logo

North American Fishing Club
Scam and rip off!
3. (30 mins ago)
Menards
Lyon's Bathtub from Menards is crap!
4. (32 mins ago)
Santander Consumer USA
JOIN IN ON THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
5. (35 mins ago)
USPS - WARREN, MI
USPS WARREN (12 MILE & MOUND)

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Gettington.com Complaints & Reviews - Companies such as these have no interest in helping people by re-instilling consumer confidence, they're out for every penny they can get

Gettington.com Contacts & Informations

Gettington.com

Posted: 2011-06-07 by    Gerring

Gettington.com
gettington.com
I am tired of the same con style "pre-approved credit" with over priced items. I did comparisons and found this company to be approx. 25% higher than retail (in the store items. Shipping is excessive also. Another cheap (as in: marketing those who don't undertsand or have credit problems) gimmick is what this is...taking advantage of people when times aren't the best, referring to our state of the economy. To help and be a good company...then reduce prices and have good quality merchandise. A DeWaltt chordless drill went for $149.00 in this catatlogue and $119.00 at the local home improvement center. Greed by others is what led to our current national economic situation. Companies such as these have no interest in helping people by re-instilling consumer confidence, they're out for every penny they can get. I think I may someday offer a catalogue service but with prices that will make people feel good about their purchase and want to return and appreciate getting a deal...and not getting ripped off by insensitive company representatives whose job it is to protect the company versus looking out of the struggling consumer. Before making purchases...google it! Then you decide who can do best for you...not better but best!

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2011 by   charlie1c -3 Votes
This company sent me a summer 2011 catalouge with Pre-Approval in BIG BOLD LETTETS. The inofrmation did not clearly spell out that pre approved meant applying and qualifying through credit verification AGAIN. I thought they had already checked my credit to prequalify me. I will be filing the BBB and the FTC because this is unfair credit practices.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   charlie1c -3 Votes
This company sent me a Summer 2011 catalog that showed I was PRE QUALIFIED for credit. But when I called they said that I had to qualify again. This is unfair credit practices, and I will be filing a complaint with BBB and the FTC (Fair Credit Trade Practices Act). I would advise others to do so also.

7th of Oct, 2011 by   ezeus1 +1 Votes
I disagree. Gettington.com is for people who don't have good credit, therefore they probably don't have a Visa or Mastercard to buy the stuff on google as you suggest. The stuff costs more because of the huge credit risk they are taking by financing people with poor credit. If most of their purchasers default on their credit agreements, they have no choice but to charge more to make up for this. They report to the credit bureaus and are a great option for those looking to rebuild their credit. For those who are familiar with fingerhut, gettington is their sister company under their parent bluestem brands. Definitely not a scam, they've been around forever.
 25th of Nov, 2012 by   sltrhouse +1 Votes
Gettingtons prices are the same as walmart and amazon right now, and have been for a couple months. ordered my keurig, it was 179.99 through them and 179.99 at walmart.
 26th of Sep, 2013 by   psabt1008 +1 Votes
I've done business with them and I've bought a laptop and desktop computer, a heart monitor watch, surround system, 2 ipods, etc... I've always price compared with other retailers and on some things they might be quiet a bit higher but then I just pay cash for the item locally, other times they are within 5 to 10 dollars cheaper or higher of the item and so I'll use my credit account. If you are smart you'll always find a free shipping coupon on retailmenot.com or other coupon to save you from 10 to 20 dollars which then covers the cost of shipping. I've never outright paid for shipping at this site. Customer service is nice and they do sell name brand products in addition to the cheapos. Ultimately they have served me well for my purposes and I would recommend them.
 7th of Dec, 2013 by   Chrisford +1 Votes
The problem I have with is the association of fingerhut and gettington. I was approved by fingerhut for 400$ in credit. So I charged a vacuum cleaner that was actually a good deal through them. Then I paid the 140$ vacuum cleaner off in 2 months avoiding a lot of interest. Then fingerhut starts blasting me with catalogs and raising my credit line. But there's nothing I need from them. They constantly sent me reminders about how much credit is available trying to get me to charge it up. I didn't charge anything more. NOW, here's the kicker: after awhile this gettington catalog arrives with the same exact return address as fingerhut( same company) This catalog had much lower prices and a great selection of nice items at walmart prices. It said I was pre approved for 500$. I'm like cool I might order something. So I did and at checkout the screen said you must apply for credit? I'm like, huh, ok? So I filled it out and the results was declined! My theory is fingerhut and gettington same company. Fingerhut pissed because I wasn't charging up at their high prices, so they sent this other gettington with great prices saying I'm pre approved then deny me when I seen the good deal. Now there hoping since declined through gettington I will go to the fingerhut site and by the same item at their jackass prices and interest. See what I'm getting at? They are marketing scammers sucking the last dollar out people's pocket that have not so good credit. Someone with great credit would toss this shit in the trash. This country is a bunch of greedy scumbags that would rip off their own mother.
 19th of Mar, 2014 by   CreditDiva +1 Votes
If you have great credit, you don't need Fingerhut, nor Gettington - both companies are aimed at people who don't have the best credit. It is what it is. These companies serve a purpose - to help you establish/re-establish credit. That's it, and they do a good job at what they're designed to do. People with great credit don't give them a second look, and rightly so. Once your credit score is at the place where you have better credit options, you don't need them anymore, so you get rid of them and keep it moving. I do my research and only order items that are priced competitively. I'm not going to need them much longer, and while I look forward to that day, I also appreciate that they took a chance on me (I went from a $400 credit limit, to $2500, in about a year). People complain so much...and a lot of it has to do with not understanding how things work - if your credit sucks, you have to go with the flow, and ride it out until things improve.
 25th of Sep, 2014 by   westyjames 0 Votes
They are a company like any other & they serve a purpose for some. I don't get why people complain about stores or online web stores selling at higher prices? No one holds a gun to your heads to buy from them. If you don't like the prices, then don't shop there, it's just that simple! I'm kind of sick of hearing complaints like these. Do your homework & shop around for the best prices like others do. As for the Credit approval in big bold letters, it's up to the consumer to read the fine print that will state "must apply & be approved to receive credit"...Again, it's up to the buyer to do the homework to see if these companies work for them or not, not the other way around. You act like they are your parents & they are supposed to look out for you instead of what they are... companies that are out to make $...You wouldn't complain if you had stock in the companies though...

XDATING.COM ONLINE DATING REVEALED