logo

FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GC Services Complaints & Reviews - Harassment!

GC Services Contacts & Informations

GC Services

Posted:    Margaret Bennett

Harassment!

GC Services
I just received a call from GC Services. The woman asked me go to a neighbors house to leave their (GC's) telephone number on my neighbor's door. I don't even know the neighbor, and they want me to go knocking on their door. At first, I thought it was a friend or family member trying to get in touch, until they gave me the telephone number and it was an 800 number. So, I asked who they were and she replied "GC Services". I looked up GC Services on the internet and saw it was a collection service. I've never heard of such a thing. Isn't that harassment? I'm not going to even approach my neighbor. I saw this complaint board on the internet and decided to enter this incident.
Comments United States Unsolicited Phone Calls
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of May, 2007 by   ZD 0 Votes
Something similar happened to me:

They called me looking for my ex (her number is unlisted, mine isn't), and I don't have her phone number, only her email address. They said they can't email people (it's their policy) but he wanted me to give her their number. They wouldn't tell me what it was about (they claimed privacy reasons) but I declined given that I'm not on good terms with my ex. I only found out after Googling "GC Services" what they do, and If I'd known it was for debt collection then I would've helped. But yeah, that's weird that they want other people to help them get in touch with their customer, and yet they can't email and can't tell you what it's about.
 15th of May, 2007 by   Jocasta Jansen 0 Votes
Opt out of unsolicited mail, calls and cookies

The New York Times rounds up ways to opt out of solicitations online, from junk snail mail, to telemarketing calls, to Doubleclick web site ad cookies.

Here's a quick list of each type of opt-out:

* Phone solicitations: donotcall.gov
* Junk snail mail: Direct Marketing Association
* Email: "Whatever you do, do not respond to an unsolicited e-mail message when it gives you the option to opt out of receiving more e-mail. That is a trick used by spammers to confirm they hit a live address."

* Credit card offers: OptOutPrescreen.com
* Doubleclick ad cookies: Ad Cookie Opt-out
* Lexis Nexis public database: Opt Out of Lexis Nexis

Lastly, the Center for Democracy and Technology offers printable forms for companies that don't have online opt-outs available. — Gina Trapani
Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be. [NYT]
read more:

* Junk mail
* Opt out
* Privacy
* Telemarketers

Mail2Friend Permalink icon Digg icon

Comments

Can anyone confirm this? It has always seemed like an urban legend to me. Why would the spamers care. They have a list of millions of email addresses and the cost of sending that email is virtually free (or literally free in the case of spambot networks). The effort of setting up and tracking life feeds seems like a waste of energy.

Besides, illegitimate email addresses will bounce anyway.

And for cookies, better off manually blocking them. There are other ad trackers than doubleclick, and I don't really trust those guys anyway.
01/22/07 11:45 AM
No commenter image uploaded rainrunner87 says:

Never have and never will trust the Doubleclick folk. And once you're in a database anywhere, you're in 'em all in a month. Opting out of one doesn't really do much.
01/22/07 11:53 AM

I'd swear that as soon as you sign up to donotcall.gov, the telemarketers start calling. I had never gotten spam calls until I signed up for that thing. Perhaps there's some kind of loophole that companies use, so that they monitor who goes on the list, and call within a legal window or something, I don't know.

The calls have since stopped, but for a few weeks after I signed up, I got telemarketing calls. I've never gotten them before (or since) on that number.

Anybody else have this experience?
01/22/07 11:55 AM
No commenter image uploaded jcraveiro says:

Logic becomes fuzzy when (supposedly)anti-spam laws -- at least in Europe -- mandate that commercial e-mail messages include an opt-out possibility. ;)
01/22/07 12:08 PM

Even if you are on the Do Not Call list, companies that you are currently a customer of can call you all they want.

As far as using unsubscribe links, if it's a reputable company that I know or have done business with, then I use the unsubscribe link. If it's a company that I'm sure if just trying to harvest addresses, I delete it.

Another thing I've done to minimize junk postal mail is to opt-out of all pre-approved credit card offers. Not only does it reduce the mail I get, but I feel like it lessons the chance that someone will get their hands on mail that could help them steal my identity.
01/22/07 12:13 PM

donotcall seems to have worked, so far, keeping fingers crossed, for me.

