logo

GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews - We will never purchase GE again

GE Appliances Contacts & Informations

GE Appliances

Posted:    Valerie

We will never purchase GE again

GE Appliances
www.geappliances.com
We have a GE Profile range, the stovetop cracked and is continuing to crack when the burners are used. We did not do anything to make this initial crack happen other than normal use of the stove. We tried to get the part replaced and GE said it has been discontinued and there is nothing they can do. We feel GE should do something to remedy the problem since we cannot safely use the range now. We will never purchase GE again if they do not help with this problem, can they replace with a new range or at least partial cost of a new range.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2010 by   Nimeshpatel 0 Votes
GE appliances are not good any more
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   Nimeshpatel 0 Votes
We bought GE Profile Refrigerator and GE Profile Dishwasher about 3 months ago and both of them are not working properly

GE Profile Refrigerator compressor make huge tremendous noise and GE dined to replace the compressor since it will bring more issue to a unit and GE Profile Dishwasher does not clean dishes and also smart dispenser on dishwasher does not function properly. We will never buy GE appliance again. GE profile appliances are expensive and they do not work proper and GE has the worst customer service where they do not care about customers after they sell their junk appliances
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   nazrene 0 Votes
I truly believe what Nimesh patel feels about GE, I too have the same problem and frustration with GE, in fact my other GE appliances too have some problem or the other with the plastic parts just falling apart or cracking. Terrible, will never buy a GE ever in my life. WORST DO NOT BUY!
Naveen
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   CindaRella 0 Votes
We built a new home about 2 years ago, and installed stainless steel GE appliances We thought they had exceptional quality and service and was confident in our choice. We were wrong.

Within 4 months after installation, the number 9 on the black control panel of our built in oven bubbled up. A technician came out and looked at it, ordered the black control panel, and returned to install it. Repeat that same experience 4 times, (8 visits)always the 9 bubbling up. With only a year warranty, and it continuing to happen, GE did extend our warranty six more months, which ran out 12/5/2010, and it has happened again, of course, but with it not being repaired now, the number 4 above it it now bubbling up.

When calling the service department and at times being very frustrated because I wanted a “permanent fix” to this problem, a couple options were suggested by the assistant on the phone. There was a recall on the almond and white build-in ovens, I could have a white or almond control panel installed on my stainless steel appliance. Live with it, it doesn’t affect the operation of the unit. When the warranty runs out, I will just pay for the replacement panel my self, or the best one, “ You can always buy a new oven.”

Yes, I realize it doesn’t affect the operation of the appliance, however the look is not attractive, and the few times I use the 9, it feels as if it will crack if I push it. A couple of the service technicians thought it may have to do with the latch inside the oven since the 9 is directly above that and I think one even replace a part, however, it is bubbled again. The 9 is not a commonly used number in baking, and we have never used the self cleaning option.

After much frustration, and the same problem being fixed four times in 18 month, I took the extreme action of writing to Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of GE. I received no response (no surprise) from him or any of his people.
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   CindaRella 0 Votes
fRUSTRATION
 30th of Nov, 2012 by   Bead nut 0 Votes
I had GE Monogram appliances in my home from 1990-2003. The refrig. Was great, the wall ovens were so bad I finally pulled them out. In this home I moved to in 06 there was a GE monogram wall oven, GE Advantium, and warming oven. Also, a GE Monogram refrig. that I added to match. The oven is a nightmare. Nothing cooks properly in it, just like the old ones I had. The refrig. is nothing like the old one. It produces tons of mold from the rear center vent system. Must be thoroughly emptied and cleaned weekly to control it. My daughter recently asked me what to get for her kitchen remodel, my response, "anything but GE."

Buying a Car? Beware of the Tires