logo

Udidreg.com
Take your business elsewhere
2. (1 mins ago)
MMOGA
Fifa coins - Payment check?
3. (4 mins ago)
beauty-centre.org
Seller sends fake perfume and refuses to communicate
4. (8 mins ago)
Axis, amtrak, jody
tries to deceive women for 'work', off craigslist, con, liar
5. (8 mins ago)

Gift Card Rescue
Montana
Phone: 1-877-800-4413
giftcardrescue.com
This company is a joke. I wanted to sell to them a $500 gift card that I had no use for. They were going to pay me $325 for it. I sent it in and they received it on a Monday (per USPS delivery confirmation). Their website claims they mail out payment within 48 hours of receipt of gift card. Wednesdays rolls around and they email asking for me to sign some forms to confirm I obtained this gift card legally, they wanted a copy of my driver's license, plus they wanted me to submit to them a copy of the receipt showing proof of purchase for the gift card. How can I do that considering this was a gift? I provided everything else except the receipt (since I don't have one, which I explained to them). I don't hear from them for days even after sending several emails asking for the status of my order. The next Monday rolls around and after still not hearing anything I call their customer service, were I'm told they cannot buy my gift card since I cannot provide them documentation supporting the proof of purchase. If I would have known that was required, I wouldn't have bothered sending it in to begin with! Then the kicker is that they want me to send them a self-addressed, postage paid return envelope to get my $500 gift card back! This has been a complete waste of my time and money, considering I had to pay to ship my gift card there in the first place, now I have to pay to get it back. Beware of this company, they are a complete scam! No where on their website does it state they may require documentation supporting proof of purchase. It's absurd to require this, these are GIFT cards after all.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2012 by   kennybt 0 Votes
Wow, I have the same problem too. They advertised free shipping too and it never happended neither. GiftCardRescue = GiftCardTHIEF, this place is a SCAM. I sent the card and they also asked me to sign and fax. After I signed and faxed, then they ask for my driver license. I said I don't feel comfortable faxing my driver license so just send back my card, then Barrie Cason that works at this place said that I need to send them a self address and stamped envelope so they can send back my card to me. Today I got an email from GiftCardRescue = GiftCardTHIEF saying that if I don't send them a returned self address and stamped evenlope, my Gift Card will be donate to them on my behalf. What kind of BS is this?
Dear GoGreeSpartans,

I would first like to apologize for our delay in response. We aim to provide exceptional customer service to all of our consumers, so we apologize that your experience didn’t reflect our enforced goals. For situations such as yours, when selling high value gift cards, we require that certain documentation be provided to successfully confirm that the gift card was legitimately acquired. This is a standard process that is conducted for all high value gift cards to verify buyer information and identity. We reserve the right to hold your gift cards until the follow up process is complete. All of these measures are outlined in our Terms and Conditions that were accepted when you promised to sell your gift card to us. We apologize for your unpleasant experience with our company, we hope to regain your trust as a consumer and give our company another try!

Dear Kennybt,

I apologize about your unpleasant experience with our company. Let me assure you, that we are not trying to scam our consumers by any means. We have been in business for five years now and originally got our start on the popular ABC show, Shark Tank. As a company, we do require certain information to be provided to accept your transaction. We reserve the right to reject a transaction if the customer is unable to provide the information requested. We ask for certain documentation, such as your driver’s license, to verify buyer information and identity. This is a standard process used to protect our consumers and company from any fraudulent activity involving the gift card. As far as shipping, we only offer free shipping if you are purchasing a gift card from us, not if you are selling a gift card to us. If we decide not purchase your gift card for any reason, per our Terms and Conditions (which you accepted during the selling process), we require that you send a self-addressed stamped envelope so we can return your card back to you. Again, we apologize about your experience, and hope to regain your trust with our company!