I've opted out of everything I can opt out of. But I still get THOSE GODDAMN LOOSE AD FLIERS IN MY MAIL. The PO had the bald nerve to tell me to go to DMA about that. Bullshit. They explicitly state that they have nothing to do with mail to "Resident." The PO makes too much (all?) their money on that crap, so they don't respect "Flyers Refused" signs on my mailbox. According to the PO's own regs, I have the right to refuse, but short of taking the bastards to the Supreme Court (for all the good that would do with the current crop of clowns in there), I have no idea what to do next.

How about starting a movement where we all insist to have our mail delivered to us, personally, by ringing the doorbell, so we can refuse it? Maybe when the PO needed to hire an army of extra carriers they'd get the message. (Not.)

Suggestions, canny Lifehackers?
01/22/07 12:17 PM

@quixote:
Recycle.

If it's "resident" stuff, it doesn't have anything anyone could use for ID theft.

Sure, I'd like it to stop too, but it's not worth a brain hemorrhage. If getting an envelope marked "Resident" throws you into a fit, I'd hate to see what happens when you burn your toast.
01/22/07 12:23 PM

While it doesn't really accomplish anything, I like to get my revenge at anyone who sends a postage paid return envelope by either mailing the envelope back empty, or shredding the original letter and mailing the shreds. The recipient pays for each letter received, so i'm doing my part to make it less profitable for them to send junk mail. But then again, i'm a jerk. So use this info as you will.
01/22/07 12:29 PM
No commenter image uploaded zenithone says:

In the UK, you can use the telephone preference service or the mail preference service to achieve the same results for phone and mail.
01/22/07 12:59 PM

@quixote: If they are ValPak, ValPak has an unsubscribe list somewhere on their site that you can opt out from.

As far as those paper flyers, I think there are forms that you can fill out at the post office to cut those out...if not the Direct Marketing Association opt out (which costs 1$, either online, or postal mailing them the request...) might do it.
01/22/07 01:08 PM
No commenter image uploaded SandPine says:

Try www.junkbusters.com

Print the letters, sign them, and mail them. It has worked for me during our last three moves.
01/22/07 01:12 PM

Sure everyone over here in the UK knows this but:

Mailing preference services to opt out of junk (snail) mail, but also has links to the telephone and fax preferences.

You can also ask the royal mail not to deliver unaddressed junk mail by going to:

Again these are UK only (but your original links were US only, so I thought it would add some balance)
01/22/07 01:40 PM

Has anyone else noticed that to get of LexisNexis you need to have either a letter from a supervisor stating that you are a law enforcement officer and that position exposes you to bodily harm, a police report stating you are a victim of identity theft, or a protective court order stating you are at risk of physical harm.

Seems like they won't be to eager to remove your name.
01/22/07 02:02 PM

For those worried about SSN access, you can also put a freeze on access to your SSN. This will require that any organization who does anything to affect your credit (new credit card, new loan, extend credit, etc) will have to authorize the transaction with you. However, this will also delay approval for legitimate loans, credit applications and the like. The cost is $10 to each of the three main credit agencies (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) unless you can provide proof of identity theft (police report), then it's free.

You can obtain the letters here. This site is for Wisconsin, but a simple search for "security freeze your state" should yield a similar result.
01/22/07 02:18 PM
No commenter image uploaded himanshu says:

For unsolicited phone calls, my wife came up with a pretty silly idea, but it works all the time. As soon as she learns that its one of those calls, she simply says, "Sorry, mummy's not at home, and I am not allowed to talk to strangers" in an innocent childish voice. Gets rid of them right away, without wasting too much time.
01/22/07 05:29 PM

That is a trick used by spammers to confirm they hit a live address.

"Can anyone confirm this? It has always seemed like an urban legend to me."

I can't say I've actually asked a spammer about this, but I do know that SPAM messages often contain unique image links so that the spammer can identify which recipients open the mail (this is the reason why Google makes you click "view images..." in emails).

"Why would the spamers care."

Some SPAM is an attempt to build lists of legit email addresses for resale.

"Besides, illegitimate email addresses will bounce anyway."

