GE front load washer

ripped door gasket

General Electric
I have a GE front load washer model # GBVH5140HWW that I purchased 3.5 years ago. I have had to replace the rubber ring around the door 3 times and now it has a rip again. I have had nothing but problems with this washer and would not recommend anyone buy any product from GE. When will enough be enough. I have a family of 8 and need a reliable washer, but this thing is junk.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Canada Complaint category Washing Machines
Was the above complaint useful?
More GE front load washer Complaints & Reviews
GE front load washer - broken gasket [2]
GE front load washer - Fire [1]

3rd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
There's nothing like my good old top load GE washer ; That's over 20 years old & that i have had for the past 12 years and it's still washing clothes just fine.
Sorry your having so many problems with your machine, One other thing that you should know ; In about 2 years some companies will no longer make top load washer.
 15th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same thing here - I think it's designed to rip since it's a$150 part for an $800 machine
 17th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
The same thing just happened to my washer and its not even 2 years old!!! Cost me alot of time and money!!! Is there anything we can do about this problem. Seems to be happening to alot of people. Some even several times.
 25th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
The best thing to do is; before you buy a machine is to check out all the reviews that you can, research then research again. unfortunately a lot of companies lack integrity and just want to keep their hands in our pockets.

Contact Us