Dear Kennybt,

14th of Feb, 2013 by   cabletrek 0 Votes
This company has become a real scam. Horrible customer service... STAY AWAY!!! I recently purchased 11 gift cards advertised at $100 each and received 44 $25 gift cards from them. This will not do me any good as the merchant will only allow 15 cards on a single transaction. I have tried to call them and only got a voice mail. Left messages with no call back. Sent emails to them about this and they finally sent a reply saying the will send a mailing label to me the next day. It has now been 2 weeks since then and still nothing. More emails sent to them with no reply. Now when you call their phone they just say "we value excellent customer service" then it goes on to say they are too busy to answer and send an email to them. Then hangs up and no way to leave a message. This to me is a TOTAL SCAM. I am left with no other option than to call my credit card company and dispute the charges, call the better business bureau, and then the Maryland district attorneys office for false advertising.
 15th of Feb, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Dear Cabletrek,

I apologize about our poor communication. We have been experiencing delays due to the high volume of gift cards we've received this past month. As a result, we have been unable to respond promptly to customer service issues, including voicemails and emails. We are aware that you have left multiple voicemails and emails and have not gotten any response back. For that, we are deeply sorry. Being accessible to our customers is one of the things we take pride in and we regret that we have not been able to live up to that standard during the past month. Please email me at carrieb@giftcardrescue.com and I will get this matter taken care of for you immediately. Again, I apologize about this inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
 15th of Feb, 2013 by   cabletrek 0 Votes
What i do not understand about this is you can find time to reply to a complaint on a complaint board but still not reply through your own customer service email??? Any company that totally removes any way to contact them by phone and does not respond to any messages is a sure sign of a big problem. I have heard the high volume excuse before and is no way to run a company.
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   rescuesucks 0 Votes
This company is a true scam. Do not buy from these guys. I have been buying from ecardexchange.com for the last 6 months and love there service and prices. BYE BYE Kwamie
 4th of Mar, 2013 by   anon90811 0 Votes
SCAM!
I ordered on February 3, asking them to send to a different address with a comment in the checkout text. I needed a gift card for a party on March 2 and figured 1 month was plenty of time...wrong! I JUST got a response asking them to send to a different address on MARCH 4, more than a month after placing my order. Not only that, but I never received the card at either address! I cannot believe how terrible the customer service has been with GiftCardRescue.com. This was the first and last time I will use this site.

I ordered for the convenience of not having to drive to the store. I HAVE NOT received the card yet, and the baby shower was Saturday. I don't need the card anymore, I just went to the store and bought the card, and now I'm out the $20 for the card that never arrived (to either address).

Save yourself the time...this is a total scam and they obviously don't care about retaining customers, if it takes over a month to respond to something they never even fulfilled. I'm glad I'm only out $20 and not more.
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   Ex GiftCardRescue Customer 0 Votes
Same as above. Do not have an issue with answering questions, but look what else they wanted:

1. Please PRINT, COMPLETE, and SIGN the attached forms, so that we may have this information for our company records.
This will properly transfer ownership of the gift card(s) to GiftCardRescue.com, so that we may resell them on GiftCardRescue.com THIS IS REASONABLE EXCEPT FOR THE CONTRACT THEY WANT YOU TO SIGN... AND THE STUFF BELOW
2. In addition, please send in proof of purchase for your gift cards, including receipts, order summary, order history or anything else you can provide us as proof of ownership and legitimacy of your card(s). THEY ARE GIFTS, HENCE NO RECEIPT. I GUESS I CAN PROVIDE A NOTE FROM MY MOTHER

3. Finally, we will need a legible copy of your US government issued ID as proof of identity. It is recommended that you scan and email a copy of your license to ensure that it is clear and legible. If we are unable to read the information provided, we will request you to resubmit your information. This may delay your verification process up to 2 business days. NOPE, NOT GONNA DO IT. IT IS NOT LIKE SOMEONE IS MONEY LAUNDERING GIFT CARDS AT A FEW HUNDRED AT A TIME. LOL!!!