That assumes that the sender information is legit which is not often the case.
01/22/07 06:27 PM

Ironically, you should send a note to the New York Times. Every major newspaper has a Direct Mail operation for subscriber acquisition and for advertisers to compliment their newspaper advertisers. I know - I used to do implement their Direct Mail programs. Not all newspapers subscribe to the DMA's Do Not Mail list... it's voluntary.
01/22/07 10:20 PM

I have worked for a company that sold mortgage leads and I can say that legit companies in the US take both the DoNotCall and the Opt Out email links very seriously. There are very serious fines and laws broken if you are caught not following them.

The problem comes into play when you have done business with their partners all bets are off. Also foreign companies don't play by the rules.

Another fun tidbit that I never realized, companies actually have to pay big money annually to get access to the DoNotCall list in order to just comply with the law. I always assumed the list was free to legit marketers.
01/22/07 11:03 PM
No commenter image uploaded proudmom41 says:

rd, I read your comment on the opt out. I don't know what state you are in, but in Indiana anyone, business or personal has total access to the opt out lists for the entire state for free. They just have to go the attorney General's website and then they can download or print out whatever part of the state that they want. Now if they don't want to do it that way they CAN pay $ 750.00 for a completed list of the whole state, which I don't feel is expensive at all for any business and it will stop them from very expensive costs of not using the list if they get taken to court by someone on the list. Also anyone can go on the site and check to make sure their name IS or ISN'T on the list anytime they want.

Jocasta
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by   Julia Rose -1 Votes
While I can understand how strange it is to have some random person call and ask to leave a number on a neighbors door, this practice is perfectly legal as long as they don"t disclose the reason for the call. The fact that the person ID the company means they followed the law to the letter. They never disclosed to you the nature of the call and that is exactly what they should do. In this day and age with caller id it is harder for someone to get in touch with someone who doesn't want to pay whatever debt it was they owed. Plus if it were you they were attempting to reach you wouldn't want them giving out personnel financial information to your neighbors. The only way you knew what business they had with your neighbor is because you were intrigued enough to take the time and look them up on the internet. It is a shame you couldn't have helped out a person trying to do there jobs within the bounds of the law.
 27th of Jul, 2007 by   Undisclosed 0 Votes
Listen,

Let me clear up all the garbage on this discussion board coming from a GC employee. First of all, I didn't read everything so I'll only reply for a couple things to get everyone back on the same page.

First of all any of your so-called "do-not-call" lists don't apply to collection agencies because these very "do-not-call" lists are to stop sales and solicitation attempts, telemarketing attempts and other similar phone calls. Collection calls are quite the opposite. We're not trying to sell you anything and wouldn't want to anyway because we know what happens when people sell you stuff... you don't pay your dues... that's why you are in a collection office in the first place. So let's throw out all the "do-not-call" list stuff.

Secondly. going to the neighbors... "a nearby" so called within the office, is often simply a last-ditch effort to contact the debtor because of one of several reasons. 1) The phone number provided by the person is no longer in service (especially frequent when they are in collections after holding a credit card for several years and the number is just an old number) 2) No answer after repeated messages left. The collector at this time will attempt a different method to confirm that the number is the correct number because some people will not return a phone call if it is simply a wrong number. So, we ask the neighbors... "Hey, do you know Jane and John Doe next door at 125 Main Street? Can you please get them an important message for me because I'm having trouble getting in contact with them?" This is for their benefit! If we don't contact them and no voluntary payment arrangements are made they will most likely be sued!! Help your neighbors!

