logo

Spells
www.luckymojo.com is fake
2. (25 mins ago)
MyIncomeSciences.com
People should stay far away from this type of business
3. (27 mins ago)
Poor Work by Shalom Interiors

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GEMB Store Credit Cards Complaints & Reviews - Identity theft!

GEMB Store Credit Cards Contacts & Informations

GEMB Store Credit Cards

Posted:    Greg Richardson

Identity theft!

Beware of store credit cards issued through GEMB. I had my identity stolen after I got a GEMB card through Lowes. I've also seen similar horror stories posted on other websites. The thieves have already tried to buy 2 cars in my name in addition to $8000 in charges so far. I believe that an insider at GEMB is selling info to an identity theft ring and they're using Equifax credit reports to hit existing accounts and using the valuable on these reports to open new accounts. If this happens to you, the first thing you need to do is call one of the 3 credit reporting agencies (Equifax, TransUnion or Experian) and have a fraud alert placed on your credit. If you call one of the three, the other two credit agencies will be alerted automatically. A fraud alert should stop the crooks from opening new accounts in your name. But what about existing accounts? You need to call each one individually and tell them what's going on - otherwise, the crooks will call them, claim that the card was lost or stolen and request a new card to be sent.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Aug, 2008 by   Rex Range 0 Votes
GE Money Bank (GEMB) are dishonest fucks. We have perfect credit, 800+, for life. Then GEMB failed to mail us a bill for JC Penney, months later finally sent one, marked it "past due, " and stuck it on our credit record. We disputed it and entered a comment telling creditors the truth...and now next thing you know, as retaliation for trying to right that wrong, GEMB stuck another "negative" in our credit record, this time for a Macy's card we haven't used since 2005. We are going to take action against them, regulatory or legal or both, and I urge all of you to do the same. These sleazy fucks like to hide behind a PO Box in Mason, Ohio, but here are two complete street addresses we found for them:

GE Money Bank: 5300 Kings Island Drive, Mason, OH 45040
GE Money Bank: 4246 South Riverboat Road, Suite 200, Salt Lake City, UT 84123-0000
 4th of Sep, 2008 by   Laura 0 Votes
I have the same problem. My husband opened a PC Richard credit card last October. We never received a bill and when we called about it they said they were sending one. Two months went by and nothing. We have been calling nonstop since July because we are trying to buy a house and since no bill was received by us it went into collections and ruined his perfect credit score. When we finally spoke to"customer service" they told us to send money..to where? They don't even have an account number for him. To top it off asking for a supervisor is great, but they make you wait on the phone for an hour without exaggeration. When tole they were "working on it" they gave us a number and an extension to call back in 2 days and guess what..the extension is wrong. So here I am frustrated as hell because they won't even speak to me because I am not the account holder, and my husband is still on the phone waiting for a damn supervisor. Tomorrow i will be on the phone with an attorney and I'm going to sue these bastards for pain and discomfort, not to mention the bullshit they out on our credit report.
Please let me know if you guys plan on doing anything as well..this is such a scam and I said it from the beginning..now you guys have just confirmed my theory
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   Jeff 0 Votes
I had a heck of a time trying to get in touch with GEMB to cancel my account with them. I had a store credit card with them I got at Stein Mart and I kept searching for a phone number to call them I kept getting dead ends. I finally called the Stein Mart store I got the credit card from and they give me a phone number and I finally got in touch with someone and got rid of this cursed thing. The phone number is (866) 864-2149 for anybody that needs that number. Good luck.
 21st of Sep, 2008 by   JoDee 0 Votes
I just got my credit reports and I have a $1500 credit line of some sort from GEMB/SHDS...what in the world is SHDS??? I just filed my dispute with Equifax, here's to hoping they just take it off my credit report. Now if I could just find this company and lodge my complaint...
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   Laurie 0 Votes
they messed with my JC Penney account too.

Posted approx $100 in fraudulent charges to account in January 08 and made changes to my mailing address without my consent at the same time. So I never received any statements

I only receive statements when I use the card and I had not authorized the charges so was not looking for a statement and have not used it since Nov 07 and paid it off in Dec 07. That was the last statement ever received.

