logo

Cash4Offers
Terrible company!
3. (41 mins ago)
afa armor for android
taking money from my account when im not subscribed
4. (56 mins ago)
Investors Hub or IHUB
IHUB bias
5. (1 hr 13 mins ago)
Reliant Vision Group
Reliant vision is a fake and fraud company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

FYE VIP Backstage Pass, Concord, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Won't cancel/Keeps charging after cancellation

FYE VIP Backstage Pass Contacts & Informations

FYE VIP Backstage Pass

Posted:    ewattinn

Won't cancel/Keeps charging after cancellation

FYE
8481 Concord Mills Boulevard
Concord, North Carolina
Phone: 7049796700
fye.com
I had received (without prior permission, nor any notification of) the FYE Backstage VIP Pass. I say I was not informed because when purchasing a few last minute christmas gifts, the clerk asked if I would like to save 15% on my NEXT purchase (notice the 'next', because there was no savings advertised for the current one) to which I replied no thank you. I guess the clerk just decided to add the card on and then after wrapping all the presents I found at least 2-3 packets of the same information, as well as cards detailing information on the VIP Backstage Pass. I promptly discarded these packets due to the fact that I had made no purchase of them (to my knowledge) and I was under the impression they were some sort of promotional product I need not worry myself with. After about a month or so, I check my credit card online statement (which should have been a balance of 0.00$, I had just made a payment) only to find that a product marked as FYE VIP Pass had charged me a total of 11.99$. I am beside myself with rage, the company CIC Triple Advantage has previously attempted to access my account for a total of 3 months in the past, and I made one complaint to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and POOF, the whole mess was gone and I received my money back in full. I do not want to have to do this again, and I am hoping this works and clears out this charge and any further charges to my credit. This is fraud in the highest form and companies that commit it should be stripped and shut down.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2010 by   LRB -1 Votes
The problem was the cashier. He/she did not properly inform you of the terms. Although I find it interesting that you freely gave your full name, address and phone number without question. And that you signed TWO slips without wondering what you were signing.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   NikkiBlink +1 Votes
This happened to me as well. In my situation, I gave no information to the cashier besides my debit card. I did not give my address or phone number. The only slip I signed was my receipt. I never asked to be signed up for a program of any kind, and yet I have had money taken out of my account for the past two months. I called the number to cancel last month, but I was still charged again this month.
 6th of Mar, 2010 by   FYE DESTROYER +1 Votes
I just checked my checking account and I see a debit pending for $9.99 to FYE. What the heck is this FYE - VIP Backstage Pass? My husband doesn't know either. We have no idea what FYE is! Is it a retail store? Do they sell tickets to concerts? Backstage Pass? Backstage pass to what? I'm a V.I.P.?

We are Amercian diplomats in Slovakia and have been here since July of 09. Neither of us have flown back to the states for anything. Today is Saturday. Come Monday, I plan to open a can all over this FYE outfit! From the blogs and complaints I'm reading online, it might behoove the American people that I lawyer up on this one!
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   redninja -2 Votes
are you stupid?

you save the 10% on the purchase RIGHT THEN!
the computer automatically does it. plus it saves you 10% every time you shop.

and, i find it hard to believe that you gave her your full name, address, birth date, phone number and email...
then signed a seperate piece of paper that CONFIRMS that you are signing up for the 30 day free trial.

Get a life. stop lying.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   PinkNinja +1 Votes
I feel the same way about this VIP crap! I was in a hurry, shopping for a picky 10 year old in a massive crowd-- all fighting for overpriced dvd's and cd's-- when the cashier asked me to sign up for the rewards program! She knew I was distracted and was in a hurry so she quickly asked for my zip code and phone number. I never gave my actual address and she had my name from my credit card. She looked me right in the eye and said to go online and finish the registration. Here I thought it was like a bonus card-- one you'd use at a grocery store. She NEVER mentioned there is a monthly fee!
Of course my bank statement came and there it was... $11.99. I *immediately* cancelled. He said he was sending a $20 gift card for being an "active member" for 2 months. (I shopped there ONCE) Another month went by... no gift card but yet another charge for the membership! About a week later the gift card arrived. How nice! I was *thrilled*!! And so was my 10 year old! Here I thought it was sent for being inconvenienced! LOL!! Yeah... it wasn't.
I called to cancel the membership, yet again, only to find the offices were closed until Monday. Typical.
I immediately took my son back to FYE to quickly use the card. Well... we get there and the friggen store had CLOSED!! Not just closed for the night, but no longer in business!! I was LIVID to say the least! I drove 28+ miles to another location to find that that store was also in mid closing sales--- which meant there wasn't much left.
So...REDNINJA, congrats to you for being so smart! You *never have done something inadvertently?? BULL-----! I'd love to see you stand there, in public, and thoroughly read the crap most cashiers hand people. LMAO
"Get a life"??? Really? Do you normally go to random sites and tell people how it is?? You're an idiot.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   Dummy1234 +1 Votes
Now I see why Redninja is such an advocate! I had no idea you worked for them! Is this your job, to sit here and defend?? Why don't you get to work on the cashiers who conveniently forget to tell the stupid customer there is a monthly fee?!
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   SeanRuediger 0 Votes
My name is Sean. I was a previous sales associate working for FYE (Trans World Entertainment). I am very familiar with this VIP discount card you all are talking about. It's called a "Backstage Pass Card." There are two versions of it the BSP and the BSPVIP. The Backstage Pass is only a $25.00 fee a year to have the card, and you save 10% off your purchase everytime oyu come in to FYE. The Backstage Pass VIP is a discount card that works for FYE, but also thousands of other locations in the area, such as restaurants, airfare, hotels, etc. You also save the same 10% discount for FYE as well. It was originally $9.99 a month to keep the card, prior to November 2009, but after November, the company changed the card's renewal fee to $11.99 a month. To even get the BSPVIP card, you'll have to pay by a credit card, so if you WANT TO keep it, it'll be a $11.99 renewal fee.

