Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

GE Money Bank Amazon Store Card Contacts & Informations

GE Money Bank Amazon Store Card

Posted:

Poor Customer Service

I signed up for the Amazon.com store card when making several large purchases. I received a substantial discount and free shipping as a result. I ended up cancelling the card less than three months after signing up for it because of the horrible customer experience offered by GE.

My first payment was due on December 12 - I had to make the minimum payment to honor the no interest for 12 months offer. No problem there.

My second payment was January 12 - I screwed up and forgot to make my payment. I went online on January 16 and submitted a payment in full (I didn't want to incur any interest). I didn't realize that by default I had selected the next statement due date (February 12) as the date the payment would go through.

The very next day, I received four (!!!) missed calls from Amazon. The following day I missed two calls from Amazon before answering the third. I explained to them that I had posted a payment and they said everything would be fine.

A week went by with no calls, then all of a sudden they went nuts and started calling me at all hours of the day. They even woke me up one Sunday morning wanting to know why I haven't paid. I spoke with an extremely rude person in an offshore call center and explained to them that they need to check their systems for a scheduled payment, and that further phone calls would not be acceptable.

After receiving between 15-20 phone calls and at least two emails, I logged in to the Amazon.com storecard website and modified my payment date to February 2 in the hopes that Amazon/GE would get off my back. Again, the full amount owed was to be paid.

On February 4 I start receiving calls every two hours on my work phone. On February 5 the calls continued. I logged in to the credit card website and noticed that even though I had received email notifcation about my payment going through on February 2, nothing had happened. I ended up deleting the pending payment and created a new payment to pay off the account in full and made sure to set the payoff date to today (February 5)

Not two hours later, I received yet another call. I spoke with another incompetent and rude offshore call center rep. I told them that I was through with their poor customer service and that I wanted to close my account. She wouldn't listen and kept insisting that I pay $30 to bring my account up to date. After making her check my account, she realized that the account would be paid off in entirety and she attempted to end the call. I asked her at least three times to cancel the account, each time she pretended not to hear me and said something along the lines of "ok you're account is up to date, thank you for your business". I kept insisting though and she finally got it. There were several weird moments of silence. I'm pretty sure the rep was getting someone else to listen in on the conversation.

I immediately wrote a letter to GE money bank after my experience to let them know why I left. I have never in my life been treated so poorly by a company. Buyer beware: whatever Amazon may offer you, it's not worth it. I love Amazon and I will continue to shop there, but I'll stick with my own credit cards from now on. Never again will I purchase another GE product or service, though.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
after I posted my complaint tonight, i called a different GE Money person at 1-866-634-8379. during our call - she connected with the collections department, then came back on the line and told me not to expect any more collections calls. she furthermore refunded my late fee - she didn't have to that, but that was pure gravy. she said that the adjustments would show on my next statement. she sounded rally nice and professional. give it a try.

i got the info from (https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/search.do?searchCriteria=top#Contact_Us)

Contact Us