Now, you want your cards back since you will not comply with their request---- You provide the shipping back. Will they retain the numbers? Pin? Will the cards be compromised in the future? I wonder how long that will take to return them? IF THEIR ATTITUDE IS ANY INDICATION - WOW

Advice - Keep them, Re-Gift them - but in any case DO NOT USE GIFTCARDRESCUE.com - I have had better service from Plastic Jungle and CardPool. Just my 2 cents, take for what its worth
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Dear "Ex GiftCardRescue Customer"

Our order verification process is company policy and outlined in our Terms and Conditions (which you were required to accept when selling to us). We require the above documentation when selling a high value gift card to our company because of the high risk for fraud in the gift card exchange industry. Every gift card exchange company has a similar policy in place to protect their customers and company from any potential fraud. We use this information to verify the source of the gift card and identity of the seller. If you cannot provide the order verification documentation that we request (per our Terms and Conditions), we ask that you mail us a self-addressed stamped envelope for the retrieval of your gift card. This is to ensure that your card is return to you safely and in your preferred method of shipping. All of this information, including the order verification process, is presented to every customer before selling a gift card to our company.
 23rd of Apr, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Dear anon90811,

I apologize about your poor experience with our company. Let me assure you, that we are not in the business of scamming consumers. We've been in business for five years now and would no longer be in business if we were committing fraudulent activity. Please email me at carrieb@giftcardrescue.com so I can get this resolved for you. You're also welcome to call our customer service hotline that is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST at 1-877-800-4413. Thank you!
 3rd of May, 2013 by   IrritatedHomeownerPA 0 Votes
GiftCardRescue expects lots from its customers, but has no loyalty to them. My wife and I have completed thousands of dollars worth of work on our home, doing nearly everything ourselves, so we regularly used GiftCardRescue to save some money when making big purchases at Lowes or Home Depot. We never had a problem until we went to use a card to buy a door lock last month.

Then I found out how poor their customer service is. One of our gift cards had been purchased in October. It was sent to us by certified mail by GiftCardRescue. Before it even arrived at our house, it was used fraudulently (almost certainly by the person that sold it to GiftCardRescue, or worse, by someone in the company). We found this out from Home Depot after the card had $200 less on it than it was supposed to. They gave us the details of where it was used, and we presented all of our evidence to the company. Even with all of the documentation, and the fact that we have purchased thousands of dollars in gift cards over the last few years from GiftCardRescue, all we could get from their front line and from management was the line about their "60 day policy". We were in a position where we held cards so that we would have to use on an as needed basis. No more. We are done. My father-in-law is a contractor, and we had alerted him to the benefits of the service, but he is now done to. Thousands in business down the drain for GiftCardRescue.

We have reached out one last time through the customer service (which has been awful), and then we will be reporting the company to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office. Their supervisor from customer service made statements about their 60 policy as if it was law. I hate to tell them, it's worth about as much as the keyboard they used to type it, maybe less.

Stay away from GiftCardRescue, you will lose money!
 15th of Nov, 2013 by   Slim_in_prm +2 Votes
This is a scam, but not for the reasons given. Of course they need verification that the cards aren't stolen. Problem is, if they buy a stolen card with a lower face value, say $100, they sell it to people like me and then don't offer a full refund when they are caught. AVOID THIS COMPANY AND ITS PITIFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!
 10th of Apr, 2014 by   bronxboy85 +1 Votes
They are bad i sent in my cards then gave all the information they needed along with copy of my id and still after waiting two weeks i get a message saying that i have to pay for my cards to be return all because on gift card order recipt that is proof i brought them it does not have card numbers that pretty lame why would the card numbers be on that paper . . you would think this company is broke is there a valid reason i have to pay again to have my stuff back . i will be contacting the BBB and writing reports on all scam sites about this place bad service all around .

Sunscreen Labels May Give False Sense of Safety