
Almost the same situation happened to me. Just bought 2011 Sonata from them. First they send me email with great price for the vehicle. After I showed up at their dealership the price was almost $5000.00 higher . I took floor model from them and negotiated price down $1000.00. The worst happened with financing, they overcharged me by $2500.00. After I called them about the problem they invited me back in to resolve the problem. Instead of apology and my money back, Mr. JOHN started to explain some "dealer fees". WHAT A SCAM!!! Now I have to file all of the complains and fight for my money! NEVER GO TO THEM! There are other, more honest dealership. STAY AWAY!
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   Beagle 0 Votes
I can't say they jerked me around on the price because I walked out on them. I went there for a 2010 Santa Fe. I was shown a 2011 Sonata. A beautiful sedan, but not what I want when I go in there looking for an SUV. After being shown two used Santa Fe SUVs I was told that they did not have what I want in stock. I was very specific. I wanted the limited edition 6 cylinder engine. The salesman told me he would have it the next day and would even come in on his day off to take me on a test drive. I return the next day and the salesman I dealt with is not there but someone else is waiting for me. He gets the keys and the plates and we are ready for the test drive. I am literally in the car with the salesman and my father as I wanted a second opinion on the ride. The salesman gushes about the four cylinder engine in this vehicle. I explain that this is not what I want and refuse to take the SUV out for a ride. The salesman keeps pushing the four cylinder on me. I refuse and work out. I have been getting phone calls all day asking me to come back and the car I want is waiting for me. I tell them that I will be more than happy to buy the Santa Fe from any other Hyundai dealer. The representative from the dealer tells me please don't do that. I ask what incentive I have to come back and the best answer I get is they found the car I am looking for and I can pick it up at any time. I explain that I still have not even seen or test driven the vehicle. They tell me that I am not to go to another Hyundai dealer and I need to come to them.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Nahums 0 Votes
I went there today (2/4/11) to look at a car they advertised on cars.com for $5, 995.
They told me that that price was assuming you'd pay 25% and finance the remaining 75% -- and that 75% was the %5, 995. In other words, REALLY they were asking $8, 000.
The salesperson said there was no room on the internet posting to include the "fine print."
I told them, "I'm out of here."
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   THERESA69N 0 Votes
I PUT 11, 500 DOWN ON A 28, 000 VEHICLE. WHEN I CALED TO GET MY PAY OFF AMOUNT IT SAID 30, 000! NOW MY CALLS ARE BEING AVOIDED BY EVERYONE! THEY OFFERED ME A CHEAPER VEHICLE, BUT IF THEY HADNT BEEN SO CROOKED, I WOULD BE IN MY PRICE RANGE. I HAVE CONTACTED THE BBB BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO MY MONEY. THE SALES LADY WONT EVEN RETURN MY CALLS. I HAVENT BEEN RUDE AT ALL SO OBVIOUSLY THERES A GUILTY CONSCIENCE. THIS IS MY FOURTH AND LAST HYUNDAI!
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   Rayder16 0 Votes
I purchased a car in June 2012 and since it was a lease I decided to take full coverage so I'd have no worries. I was told about everything from Hyundai Assurance to extended warranty to tire/ rims protection. My wife agreed to all. Fast forward to now, Jan 2013. I blow a tire call for Hyundai roadside assistance which I was told was better than my previous AAA Gold, which I had canceled, and ended up waiting for 3 hours for assistance. 2 tow truck companies had to be called. Driver tells me Assurance basically looks for any available tow trucks, they don't have their own. Then my castles is towed to dealer and lo and behold I suddenly don't have coverage on tires and rims, I have to pay $700. Also no loaner cars available and rental cars, call us tomorrow. Still haven't answered any of my calls. My coverage for tires/rims not in computer and salesman no longer works there. Told loaners they have are saved for genesis/Equus customers. Gave me card to call next day for rental and here I am three hours later and manger is always busy can't get on phone. All staff have been rude and have attitude like tough luck. I've contacted attorney general Eric T. Schneiderman who has already won a huge lawsuit for 46 customers against Giuffre. I suggest others do the same they need to be shut down or regulated somehow, the number of complaints against them is staggering!

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam