logo

Unauthorized transaction

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Gift Card Rescue, Ellicott City, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Sold a deactivated gift card

Gift Card Rescue Contacts & Informations

Gift Card Rescue

Posted: 2011-12-05 by    Allan Reichenbach

Sold a deactivated gift card

Gift Card Rescue
8370 Court Ave., Suite B1
Ellicott City, Maryland
I just had a problem with Gift Card Rescue where I purchased a $150 card for $127.50 at the end of January. I had not had the opportunity to use it until November and I was told the card was deactivated. When I called the card company they said it was purchased 1/8/11 and deactivated 2/19/11. When I called Gift Card Rescue they said it was outside the 60 day guarantee and they would do nothing about it. The manager flat out told me he didn’t care about the customer, just company policy that after 60 days they would not investigate. I have filed a complaint with BBB.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2012 by   Louis R. 0 Votes
This company is a scam. I mailed them 2 $50 gift cards and they say they never received them. Buyer beware. Do not do business with giftcardrescue!
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Dear Allan Reichenbach,
I apologize about your unpleasant experience with our company. Our goal is to provide our consumers with the best customer-centered shopping experience. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer support in the industry; this is why we encourage our customers to check the balance on the gift cards within 7 days after receipt of their gift cards. If there is a discrepancy, we urge you to contact customer service immediately so we can replace or refund your card. All sales are backed by our 60-Day Purchase Guarantee; however, if you are passed the 60 day period a refund cannot be issued. This policy is also outlined in our Terms and Conditions that are agreed upon when purchasing a gift card. Again, I apologize about your unpleasant experience and hope to regain your trust as a company.

Kind Regards,
GiftCardRescue.com
 24th of Feb, 2013 by   Alfiechat 0 Votes
I sold them a 25 dollar gift card for Applebee's . According to their website, I've received my code for amazon.com. I haven't. Their customer service is a JOKE.
 25th of Feb, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Alfiechat,

I apologize about this inconvenience. There may have been a communication error between the company that submits our Amazon codes. Please email me at carrieb@giftcardrescue.com and I will be able to retrieve this for you. Again, I apologize about this inconvenience.

How to Save Even if Missed Cash for Appliance Clunkers