Third. Of course we are going to call ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends and aunts and uncles and moms and dads and friends and sisters. The computer system we use allows us to put in the debtors SSN and find their address, last known number, family relatives, associates and nearby. These are the people physically closest to and with the most influence with, the debtor. Us, from our call center in 1 location will never be able to get John and Jane Doe on the phone without first poking at their curiosity or outright annoying them, or unfortunately, after friends and family pressure them into calling! They bring this upon themselves! First, if they would pay their bill there would be no collection calls in the first place but secondly, if they would answer the collection call and not tuck tail and hide then we can make arrangements and everything will be much more cordial! If they do choose to tuck tail and hide then we must find an alternate method to contact them, which means going to those who know the debtor because they will tell them to call! Wouldn't you call back (finally) if your mom, aunt, second cousin and neighbor gave you a message to call Tom Collector at 800-229-5400? (made up number)? If not, what about if they told you two or three times? Eventually, you'll call back out of frustration and then the arrangements can be made! Don't forget these people signed a contract, have gone 90 plus days in default of that contract, avoided the direct attempts by their creditor to make arrangements with them and then finally had their account put into collections. They are no such innocent victims! I saw the word harassment thrown around a couple times... harassment? What if you lent out someone $20,000 to be used to help start their business and then they stop paying you back? AND THEN... you find out that most of the money was used at places like blockbuster and ruby tuesday... business expenses? So not only have they failed to repay per the terms of the contract, they misused the money! Of course, this specific example applies only to business cards but the general idea behind it can be used for all collection accounts! Enough said... remember.. pay your bill and you won't have to worry about any of this in the first place! It's that simple... and if something happens in your life dramatic which prevents you from doing so... stay in touch!!! Tell your creditor what is happening! Don't just go into hiding... what do you expect them to think?? What would you think? Exactly.
 30th of Jul, 2007 by   Mark -1 Votes
"THey are no such innocent victims! I saw the word harassment thrown around a couple times... harassment?"

I have people who owe ME thousands of dollars that haven't paid me back. I don't whine about it. I just won't loan them any more money. That's how credit USED TO work. If someone borrowed money (like, say, ran up a bar tab), they can't borrow any more money until they pay it off! When you loan someone money, you are MAKING A GAMBLE that you'll get it back with interest. Don't cry because someone else doesn't want to play your game.

Think about it this way, while you are HARASSING people on the phone, the statute of limitations is wearing out. After THAT happens, then you can NO LONGER sue to acquire a judgement for MOST debts.
 7th of Aug, 2007 by   Kristin +1 Votes
Whatever the reasons may be for finding someone through the GC Services, that is not my issue. My issue is that I was found as an unlisted number and they won't tell me how they found me and connected me to another person. That is what is wrong!
 10th of Aug, 2007 by   Average Joe +1 Votes
GC Services has told me that they will not stop calling until I identify myself. Only they're not trying to get in touch with me, they're trying to find the guy I bought my house from (10 years ago). I explained that all to them and they still told me I needed to identify myself to get them to stop calling (7 days a week, any hour from 7:45am until 10pm). I then asked to speak to the supervisor, what the name of the organization was and what their phone number was. They gave me the GC Services but refused to tell me anything else. When I threatened to call the Attorney General they immediately hung up and I haven't heard from them in about a week.

Average Joe.
 14th of Aug, 2007 by   Debt free Deb +1 Votes
I believe to be a good American citizen. I am responsible and do understand people can fall into difficult and tragic events. I, however, do not have any credit card debt and when I do use them... I pay them timely. I would like to post my complaint that debtors know who they are and they know their creditors are trying to contact them... Why do you think they are not answering their phones? It is not my responsibility to answer debt collection calls for my relatives who have never had my address or phone number as their own. I am not an answering service. I have received three calls now... they insist that my phone number is listed in an internet phone book with my relatives address. They even act like my spouse and I are lying and pretending not to be them. When asked if they would remove our number, after we gave them the our relatives phone number which they already had they responded they would not do so. I will not pass along any messages when they have an active phone number. At first, I thought I would be nice...one lady even told me she didn't appreciate my spouse yelling at her...what does she expect... we don't owe anything... why should we be an answering service for someone else when we pay for our own phone number? The tactics of this company are not getting them anywhere. GC services... stop harassing the bill payers and pay a visit to the debtors instead of taking up my time!!!
 1st of Sep, 2007 by   Chris Marandola 0 Votes
I stopped answering the phone from GC Services because they don't stop. I am tired of repeating myself. They called my neighbor to have them get a hold of me, but when I called them to complain, no one was there. Maybe I should call their neighbors.
 14th of Sep, 2007 by   Standing Bear 0 Votes
Just received a call from GC about a debt for my ex wife. Told them we had been divorced for 16 years and was promptly called a liar. I asked why they were calling me and was told that since w are married the debt is both of ours to pay. After my laughter subsided, I asked if they have her phone number. They confirmed they did, but 'we' must be ignoring it when it rings, so logically they call my phone. I asked the less-than-brilliant lady if she understood area codes. She said she did, so I asked if she bothered to see that our area codes are two states away from each other. I was told it didn't matter because they had 'witnesses' that told them we were living together and we were 'hiding' from creditors. Again, fter the laughter subsided and she asked me "What the f**k is so f*****g funny?" I told her that if I was hiding I was doing a lousy job, what with being on several motorcycle shows on TV in the last three weeks! She then really lost it and said we were complete a**holes and would never be able to get a loan again. She was sending someone down to 'take care of us' in the next hour if I didn't pony up the cash. I just laughed harder and let her know I had recorded the entire conversation and it will be played to my attorney tomorrow. She said something in garbled swear and hung up. I think I may have made her mad. Funny.
 18th of Sep, 2007 by   Caren Bronson 0 Votes
I have had it with these scum bags. Like others, I don't even owe the debt and these people are calling my neighbors like I'm not paying my bills. They are calling me and insulting ME telling ME to contact this person. Excuse me but what about a persons right to privacy. They don't have a right to broadcast to everyone that this person isn't paying their bills and harrassing them just for being a neighbor!

