logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Universal Trading Strategies
Don’t buy software from them
2. (14 mins ago)
HBM Health Beauty
Seller charges me for $69.99 per month
3. (34 mins ago)
C.M. Haryana/Haryana public health enginerring dept.Panchkula
harrasment for RENEWAL of enlistment of society.
4. (36 mins ago)

Ginny's.com

Posted:    SSMUL

An order in my name that I NEVER placed

Ginny's.com
I called Ginny's customer service line on 8/27 when I opened my email and saw an order acknowledgement, for this company, whicn I had never heard of. I spoke to a very rude customer service rep named theresa- I tried to explain to her, that my dad ordered this race car, with me as the person that the bill would be sent to and I never authorized this. She kept saying well I must have and so on and then told me I was being rude, when I said I wanted this order cancelled and then she hung up on me.

I was extremely angry at my father, but apparently there was a Ginny's catalog with my name in it at my parent's home- but I never heard of Ginny's before. Turns out that a swiss colony catalog that I ordered months before I moved out of my parent's home never came, instead this Ginny's one came in place of Swiss Colony long after I moved. And my father called Ginny's to order the race car, told them the magazing was in my name and asked that the billing and shipping information go to him. They told him they would put everything in his name, but didn't.

I'm 23 and have really good credit, I'm saving up to buy my own home when I'm out of law school for a few years, so I don't go around ordering silly things and I was in a panic when this 50 dollar item showed up on my email address with a bill later notice.

After Theresa hung up on me, I had my bf call them back, b/c I was too steamed to talk. He went to the fraud dept to speak to lori- who transfered him to customer service to speak to Terry who said the order could be cancelled b/c it hadnt shipped yet. My bf asked for a cancel confirmation number and she wouldnt give him one- which made me uneasy. Terry said she cancelled it and the packers would see a cancellation notice when they printed the label out and they wouldn't put the item on the truck. Well just an hour ago I get an email confirmation saying the item was shipped. I sent an email to Ginny's about their incompetent employees and will be calling in the morning to speak to someone who has more intelligence than the people I had spoken to on 8/27. I am also going to report them to the BBB and when my father gets the item he will be sending it back or sending them a money order in full, b/c I shouldn't have to pay this company. If I have to I will be sending them a money order, bc I would not trust this company with my card, I hlope I get my situation fixed bc right now I really want to go to WI and kick their butts. Have a good nite everyone and I hope you all get your problems fixed too.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Ginny's.com complaints
Ginny's.com - Misleading Advertisements

Comments

13th of Feb, 2010 by   NoeticWizard 0 Votes
I had a similar problem with rude staff and being overcharged for a late payment. I actually called their customer service department/accounting and paid my bill on time. The woman took my credit card number and told me that it was paid, but later I got a letter saying that it hadn't been paid. Apparently the dumb woman didn't key in the right numbers and it never went through, but guess what? I had to pay the late charges for their stupidity. Ginnys.com is like a "one person" company probably on some farm in WI. LOL! Unless you like frustration, don't waste your time or money at Ginnys.com!
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   waxahachiecowgal 0 Votes
I have an account with Ginny's and pay my payments each month on time, and I have available credit. When I just tried to place an order I was told I would have to put 25% down. They couldnt transfer me to the credit dept and wouldnt give me a direct line to them. If I have the available credit, then why do I have to put a down payment down? I am begining to think Ginny's is a scam to take your money. No where does it say you have to put a down payment down. Yes, I have a balance owing, but I am going to contact consumer protection about this matter and if you have had problems with them, I suggest you do the samething.
 13th of Aug, 2012 by   Debbyh 0 Votes
Nothing but problems with them. Placed several orders to ship to various addresses then all of a sudden they made up a lie saying my credit card would not go through. Total lie! They are rude and dont even have a customer service email address. Very unprofessional and save your money and time with this one..
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   mjx 0 Votes
I was checking for reviews as well because they sent me a catalog out of the blue as well and claimed that I had available credit, I placed an order, they called saying that I needed to put a down payment before they shipped the items, I paid online but haven't seen it on my bank statement and it now says that my account info that was provided for the purchase was not a valid account...
 22nd of Dec, 2012 by   Ssylv003 0 Votes
Bad Customer Experience
The worst customer service ever! I bought a deep fryer and the basket was poorly made and broke. When i contacted them to purchase a new basket or have one sent they said they could not because it was unavailable even though a comparable item is llisted online. That was my first and last dealings with them. Avoid, and go to a ompetitor that is priced better anyway.
 8th of Mar, 2013 by   sandygriffin 0 Votes
i want to open account
 22nd of May, 2013 by   vrina 0 Votes
I have been quite pleased with my service and products I have received from Ginneys. When I received some cookware that had a defective pan and lid I was immediately sent a replacement without any additional cost from me. Montgomery Wards, Swiss Colony, 7th Avenue as well as other other companies are sister companies so if you receive a catalog from one you may receive catalogs from the others as well. I have ordered numerous cookware sets and other items as well from these companies and have had them sent as gifts to others. My experiences have been outstanding, without incident. products were received and delivered. Reference the lady that had a father that ordered a race car above. It would have been better if he had spoke to you about ordering it. He could have ordered the race car by applying for his own credit. I think all of should be wise in picking our battles. Unfortunately, errors DO HAPPEN and I know this was to the daughter "the principle of the thing". But really...your dad must have really wanted that race car and for me personally, it would be worth it to me to put a smile on his face. I would have just paid for it then closed acct, but that is just me. Once again, I can only say I have received outstanding service better than any I have ever received in any store and it is worth paying a little extra to have items delivered to my door. Very convenient!!!
 14th of Jul, 2014 by   Barbara 0 Votes
I returned an item in April and received email confirmation, and now they've sent me 3 collection letters demanding payment. If they persist, I will take legal action.
 23rd of Aug, 2014 by   dianne witham 0 Votes
I printed out my credit report, and found a company called ginny's on there but I never heard of this company or ordered any products online such a scam, someone used my name, and now I am A victim of fraud . they gave me a hard time when I started disputing false info on my credit report, I never received a bill from this company . I never had an account with them . such a horrible thing to happen now it is impossible to clear this problem, so I filed with BBB hopefully they get somewhere if not I file with the courts eek!!! what a pain but I refuse to pay someone's bill . Cant believe people get away with ruining other peoples credit .

5 Tips for Buying Diamonds