logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
2. (14 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
3. (22 mins ago)
Irrational

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Gamesaver Subscription Internet Cy Complaints & Reviews - no purchase , but charged

Gamesaver Subscription Internet Cy Contacts & Informations

Gamesaver Subscription Internet Cy

Posted:    Dorothy Ann Law

no purchase , but charged

Oberon-Media /MSN Games
oberon-media.com
Purchased "Cubis Gold 2' 3/29/09 for 30.13, CD included. Contacted Oberon repeatedly in hopes of downloading the game.
could not overcome problem so gave up. The CD came in and I entered that into my PC. I settled for that tho very high price for the amount of game received.
Then, with out notice to select another game or my ordering a game Gamesaver Subscriptions Internet Cy drafted my bank account for 10.75 on 4/30/09. Something is very wrong!
I want my money refunded!
If you have me listed with a subscription, which I've not ordered, please cancel it. I am afraid to do further business with you!
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jun, 2009 by   Ssuzette N. Creekmore 0 Votes
Same here. I ordered one game, download one game only. Credit card charged $7.01 every month, sent email requesting refund and canel, no response, but charges keep coming out on monthly basis. I have to cancel card to stop charges. No information to contact only what shows on bank statement: 74509212 GAMESAVER INTERNET SUBSCRIPTION. My bank cannot trace the transaction, so card must be cancelled. Very unsatisified with this company, very misleading and dishonest.
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   kre8tiv1 0 Votes
I'm having the same problem. I tried signing into iplay, a division of Oberon Media, and it says I don't have an account...so. Guess I'll have to do a stop payment through my bank, jeez I hope this isn't going to cost me extra. I totally agree with you...about the company. I will not deal with them again.
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   kc7lde 0 Votes
I am having the same problem also. Iam thinking legal steps if i can get enough people on board to do so. Going to get with my bank to see what we can do about this legal or just what.
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   kc7lde 0 Votes
Just found this in the TOS from the following site

5. Cancellation
You may cancel your GameSaver membership any time by logging in to your account and clicking ["CANCEL"] from the FAQ page. If you cancel your membership before you have paid for the minimum number of months in your commitment, you will be charged for the remaining months. For every month you are charged, you are entitled to one free download game. You will have 60 days to choose and download any remaining free games before they expire.

(iv) Performance. Your subscription to the GameSaver service will start upon the earlier of (i) your download of the free Game, and (ii) Oberon's written acceptance of your subscription. You consent to Oberon commencing immediate provision of the GameSaver service and accept that you do not have recourse to the normal 7 day cancellation period.

(v) Payment. Payment must be made prior to delivery of the GameSaver service, using an authorized debit or credit card at the time of subscription.

(vi) Cancellation. Due to the nature of the GameSaver service, the fact that the Games can be previewed prior to purchase and that once downloaded they cannot be returned, there is no right of cancellation without charge once you start downloading your first Game. Subseqquently, you may cancel your GameSaver membership at any point; however, you will be charged the subscription fee for the remainder of the minimum period that you commited to.

(vii) Price Validity. The GameSaver fees is fixed for the duration of the minimum period committed to; thereafter, Oberon may vary the subscription fee with 7 days notice.

(viii) Duration of Contract. Your GameSaver subscription will run for the minimum period subscribed for, and will continue thereafter until cancelled by you or Oberon Media.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   AntoniaS 0 Votes
Hi guys,

I had the same issue but I was given an email address and got a response wtihin 24 hours!!

oberonsupport@maileu.custhelp.com

I hope this helps!
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   very_upet_with_Oberon 0 Votes
Did anyone from Oberon ever help any of you guys??? I first noticed that they have been charging me each month b/c I bought one game (and only one!!) from them back in May. So I cancelled the account AND my debit card!! But now I see they want to charge me for cancelling my account.
Most comapnies that have a sneaky monthly charge like this will refund you once you find out what they are doing.
But Oberon doesn't even have a contact number. I have so little money that I worry I will get nothing back from them. :o(
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   dill 0 Votes
I am haveing the same probelm and I have know idel what it is, they keep taking money out of my accont as well and I want them to stop I am getting mad that I cant cancel and that theres NO number with them or who ever they are, they need to stop taken peoples money and just come clean with what they have done and are still doing, its not far to us- we are all going throw hard times and stilling peoples money out of are account is just a sin, I will pray that the Lord speacks to your heart and have Mercy on you, please if you read this then just do the right thing.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Lee'Anne 0 Votes
I signed up for a 1 year subscription with these idots and instead of it ending there they keep charging my credit card. Here I am after my subscription ended trying to get them to stop. I have sent emails and I have not found a phone number. I have resolved to do the following: I will be disputing their charges for every month after my subscription ended, I am contacting the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION IN WASHING D.C. to lodge a complaint with them and see if they can find these people, I am hiring an attorney, and I am going to go public with this. I will talk to any and every reporter that will listen and can help me. It won't be just local papers and news staions I speak with. It also will be national ones. This appears in my opinion to be a really great scam. I will never do this again with any games. I'll stick to buying mine from local stores.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Lee'Anne 0 Votes
Oh I forgot another important detail...when I signed in...game saver said I didn't have an account with them. something has to give and it sure isn't going to be me doing the giving anymore. I have more than completed my agreement with these people, they will not be getting another dime from me for cancelling. I may be a retired paralegal, but I will resolve this one way or the other. I suggest that all of you who has filed a complaint on this page and you who are fixing to file a complaint, do what I am doing in my above paragraph. The FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IN WASHINGTON D.C., will need at least 3 or more complaints in order to investigate these people.
 26th of Jul, 2009 by   Jolie13 0 Votes
I was having the same problem too. I only registered for two months and have paid for four.