Someone needs to put this company out of business. If I get one more call from them I'm getting a lawyer and if I find out that what they are doing is against the law I'll come here and make sure everyone knows about it and does something to stop it.
 5th of Oct, 2007 by   Jean Griffin 0 Votes
I recieved a phone call just like this one however I do know my neighbor. Not well but we do chat at the mailbox on occation. I do not like being dragged into this situation and I'm not sure if I should even give the message to the neighbor. I'm on the national "Do Not Call" list. Does their phone call violate that?
 12th of Oct, 2007 by   angry_at_expressfitness 0 Votes
GC SERVICES harassed my phone line for weeks and weeks trying to get me to pay a ticket i thought was already taken care of. After fighting and fighting for hours I agreed to pay, as long as i got a COURT hearing. I got the Court hearing, i was ruled innocent and I have now waited for MY REFUND FOR OVER 2 MONTHS!!! I should call them for days and days hours and hours trying to get my money back! TIME TO RETURN THE FAVOR!

A$$H**ES!!!
 24th of Oct, 2007 by   Rebecca Gomez 0 Votes
GC Services thinks they can break the FDCPA and get away with it. They are currently harassing my grandma and now her neighbors. This is a 77 year woman who paid the minimum for years and finally just could not make it after my grandfather died. GC Services did not like the fact they she stopped answering her home phone, so they called her neighbor and flat out lied. GC Services employee by the name of Josiah, called her neighbor and asked if her could give my grandma a message. He claimed he knew my grandmother personally and went to the local high school. My grandmother does not know this guy, it was a false representation tactic to get my grandmother to call-in. When I called in to receive the fax number and address, I was asked why I did not help my grandmother out and pay her bill? The manager of Josiah also stated a woman my grandmother's age should know better and pay her bills. Trust me, if my grandmother had the money she would, but since her husband died it has been hard, I am sure lot of people know exactly what I am talking about.
Point is, this company breaks laws left and right, and what the best thing to do is file a complaint with the Attorney General, and if warranted, file suit against them. You can file with the Attorney General online in most states and the FDCPA laws can be found online. Don't let them get you.
 25th of Oct, 2007 by   Unidentified EX-employee 0 Votes
I left my name unidentified because I used to work for this company and know exactly the kinds of things that they do. They wanted me to lie to debtors and tell them that they were not allowed to see a judge. EVERYONE who has an outstanding ticket has the RIGHT to see a judge. It is against the law to state otherwise. I was told not to let anyone see the judge. I also know that employees at the main office would call people lying about who they were. They told one 12 year old girl that they were CPS and would have her mom arrested and have her put into foster care if her mom did not call the number. They would also threaten to deport people with Hispanic names, even if they were born in this country. That is because they don't know who was born here or not. They told a friend of mine that he was not allowed to see the judge to fight his case, and if he tried to go to court, he would be arrested as soon as he walked in the building. This company used to work for the court system in our area. They don't work there anymore because the county got so many complaints. I still will never know why the county didn't file something on them. I guess they just didn't have proof of anything. I left this company more than 10 years ago and still am ashamed to say that I worked there!!
 16th of Nov, 2007 by   Unidentified Ex-employee 0 Votes
I used to work for GC Services on the collection side, but I was not a collector. I did, however, get a really good chance to listen to phone calls on various sides and see the good, bad and the ugly of collections. Here are the things I've noticed:

1.) Roles need to be properly identified to make a justifiable argument:
* GC Services are simply collectors trying to collect an existing debt made with a third party.
* The customer who created the debt is responsible to pay it back, whether they like it or not and GC has the legal right to assist in the collection of that debt.
* The creditor is already losing money by paying GC for its services, so nobody wins. The creditor losed money, the debtor get harassed and credit slams, and the collector gets the bad rap.

