logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
2. (14 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
3. (22 mins ago)
Irrational

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Georgia Power, Duluth, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - Extermely High Bills!!

Georgia Power Contacts & Informations

Georgia Power

Posted: 2011-08-04 by    hadensville2002

Extermely High Bills!!

Georgia Power
Duluth, Georgia
Our bill FOUR TIMES what it was in April. This is outrageous!! Our bill in April was $165, the bill we just received in August is $638!! This is ridiculous!! Our bills have gone up each month an average of $118 each month. We keep our thermostat locked on a set temp of 75 and only run it a few hours throughout the day and the bills still continue to go up substantially every month - it just doesn't add up. I called Georgia Power to complain and they said that we should keep our thermostat on 80 degrees and that our bills would continue to be elevated because they DOUBLE their rates June 1st-September 30th. 80 degrees, really? Why bother running A/C then, that is not a comfortable inside temperature! And doubling your rates during the highest usage period of the year?! That seems like robbery to me! And of course they can get away with it because they are the only power company in this area. Unbelievable!!
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2011 by   Joseph Alee 0 Votes
I had same problem, I turned my A/C off period and didn't use washer/dryer for whole month. It only made a $25 difference. Doesn't make any sense. I don't think they are sending their meter readers to take readings. All bills are based on your average pattern.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   Butwhy? 0 Votes
I paid close to $700 in less than three weeks to Georgia Power eventhough I cook maybe twice a month for about 30 minutes, I live by myself with only one tv that is unplugged when I am not at the apartment, never turned on central Heating/AC ( I use portables for each), and lately, I shut off the breakers for the stove and hot water taking shower at the gym instead, but electric bill is still outrageously too high. I tried and tried to talk to someone who would care at GA-Power but all I got is more shocking bills. It is shame that the company takes advantage of people especially in this economic environment. Sprint used to rob it's own customers the same way as Ga-Power, and then 600, 000 people deserted them in one quarter plus the bad publicity permanenly sank them (thanx to Metro Pcs and other low flat-rate wireless carriers, robbery by cell-phone companies are no more) I live in an area where there are a lot of Mexicans and my first thought was that the company is probably in the habit of overcharging certain demographics. There is no question that Georgia Power is overcharging and getting away with it all over the place. It is wrong and it should be illegal. Look at Apple: there is no overcharging at iTunes or the App Store while even holding to your credit card information and their price is low and reasonable. Why can't Georgia Power and others do the same considering their monopoly. Criminals and greedy people run some of the utility companies.
 17th of Mar, 2014 by   John nich101 0 Votes
PEOPLE ARE TURNING OFF THEIR HEAT AND AIR FOR WHOLE MONTHS AT A TIME JUST TO PROVE GEORGIA POWER IS CROOKED, FRAUDULENT AND OVERCHARGING PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE ELDERLY AND THEY'RE TURNING OFF THE HEAT AND AIR TACTIC HAS ENTRAPED GEORGIA POWER AND HAS REVEAL THAT GEORGIA POWER IS NOW CAUGHT UP IN THE WEBS OF THEIR OWN LIES. WHERE IS THE PENTEGON AND THE WHITE HOUSE WHY DON'T THEY COME TO THE RESCUE OF THE ELDERLY AND OTHER PEOPLES OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA.? THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP, THEN YOU GOT THESE HYPOCRITES THAT KEEP PAYING THE BILL NO MATTER HOW HIGH IT IS AS OPPOSED TO HOW LITTLE POWER THEY'VE USED, WHILE THEY MAKE IGNORANT STATEMENTS THAT INSINUATE THAT PEOPLE ARE JUST USING MORE POWER THAN LAST MONTH LIKE GEORGIA POWER SAYS THEY ARE, "JUST PAY YOUR BILL" . THESE ARE THE SAME DUMB STUPID (AS IN IGNORANT) PEOPLE THAT ARE 1000% (YES I WROTE ONE THOUSAND PERCENT) ARE GONNA BE THE FIRST ONES TO RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST AND MANY OF THEM PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE RECEIVED THE MARK, AND THEY'LL BE THE VERY ONES TO TELL THE PEOPLE THAT REFUSE THE MARK, "AHH JUST RECEIVE THE MARK AND STOP COMPLAINING", AND WHEN YOU REFUSE, "MARK" MY WORDS, THEY WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO TURN YOU IN, RAT YOU OUT TO THE ANTICHRIST AUTHORITIES YOU CAN BANK ON THAT MY FRIENDS, BANK ON IT INDEED. This company has been over charging my elderly mom for a few years now and it's only getting worst, she was not home for nearly a month and her bill was well over 200$ Again, while her neighbor in the apartment in the same unit was home all month and their bill was under 100, and other neighbors bills were jacked up also. My mom was nor i was home for nearly a whole month and upon our return our power blacked out during an ice storm, also my mom turned the heat off for about a week put her health in danger at 79 years of age, and her bill is still well over 230 dollar, and she paid the previous month and only owed 40 dollar after paying most of it. This kind of dishonesty has been going on for a very long time now nearly three years and when ever she pays the whole amount they still overcharge her the following month. 240$ - 390$ a month with barely any electricity being use to bring the bill down, is a crooked operation, that takes advantage of the elderly.
 26th of Jun, 2014 by   Pissed@GAPWR 0 Votes
This happens EVERY YEAR!!! They feel that it's ok for them to STEAL from us because it's time for GA POWER to give themselves a bonus!
If they were a honest company they would not do this. I've called and have been told the same thing, turn the temp to 80...when I asked them if the A/C was set to 80 in their office they would not answer.
Then they had to nerve to say that it costs more in the summer...it doesn't. It cost the same year round for them to produce the power. But how can they meet the bonus payouts they have to pay to themselves if they don't rip off the people that keep them in business?
The only thing you can do is go solar...or wind, and when they raise the price...turn it off!
They are dishonest...and deserve no respect at all...even the people that keep the lines up are crooks!!
 4th of Sep, 2014 by   Jawage 0 Votes
There are just the two of us in a over fifty-five community. This is our first year with GA Power and since May our bill has tripled! Despite our early attempts to avoid the steady increases such raising our thermostat setting, installing more double paned windows and a sky light. The increases continued nevertheless. Who do you turn to when GA Power is the only game in town in Duluth, GA? They can charge what they want, no one can prove it and they know it. We also have a gas oven and both work during the and make sure most everything is off. This is an outrageous attack on the elderly (who seem to get these bill increases). They arbitrarily raise prices, bill the helpless and use their power to deny comfort to those who refuse to pay overcharges.

Train Fares Increase for 2013