The information above is listed in the fine print on the card's booklet, as well as the receipt you HAD TO sign to even be charged for the card. If you were signed up for the card, the company's rules were you had to sign two receipts -- One approving of the transaction, and another one which AGREES to the FINE PRINT that if you DO NOT CANCEL AFTER THE FIRST MONTH, it will be an $11.99 charge to your card to KEEP the discount card. You also get a $20.00 FYE gift card if you kept it for two months, meaning, you get the first month free and you pay $11.99 to keep the card for the month.

To even sign up for the card though you need the following information for our records and computers: First & Last Name, Full Address (City, State, Zip), Phone Number, Email Address. Without the above information, it would be a fraud to even charge someone with the card UNLESS you STILL signed both receipts WITHOUT reading the fine print on them. (Note: ALWAYS read the fine print!!!) The sales associate might have put in fake information to charge you though, so who knows.

The experience I have had with this card isn't pleasant, nor is the time I have had working for FYE or Trans World Entertainment. I have seen the true colors of this company for whom they really are, and I'll be honest -- It has disappointed me. To one of the commenters above, yes, there is a quota each sales associate has to obtain a day and a week for these Backstage Pass VIP cards. Actually, we have a quota for a lot of things; reserves, bsp, bspvip, special orders, magazine subscriptions, etc... This is part of the reason why I left the company, because of this quota. It was rather demeaning to my own being having to sell these discount cards to people that obviously didn't want them.

I do not support FYE, Trans World Entertainment, nor these Backstage Pass VIP cards. To put this all on a lighter note, I believe that the experiences you guys have had might have been a misunderstanding, or just crooked sales associates trying to make their quota, because believe me -- I have had my managers and district managers breathing down my neck if I didn't make the quota or make "good numbers."

I apologize to everyone that has had a hard time with the company. I am on your side and I'm quite familiar with the frustration. I just wish that you all will understand that it probably wasn't the sales associates fault. It might have been pressure to push harder for the company or the risk of losing your job. It's a shame honestly. It really is.
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   SeanRuediger 0 Votes
&&& Pinkninja:

The $20.00 gift card you don't automatically get in the mail, you have to mail out for it yourself using the slip included in the VIP discount card package. It's in the little folder. A lot of people were confused about this and I agree -- it's confusing and misleading. The whole thing is a big scam, and I don't support it, but guess what -- I sold it to hundreds of people for 10 months, and I regret it entirely. It's honestly a rip-off.
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   redninja -1 Votes
I'm not supporting ANYTHING! I tell my customers 100% what they are getting. Before I let them sign, I tell them that "If you don't call this number in 30 days, it's 11.99 a month that gets charged to this card."

Half of these complaints are BULL! You can't just sign someone up without all of their information!

And do you know what it's like to LOSE YOUR JOB if you don't get enough sales? I agree that some cashiers can trick you into something... but you, the customer, still need to AGREE TO IT!

"I'd love to see you stand there, in public, and thoroughly read the crap most cashiers hand people."
Um... if someone just signed me up for something... using my credit card... you damn well believe I'd take the time to read a small paragraph that is not only on my packet... but on my damn reciept! In about 10 words!! It's the contract you sign for us! So don't sit there and blame Fye.

You know what? the backstage bass and fye AREN'T RELATED! We could care less if you keep it. Either does the company. It's not our job to make you keep it.

Bottom line:
As Sean claims, it's pressure. DMs will fire you in a heartbeat if you don't meet your quota. And while I don't "trick" people, I do know some cashiers do. But, even so, you'd have to be a complete idiot to fall for it. Even if a cashier uses a fake phone number, zip code... whatever... and just slides your card... you still need to sign a seperate sheet of paper that has the contract of you signing the card. And, they have to scan the actual card... then sit there and fill everything in... most customers would question what the cashier was doing.
Most people would read a contract before signing something that isn't a credit card slip...
And you get your money back ANYWAY if you complain enough to the backstage pass company.
Even if the FYE was closed... it doesn't matter. FYE can't cancel the card for you. Can't get your money back. As I said, they are two seperate things. It's the backstage pass the screws you over, NOT FYE.

