GE front load washer

ripped door gasket

General Electric
Ontario
Canada
I have a GE front load washer model # GBVH5140HWW that I purchased 3.5 years ago. I have had to replace the rubber ring around the door 3 times and now it has a rip again. I have had nothing but problems with this washer and would not recommend anyone buy any product from GE. When will enough be enough. I have a family of 8 and need a reliable washer, but this thing is junk.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Washing Machines
More GE front load washer Complaints & Reviews
GE front load washer - broken gasket [2]
GE front load washer - Fire [1]

Comments

A  3rd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
There's nothing like my good old top load GE washer ; That's over 20 years old & that i have had for the past 12 years and it's still washing clothes just fine.
Sorry your having so many problems with your machine, One other thing that you should know ; In about 2 years some companies will no longer make top load washer.
A  15th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same thing here - I think it's designed to rip since it's a$150 part for an $800 machine
N  17th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
The same thing just happened to my washer and its not even 2 years old!!! Cost me alot of time and money!!! Is there anything we can do about this problem. Seems to be happening to alot of people. Some even several times.
N  25th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
The best thing to do is; before you buy a machine is to check out all the reviews that you can, research then research again. unfortunately a lot of companies lack integrity and just want to keep their hands in our pockets.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree