logo

Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper
2. (20 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE
3. (22 mins ago)

genix diet/slim shake

Posted:    JOHN

deceptive marketing

Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jan, 2009 by   Jim Knoll +2 Votes
Same exact thing happened to me...except it was $5.99 for the shipping & handling for a small 3 oz container of powder...no bars.
Had to have bank re-issue card..Unauthorized debit of $88.97.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   Anita +2 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I sent for the free offer for 5.99 shipping and the next thing I know I am being charged 88.97. I thought I was following instructions for the free offer. I have never received any merchandise not the free or the 88.97 items. These people are scam artists. They also go under different names (slime asy) and genexdiet and who else knows what other names. I think we should get together and notify the better business bureau. They insisted I could have cancelled in 20 days but I had no idea that I even checked the subscription. Anita
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   red +2 Votes
Exact same thing happened to me; have canceled the card to that account and will submit a dispute.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   Rosa Olher +2 Votes
I HAD THE SAME´PROBLEM. i WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL THE BILLING OD 88.97 ON MY CREDIT CARD, BUT i DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. What's going on in this country...I would like to know whom I can blame for that...
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   Mary Nix +2 Votes
Thanks for the warning...it looked like a good thing to get the samples, but once again folks are being duped!
Mary Nix
 31st of Jan, 2009 by   maryann +2 Votes
This is ridiculous, I just checked my account and saw this charge and contacted my bank and this is the same thing they told me, It was an $88.97 charge...
Does anyone know a number to the customer service so we can have that money placed back in our accounts, I never even tried the trial package that I received..
This is crazy how they hook you and then reel you in with your funds...
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   Richard Williams +2 Votes

Does anyone know a number to the customer service so we can have that money placed back in our accounts, I haven't even received any products, I wish that we could all get together and see if we can all file a law suit against these people.

I am amazed that this type of fraud still goes on. I cancelled my card, my bank's sending me another,
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   Horrified Customer +2 Votes
88.97 Same thing happened to me!!!
 4th of Feb, 2009 by   bb13 +2 Votes
me 2 - bastards!
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   epiphany91104 +2 Votes
I signed up for a free trial of this product and now i am being charged 88.97 for the next 3 months and after the trail I never even received any thing. I am going to contact the better business bureau.
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   Tina Nelson +2 Votes
Received an email offering a free trial of slim shake if I paid for postage (4.95). There is a large button located in the center of the website page to accept the free trial offer. I thought I was accepting the trial offer but afterward was billed 88.97. Once you press the trial offer button you are taken to a second page with no other terms listed. Beware, you have now joined a regular monthly club and will be billed. Way down at the bottom of the first page of the email website is a small terms button. It is not that you will receive shipment after you pay shipping but a commitment to monthly shipments. The charges first come in to the bank account from Genix Diet then finally post to the account as slim easy. Beware it is very deceptive. I have read other complaints and had my credit card reissued to avoid further charges as some have received. This product is linked to several others who are marketed by Genix and have the same customer service number. I did get an answer but they refused to answer complaints and disconnected the call. Same thing I called them and they said the charges is in big letter after you accept the free offer. When I called them they said there is nothing they can do.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   Amy Lynn +2 Votes
I called, 1866-360-1477 They cancelled my account but you have to go to the bottom of their page and click contact, and send them a email reguarding your bill! I just got mine. Im so very mad! And I cant even use the shake!
Can they be reported for anything???
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   Chris K -2 Votes
Its quite expensive to make these products and I doubt paying 5 dollars for shipping compensates. I'm sure a lot of
Research and Development has been done and the costs of making these products reflect their prices. Its a small price
to pay if considering you'll lose the weight. Its only fair...
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   vanessanwy +2 Votes
I have experience the same dishonest product as the above. I actually was sent an misrepresentive email from Slimfast that offered this product for $4.99 plus opitional insurance for $1.00. total $5.99. I recieved a bill/reciept for this on 1/22/09 and the money was debit. Here today 2/11/09 I open my bank online email and this now GEnixdiet company which I never did business with or ever heard of is the ones that debit $88.97 out of my account. I called the bank right after opening the online statement and then called the company. the first time no answer then after 9:32a a Regal answered #103, and state "I overlooked the terms and conditions" no I did not your company is a fraud. Regal supposely have cancelled the subscription (as he called it) but if I had any more complaints I was to email: support@slimeasypro.com. Which I did already, I also filed a complaint with the bank and they will make a formal complaint and monitor if the money actually get taken out right now it is pending. We have to be forceful with the company that cheat us and be active in reviewing on bank accounts online everyday.
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   tjaew1 +2 Votes
Same experience, however, I DID read these posts during my 20 day trial period (haven't received ANY product yet). I decided to cancel right away. I eamiled my cancellation, filled out their form, and phoned 3 times. Each time, the rep assurred me they emailed the cancellation notice, which they did not. The last time, I asked the rep to stay on the line until it came to my inbox. He said he would not do that and hung up on me. I sent one more nasty-gram, and the response I received was "sorry for the inconvenience...the product is back-ordered and will ship when it becomes available". In other words..."we're going to wait until your 20-day trial is over and then you'll be billed for the $88.97." I cancelled my card, and learned a valuable lesson. I am also going to contact my local news station...they do investigative stories on scams like these...you all should contact your local stations as well!
 17th of Feb, 2009 by   Tammy Bruce 0 Votes
I am still waiting for my 14 day sample supply to come in the mail. In the meantime I have also received a package and have been charged the $88.97 for the first month supply.
I mailed them to get a RMA # to return the product and get my refund. I was told it was to late, This is what I received.
"You received a charge of $88.97 because you did not cancel your account within the allowed 20 day trial period, as stated in our terms and conditions that you are required to read before purchasing. As stated in the terms and conditions, you have 20 days from your trial order to cancel or you will be sent another fresh 30 day supply of SlimEasyPro for a total of $88.97. This is a continuity program for customers who like the product. Any customer who cancels within that 20 day period is removed from the continuity auto-shipment program and does not receive any further charges or shipments. Here is a direct link to our order page which contains the terms and conditions on the page above the Order button (http://www.slimeasypro.com/order.aspx). Please be advised that your order would not have been processed unless you agreed and accepted the terms and conditions. You were cancelled so you will not receive any more products and will not incur any further charges from us." Thank You Rick James vqsz266
Please help the consumers to stop this fraudulant ripoff.
 19th of Feb, 2009 by   rita willner +1 Votes
I was billed for the so-called free shake and bars, which I did not receive any bars and was sent chocolate instead of the chocolate-peanut butter flavor that I requested and then got another shipment of 2 chocolate shake cans after that. I want to send back the last shipment of chocolate drinks and get a credit on my account. I was charged $5.99 for the free trial and then$88.97 for another shipment. I want a refund of $88.97 and I want to send back the shipment. Please send me a reply. Thank you, Rita Willner
 25th of Feb, 2009 by    Vern Harris +1 Votes
I have been trying to get a RMA number for days. I have spoken to some one in the office he tells me to go www.slimeasypro.com/cancel no luck. I want the $88.97 back.
Vern Harris
 25th of Feb, 2009 by    Vern Harris +1 Votes
I want my money back. I feel that this is a money game. I could not get the slimeasy down, it is not good.
 25th of Feb, 2009 by    Vern Harris +1 Votes
I have sent two comments that should be enough!

Flagstar Bank Scam Artists Call