They never attempted to collect the debt themselves and charged it off and sent it to a collection agency.

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission,
they violated the fair credit billing act

They also committed mail fraud when they changed my address without my knowledge or consent.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   JUDITH DENNIS 0 Votes
I TOO AM A VICTOIM OF GEMB. I RECEIVED A CARD FROM THEM THROUGH HOME SHOPPING NETWORK LAST OCTOBER. I DID NOT RECEIVE A STATEMENT FROM THEM UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER, THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER AND WAS TOLD THAT MY ACCOUNT WAS ALREADY IN AREARS. I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS WAS SO FOR I HAD NOT RECEIVED ANY STATEMENTS. WHEN I DID I IMMEDIATELY STARTED PAYING THE BILL. I DIDN''T RECEIVE ANOTHER STATEMENT UNTIL MARCH, BUT WAS TOLD BY HSN CUSTOMER SERVICES THAT I COULD PAY AND SENT THE MONEY TO THEM WHICH IS WHAT I DID. I AM NOW BEING HARASSED FOR THE PAYMENTS THAT I ALREADY MADE TO HSN, BUT TOLD THAT THE BANK DOESN'T HAVE RECORD OF THE PAYMENTS ON THEIR BOOKS AND I WOULD HAVE TO FIND OUT WHERE MY PAYMENTS WAS POSTED. THEY CLAIM THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO HARASS ME FOR PAYMENT. HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO HAVE THIS MATTER STRAIGHTEN OUT TO NO AVAIL. I EVEN WROTE THE ATTORNY GENERALS OFF AND THAT DID NOT STOP THEM.
IF ANYONE FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW, AS IT MIGHT AFFECT MY CREDIT SCORE WHICH WAS "A-ONE" AND I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. I HAVE BEEN A CREDITOR FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND NEVER ENCOINTED ANYTHING LIKE THIS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS A CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED I WOULD LIKE TO BE ENCLUDED IN IT. THANK YOU
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   julia jackson 0 Votes
I recieved a card through the, home shopping network two weeks ago and already have recieved two letters for activity in my name.What do I do now?
 28th of May, 2009 by   bewitch -1 Votes
k that doesnt even make sense none of these complaints first ge loses money when there is fraud just like any company so why would they sale info and loose money makes no sense... and as stating that a bal was transfer from a sears to jc penny well u can never transfer a bal from one card to another if they are owned by the same bank... so these are stupid please try to think befor u accuse a bank of something when it doesnt even make any comon sense... a bank does something to loose money come on people dont be stupid
 29th of May, 2009 by   Nancy 0 Votes
This comment is for bewitch. Your response doesn't make sense, in any way, shape or form. What you don't seem to be understanding is that GEMB takes your money for prior purchases and claims it was a fee and that you still owe the original amount of money - plus interest. GEMB doesn't 'lose' a dime, they just collect, and collect, and collect and the balance goes UP instead of DOWN.
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   Joan McDonald 0 Votes
Is GEMB the same as GE money tel is 1-866-330-6120
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   Teachersoldier 0 Votes
It is true JC Penny's credits system s corrupt and dishonest, I mail in my check long before bill arrives, they delay arrive to give you penalty and collect extra monies, this is common knowledge.
 30th of May, 2010 by   KATIE M. BOND 0 Votes
PLEASE TAKE OFF A CHARGE YOU HAVE ON MY CREDIT REPORT FROM A SERVICE MERCHADISE CREDIT CARD, THAT WAS TAKEN CARE OF OVER 15 YEARS AGO.
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   Manojkumar1 0 Votes
I am also having the same problem with GEMB. I did not received any credit card from GEMB but my credit report is showing at charge of $18. now this amount is reached to $200 which I never spent or used.
When I disputed it they are saying they have closed it and sent it to collection agency. I am in very bad shape now. Where to go and where to dispute.
Please help me if you can.

Cosigning a Car Loan