Scam charges

Initially we got the games we requested in a short amount of time but after a few months that changed. More and more we noticed that the games we received were very low on our list and took longer and longer to get to us. When we complained they would either not respond or respond with some sort of form letter stating the usual we try to get you the games you want. Finally we decided to drop the service. Of course they do not give refunds for un-used time so we kept the service through the month and cancelled 2 days before our billing period was up and sent back the last game we had; Sims 2 Pets for the PS2.

In less than 24 hours from the time I mailed the game I received an email that the game was damaged beyond repair and that I would have to pay $49.99. I do not believe that they could have possibly received the game yet much less that the game was damaged in the mail since in the months that we had the service this had never happened before. In addition, GameFly will only give you $4.70 in trade in for this game so why would they charge me $49.99 to replace it.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful?

10th of Dec, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Gamefly put $20 on hold from my debit card for a "free trial" During signup when you put the credit card info in it even says "Credit card will not be charged until trial period ends" but there the charge is. The answer from customer support is as follows" "we perform a temporary authorization against the credit card provided upon registration. This is to ensure that if you choose to stay a member after your free trial or if you wish to keep a game that you rented during the free trial, you are ready to go.

We do not receive any funds from this transaction. The temporary authorization could take 2 to 5 business days to clear depending on your bank's policy" Is this not charging my account before the trial period ends? A $1 pre auth might be acceptable if told up front but $20 to set up account? SCAM.
 9th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hi KWeaver,

We apologize for your experience. In order for us to further assist you in resolving this matter, please contact us anytime, 7 days a week, at support@gamefly.com.

The GameFly Team