When I tried to sign in I too was told that I did not have an account, but apparently I was already signed in. (In the upper right hand corner it said "sign out" well I figured I must be signed in) I went to MSN Games at http://zone.msn.com/en-us/home (through a link in an e-mail from them reminding me of my "free" download, so obviously I had an account.

I went to the "PC Downloads" link - clicked on any game (I picked one that I wouldn't mind having in case it downloaded), when I clicked on "Buy Now" it took me to a page that allowed me to download for free by redeeming my free game. It also told me that I had two free unredeemed games, so I did download a couple that I'd like. On the final time I clicked on the link on the top about My Account information (those are not the exact words but I cannot get back there now) and on the bottom there is a small link to cancel the account. I canceled and have received an e-mail verifying this.

There are physical addresses in the e-mails that I received from them, but not phone numbers.

I agree with all of these complaints, that they are very dishonest about how this program for "free" games works. They should not make it so difficult to cancel or change information.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   MPCarpenter 0 Votes
New York (Corporate Headquarters)
One World Financial Center, 27th floor, New York, NY 10281
Phone: (646) 367-2020
Fax: (212) 221-9240 this is where you contact them!
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   MPCarpenter 0 Votes
New York (Corporate Headquarters)
One World Financial Center, 27th floor, New York, NY 10281
Phone: (646) 367-2020
Fax: (212) 221-9240 this is how you contact them!
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   CinS71 0 Votes
Hi All,
I finally found a link to cancel GAMESAVER - http://www.iplay.com/Help.aspx

Click on: Cancelling Your GameSaver Membership
To cancel your GamesSaver membership, click here. You may be prompted to log into your account...

What I didnt realize is that when I purchased 1 game I was roped into a term subscription - that fine print must be really small.
Anyway - hope this helps! Good Luck!
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   jlb1800me 0 Votes

monthly charge - Gamesaver Subscription Internet Cy

Monthly charge of $.09 and $10.78 but I never bought anything .
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   Ole 0 Votes
Carpenter - it may be useful for someone in US
Cin - it's not working. It's simply don't rec me as user.

My story is simple: bought 2 games - 12.22 each, and now found for already 2 month I was charged for 12 something dollars. 12.48 and 12.05.

Lee - if you need some kind of statement, feel free to contact. Regards.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   BEEJ 0 Votes
BJ - From the sounds of the above comments, I feel licked. I sure don't want these charges and yet I feel doomed to endure them. Teaches me a valuable lesson, that's for certain. If anyone has an idea for me, let me know BJ
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   Kaity 0 Votes
Same problem. My credit card company can't block a charge. If I cancel, I still have to pay the subscription and have only 60 days to use them up. I have contacted Oberon with no success and have saved all of their responses from Roberto and Petros and finally a person. I am taking the emails and my credit card records to local law enforcement along with links to this page and to Oberon Media, Inc. This is where the States Attorney advised me to start. I am also going to write a letter to the editer about this as a warning to others. Oh, Yeah. AARP would probaly be another good place to put out a warning. A lot of gammers are grannies.

My problem started when I tried some sample games one night. They billed me four times for the same game on the same night and I only tried the 60 minute trial.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   varlethia 0 Votes
i want my damn money back, i order 1 damn game y yall keep digging into my account for 7.50 i need my money im unemployed with a child i need every penny i have so i requesting a investigation on this problem or i will report yall
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   AngryMamaMoose 0 Votes
I am having the exact same problem!! I keep trying to log in but I get nothing. I cannot get in to my account. . they are charging me $7.01 every month and I want my money back. . . I believe I have tried just about everything to cancel the subscription but I am getting nothing. Please help. . . Thank you
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   gfindley 0 Votes
I am having same problem. I am disputing the bill with my credit card company and asking that they not honor it anymore. I only got one game from them and evidently, I had noticed they have been billing me for months!

Train Fares Increase for 2013