logo

ripped door gasket

General Electric
Ontario
Canada
I have a GE front load washer model # GBVH5140HWW that I purchased 3.5 years ago. I have had to replace the rubber ring around the door 3 times and now it has a rip again. I have had nothing but problems with this washer and would not recommend anyone buy any product from GE. When will enough be enough. I have a family of 8 and need a reliable washer, but this thing is junk.
Comments Canada Washing Machines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2010 by   mikeruth12@aol.com 0 Votes
There's nothing like my good old top load GE washer ; That's over 20 years old & that i have had for the past 12 years and it's still washing clothes just fine.
Sorry your having so many problems with your machine, One other thing that you should know ; In about 2 years some companies will no longer make top load washer.
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   Washerlady 0 Votes
Same thing here - I think it's designed to rip since it's a$150 part for an $800 machine
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   gasket trouble 0 Votes
The same thing just happened to my washer and its not even 2 years old!!! Cost me alot of time and money!!! Is there anything we can do about this problem. Seems to be happening to alot of people. Some even several times.
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   mikeruth12@aol.com 0 Votes
The best thing to do is; before you buy a machine is to check out all the reviews that you can, research then research again. unfortunately a lot of companies lack integrity and just want to keep their hands in our pockets.

Health Care Reform is Unconstitutional