logo

Posted:    Garden Ridge-ripoff

Weekly Ad mistake

Fort Worth, Texas
gardenridge.com
Garden Ridge posted their weekley ad and I very excited to see "Sunday only $99 for a 7 1/2 foot prelit tree-style Arizona or Rhode Island normally $299!" I gave my Christmas tree to my son and arrived at the store 8 a.m. Sunday morning to get that tree! I was one of the first into the store and they did not have those trees in stock! I could have understood if I had waited until late Sunday morning but I was the first over there and the ad trees were not there. I spoke with a manager and she stated that the Sunday ad was a misprint, only 9 1/2 ft trees were on sale for $199 and the corporate office became aware of the mistake Wednesday before the sale. That tree is too tall for my house and $100 over the ad price! She was very nice and tried to show me some $99 trees but I was not happy. She explained as per company policy she could not substitute a similar tree or reduce prices on any other tree. I then asked if I could get one of the trees from the Thursday only ad for the Thursday price because there were plenty in stock. That was also a no. Company policy allows the managers to offer no discounts or price changes. The manager tried to help with in the limits the company gave her but all she could give me was an email address to contact corporate. As one of the clerks said, "Don't bother, they won't do anything to correct their mistake." So why are we giving our hard earned money to a company that uses trickery and deceit to get us in the store and does not honor its ads? Why are we helping a company make money when they care so little for its consumers that they do not even give the managers discrectionary overrides? Where is the customer service? Consumers are not always right but if you want to keep them happy and spending money at your store, then empower your managers to fix your ad mistakes or quit making mistakes!

Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Nov, 2009 by   shea dunn 0 Votes
I do not know where you live, but I actually purchased the arizona pre lit tree for 99 dollars this morning and I saw your complaint and called and asked if it was a misprint and the store manager stated no it was not. The policy is for the store to set aside a few trees for the day of the sale, but your particular store did not.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   shea dunn 0 Votes