2.) Nobody is innocent:
* The creditors can make sneaky credit terms that trick people and put good people in a bad way.
* The debtors are typically dead beats who have not one, but multiple creditors after them - -these people are also incredibly rude and mean-spirited. I swa one person who used an air-horn over the phone and blew the ear drum out on the collector's ear. Nobody deserves that. Needless to say the debtor went to jail for assault.
* The collectors are sometimes lie and arae incredible rude, but justifiable so most of the time since debtors go out fo their way to avoid creditors. I have seen people take calls and when told that the person does not live there they hang up, announce that they were lying, and set them to be called right back.

3.) Not everyone is bad:
* Not everyone at GC Services is a jerk, most of the people I here complaints about are third-party skip tracers who are trying to find people that have avoided collectors for over six months and would like to get these people to take responsibility to their debts.
* Not every debtor is a thief trying to get one over on the system. Sometimes people make actual mistakes and sometimes people do not fully understand the terms because the retail stores lie to them.
* Not every company makes sneaky terms. Sometimes people will get a loan for a vehicle, then hide the vehicle and stop making payments so they don't pay and don't get their vehicle taken away.

I find that people who understand what the situation is can take a more understanding approach on all sides. I know that phone companies will sometimes give away a number recently released into the system meaning that when a person is 90-180 days past due and starts getting collector calls, someone else just recently got the number. I know that there are evil people who do unethical things, and they need to be dealt with quite severely. I also know that there are good people who are willing to work with you.

Knowledge is power. Use it wisely. Quit acting like idiots.
 3rd of Dec, 2007 by   JB 0 Votes
I think gc services is a horrible company to deal with.
 6th of Dec, 2007 by   Jeff McBride 0 Votes
Just so anyone who browses here knows, if you have a debt with a company (including gc services) you can send them a REGISTERED "cease and desist" letter. Per the FDCPA http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm (section 805(c))

Once you inform a collection agency or other debt collection agency in writing that you wish for them to no longer have any communication with you, by law they must stop. What they can do, though, is contact you in regards to the status of your debt( I.E. inform you that they are writing off the debt, letting you know they are transferring the debt to another company, etc...) It does not absolve the debt, but it does stop them from trying to contact you.
 8th of Dec, 2007 by   LNala 0 Votes
We owe a credit card company, no doubt, we're several months behind. We know this. GC Services has called a few times to our home, didn't leave a message. My parents, out of state called to say they received 2 calls from GC Services, looking for me. I haven't lived with them for 15 years.

The first time GC called my folks, they asked if they wanted to be removed from their call list. My parents said YES. They called them again, but wouldn't give my parents their phone #. My parents wouldn't give them our phone number, why should they, they don't know who these people are!

I called GC services (took the # off caller ID) and asked them why they wouldn't just leave me a message rather than call my folks.

It would make sense to leave me a message, then get someone a couple thousand miles away involved. I told them the truth, I can't afford my credit cards right now, they'll get their money when I can afford it... heat, food and gas is just a bit more important.

The person on the other line was sincere, not defensive or threatening. I am glad for that.
 15th of Dec, 2007 by   Jen Jones 0 Votes
I have worked in collections for a few years, and although this may seem to be harassment, it is completely legal to call a neighbor or relative in an attempt to get in contact with a person who owes a debt. Additionally, because of 3rd Party disclosure, the debt collector has to give you a generic response like, "this is a personal business matter," etc. Legally they can't disclose the reason for the call, nor would your neighbor really want you to know, as it is embarrassing to fall behind on bills. The best thing you can do, is offer any assistance possible in giving them a contact number. There's a difference in having a true financial hardship, and opting not to pay a bill. A good collection agency can tell the difference and try to work with all types of situations. Avoiding a debt will not make it go away.

Fraud Seeks Personal Information In Exchange For Tax Rebate