logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (2 mins ago)
Lin Poh Loan Firm
Loan Service Offer, Apply Now And Get Approved.
2. (11 mins ago)
Ramsond Corporation / Split AV
Stay away from them
3. (13 mins ago)
Skywards
Cheat you of your collected air miles
4. (19 mins ago)
Company charges for nothing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GC Services Complaints & Reviews - Evil institution!

GC Services Contacts & Informations

GC Services

Posted:    Jennifer Williams

Evil institution!

My boyfriend contacted Colusa County, California, in early March in yet another attempt to make payment arrangements for a traffic fine. Beginning shortly thereafter, a representative from GC Services began her neurotic harassment. She first blatantly LIED to his daughter, 12 years old, to find out the name and location of his employer. With that information, she began contacting him at work, at home and on his cell phone on a daily basis, often multiple times, with threats to garnish his wages, take his property or impose further fines. The unbelievable part is that we've reached the point that we wish they WOULD garnish his wages so that we can begin paying the bill!!! I finally lost my temper and called her myself the other day. After getting my boyfriend's permission to discuss the case, she put me on hold for 14 minutes; when she returned, I requested a copy of the balance due in writing so that I could process payment (we still have NEVER received anything in writing). She indicated that she was not required to give me anything in writing and could provide the information verbally; she then put me on hold for 7 more minutes; upon her return I requested, again, something in writing so that I could issue payment in full... she told me that I could just give her a post-dated check by phone; she then put me on hold for 22 minutes. I had reached the end of my patience, so I called her back on my other line. As I suspected, she picked up on the second ring. I told her that I would make arrangements within three days and to cease and desist from calling me... I then hung up and haven't heard from her again.

The worst part of this is that it is typically our own government institutions that have chosen to use these kinds of unscrupulous collection agencies on their own citizens. I will not issue payment over the phone to this delusional human. I will issue a certified check from my bank AFTER I have verified that the balance given verbally is accurate.

These are EVIL institutions... please educate yourselves about how to protect your family.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2007 by   John Smith 0 Votes
Don't forget, the reason that these government agencies sub-contract collection agencies is because the person that they thought was going to pay them back never did. The sad truth is that most collectors are out there to provide their client(the people that YOU owe money to) the best service possible. It is YOU who owe the money & the creditor obviously got sick of trying to get you to pay your bill so they employed the services of a collection agency. It's quite a simple philosophy, pay your bill on time & it never goes to a collection agency... SIMPLY AMAZING!
 24th of Aug, 2007 by   Taylor Smith 0 Votes
Tell me John, if nobody ever delayed paying their bills... wouldn't that put you out of work? Something to think about in your arrogant daydream.
 13th of Dec, 2007 by   cyndi seidler 0 Votes
GC Services are crooks. An unpaid traffic ticket went into collection with them and they wanted $991 on a court fine that was $150. They said that paying the ticket to them was the only recourse to lift the license suspension. It wasn't, so I discovered. All I had to do was contact the court, make an appt to see the judge and get the suspension lifted until the hearing. I ended up paying $150 to the court. GC Services marked up 900% on collecting that ticket! They are crooks! And they tried the same thing with a girlfriend telling her she had to pay them $1100 but she went to the court and only had to pay $110.

New Housing Program Targets Fraud?

Latest Groups