logo

False advertising

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GE Money Bank/GE Capital Retail Bank, New York, New York Complaints & Reviews - Banana Republic Account

GE Money Bank/GE Capital Retail Bank Contacts & Informations

GE Money Bank/GE Capital Retail Bank

Posted: 2011-10-04 by    Sanchez Wendy

Banana Republic Account

GE Money Bank/GE Capital Retail Bank
New York, New York
On December 14, 2010 I was offered a payment plan by GE Money Bank/(GE Capital Retail Bank possible name changed effective October 1, 2011). GE Money provided a written letter stating the terms of the payment plan. According to the letter GE Money Bank was supposed to deduct a monthly amount of twenty dollars ($20.00) from my bank account every month starting on December 20, 2010.

In addition, to the $20.00 deduction, GE Money Bank is also charging a monthly amount at thirty five dollars ($35.00) without proper notification and without my consent. Furthermore, this extra $35.00 charge was never mentioned verbally when the payment plan was established on December 14, 2010 nor have GE Money Bank provided any written documentation with regard to the $35.00 deduction.

On September 13, 2011 I called GE Money Bank to obtain a balance on my account. To my surprise the balance was arounde $475.58 when the original balance on December 14, 2010 was $237.90. I immediately asked the representative to explain why the balance was so high. The representative indicated that $35.oo was charged because of late fees. I challenged the representative because how could I make a late payment, if GE Money Bank was deducting $20.oo monthly from my account? Then, I asked for the manager and the manager indicated this $35.00 charge was included in the initial plan. This statement is totally incorrect. It was never notified by GE Money Bank of the $35.00 deduction.

At this point GE has charged an extra $315.00 that is, $35.00 each monht and plus taxes starting December 20, 2010. I have attempted unsuccessfully to resolve this matter. GE Money Bank is charging money without people's consent or without providing any written notice. At this jucture, I have invested a lot of time and energy with GE Money Bank without a resolution. I have requested GE Money Bank to stop the $20.00 payment monthly that have been deducted on time every month and to stop taking money out of my bank account or stop using any card provide in the past for payment due to this issue.

As a result, I have decided to sue GE Money Bank in order to obtain justice. GE Money Bank has only provided an address which located in Atlanta, GA. It has being hard to find out if they have another address within the six district in Long Island or within the five borough in New York. I would like to find out what would be the correct location to make my complaint to the court of small claims. If you can help please e-mail me at dynew007@yahoo.com.

Wendy
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Oct, 2011 by   GECapitalCares 0 Votes
I am with GE and want to assure you that we take these matters seriously and strive to work with accountholders for resolution in extenuating circumstances. For further accountholder assistance, please contact us at gecapitalcares.com
 16th of Oct, 2011 by   EmmaDelysid65 0 Votes
Cheesy and impersonal sounding, boilerplate type response they give suggests maybe this is a common issue for them? Also the one I signed up for - ALMOST - had a Utah location and I am living in San Francisco...

I was about to buy LensCrafters eye exam and glasses/contacts thru these people, since I am on a REALLY limited disability income and MediCal no longer provides any optical or eye related support now. My glasses broke yesterday, I can't see a thing, literally, due to extreme myopia since age 5 or 6 that got worse with age and now I have to lean my head against monitor just to type this...Jeepers now I will have to spend every cent I have just to pay for this because of their required annual eye exam first, and then the glasses themselves at cheapest will run me $150. I was really hoping to eat this month, thought this might help, glad I have the moxie to check out all things seeming too good to be true.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   Jeff Koryciak 0 Votes
We { my wife and i } recieved a bill from ge reguarding a purchase made in agusta ga Rooms to go { we live in fl and never been to agusta}-- We were resolved of all charges 5/ 12 yesterday i recieved another bill from ge for the same account { which we closed 5/12 } They said we made another purchase in ga for the same exact ammount-- REALLY-- FROM A CLOSED ACCOUNT?? They { GE} don't take care or protect any of their customers-- After bieng on the phone with GE, Rooms to go corparate, And the store in agusta ga-{ which said no one made a purchase- the account is closed--ALL DAY-- Still nouthing is resolved-- I don't know what to do- They all want a order # which i don't have-- I didn't make the purchase..All i have is a bill from GE for a account that i was resolved of 4 months ago...BEWARE OF GE...THEY ARE NO HELP OR CAN TELL ME HOW TO RESOLVE THE ALREADY RESOLVED ACCOUNT...I guess i have to contact the news people or a attourney.
 24th of Nov, 2012 by   Janni9 -1 Votes
Yes I have an account too with GE Capital, and I am not very pleased with them, they are charging me double late fees.
I think I also will contact the news media, their parent company is General Electric, so what does that tell you?
Plus they are charging me $24.46 for interest, plus a $29.91 for acct. securitiy. I even stried to call them, spoke to a
manager with no results.

Janet Mc Donald
 24th of Nov, 2012 by   ihategesomuch 0 Votes
This company is a monster!! They charging too much in my credit account, instead my balance gets lower, it keeps the same because of their deferred interest charge that cost around 100.00. I am jobless and I sent them a letter to explain my situation and looks like they don't care. Instead in helping you like removing the interest charge, they keep charging it. The customer service is also horrible, they are not helping you to solve your financial problem. Beware of this credit company, they have no heart when you get in to financial trouble from them.
 10th of Jul, 2014 by   Andrea Mercer 0 Votes
We ran into similar problems with them. We pay our bill every month. The bill is due on the 14th for $20. Well this month our bill said $77, so I called to find out why. Our payment for May was not processed until the $15th, hence a $20 late fee. That means a late fee equal to our monthly bill. Then for June, the payment was not processed until the 17th, so another late fee, but this time for $35. Plus interest on the late fee’s as well. We are interest free on our loan, until 2016, but they can charge a late fee for them processing the payment after the due date, and then charge interest on that late fee. Also the late fee’s were applied to the account on the actual due date. So they were charging us a late fee on the date the bill was due. Which means even if the payment had been processed on the due date, we still would have incurred a late fee for not paying the bill earlier. Well they agreed to credit back one of the late fee’s, even though both were at the fault of not processing the payment when it was paid. However, the one late fee they are crediting, we still have to pay them for and they will then apply that extra amount toward the balance. So they are forcing us to pay extra toward the balance, instead of crediting for their mistake back on the monthly bill. They said this is their practice. I did contact rooms to go directly, to let them know about how their credit line company was treating the customers. The lady I spoke with, who took the report, was not too happy about what I informed her of, and said that this is not the type of reputation that rooms to go wants reflected on them. I had even told her that after we pay this furniture off next year, we were considering getting a new bedroom suite through them; however, now I feel like if we do not have the funds to just buy it all up front, we won’t use them because I don’t want any more credit line with GE Capital due to their practices.

Consumer Alert! Nationwide Locksmith Scam!

Latest Groups