And I'm stupid? Who signs up for something when their kid is screaming? Most educated people would say "I'm sorry, I'm busy." Because, when people do sign up for the backstage pass, THEY ASK ABOUT IT FIRST! They just don't go "oh, okay!"... sign a contract... then run off.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   PinkNinja +1 Votes
Who the hell do you think you're calling uneducated? How about I give you my address and I'll show you just how uneducated I am!? You little twit... You sit there and cry about poor you losing your job if you don't ram enough of these VIP cards down peoples' throats! Did you ever think maybe you should look for a better job, that maybe lying to people in order to get ahead isn't morally responsible?
Because, in essence, that's what you're doing.
But let me guess: not you. You NEVER left out *any details! Whatever. You're a piece of sh--.
I'm smarter than you honey and make far more money, I'm sure.
And did I mention anywhere in my complaint that my child was screaming or that my child was even with me?? LMAO
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   Sioela +1 Votes
I have had the regular Backstage Pass for a while. It was 25$ a year, and saved me a percentage at the store. That was great considering I worked at a mall, and like shopping at my local suncoast.

Well I moved to another state, and much to my glee I found a suncoast in my podunk miserable little town. I went in to browse, chose a few movies, and found out I needed to renew my Backstage Pass. Well, I wasn't worried, its was 25$ a year, I verified with the clerk.

She said, Yes it is 25$ a year. If you want to upgrade, you can for 10$ a month. Its called Backstage VIP

Me: No thanks. I only want the regular Backstage Pass. I dont need or want the VIP.

She asked: Are you certain?

Me: Yes, I do not want the additional charge.

I checked my receipts read everything before buying and asked the clerk to double check that I only had the regular Backstage Pass. She confirmed it.

LO AND BEHOLD... i am getting charged 10$ a &^&*^( month for a service i SPECIFICALLY said no to.

So, FYE needs to get their shit together, and quit cheating their customers. This is ridiculous. I have cancelled my membership.
 21st of May, 2010 by   FYE VIP scam 0 Votes
I too was scammed by the FYE Backstage Pass VIP club.

I shop at FYE occasionally, and know about their yearly membership to get a discount just at FYE, but had never signed up for it. I worked at a mall this holiday season and whenever I shopped at FYE the clerk would ask me if I wanted it and usually I would just say no thanks. But one time they were offering what I thought was a free trial of it and you could get a $20 gift card as well. I was told the first month is free but after that it's $12. Silly me for thinking that it was $12 a year to get discounts on a few CD's, when in reality it was $12 A MONTH (which the clerk failed to mention).

I had planned on cancelling it after the month anyway, but forgot, so I got the initial $12 charge. So I'm thinking, well I guess I have it for a year now. But the next month I got charged again so I called to see what was up. I come to find out it is in fact $12 a month, because it's not just for FYE, it's also for "thousands of locations nationwide, " which were pretty much just a bunch of Domino's Pizza and Dunkin Donuts locations. When I called they also verified my name and address, which was somewhat close to what it really was but was completely wrong. So they said since they had the wrong information, they would give me a month for free, and since I didn't even know it could be used at other places, I said fine. Since I now had it for another two months, not long after that I filled out the form for the gift card (with the correct address on it).

So the two months go by, and still no gift card. I figured I wouldn't cancel it right away because I was still waiting for the gift card (but by now of course I had spent more on the membership than the $20, but I wanted to use the gift card along with the discount). More time goes by and still no gift card, so a little over a week ago I give up on the gift card and call to cancel before it charges me for the month. The guy answers and asks if I got the gift card, I said no. He said the address it was sent to, which was the WRONG ADDRESS that they had from before. He says my membership is still active until the 18th, I said fine. He then mumbles something like "OK we will keep your account active" and hangs up without giving me any type of confirmation number or anything. Silly me again for thinking that it was actually cancelled and he meant we will keep your account active until the 18th, when he really meant we will keep your account active until forever. Of course, a few days later, I get the $12 charge again (actually it was still processing). As soon as I see that I call again, and this time I talk to a woman, and she tries to give me a different spiel about sending me 4 $10 rebates in addition to another free month. I said no you had my address wrong last time what makes me think you'll get it right this time, and eventually she gives up and says my account is cancelled as of that day and gives me a confirmation number.

Silly me one last time for thinking that that last charge wouldn't go through. It did, so if I get charged another month I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   ayoungbird 0 Votes
Well my husband and I have never even heard of f.y.e. as we do not have one here. I do not know how we got charged 11.99. we do not have a card or packet or anything so i had to call the number on my bank statement to even find out who this charge was. So like the Slovakian i am confused who/how this charge appeared on my card. No i am not stupid, i did not sign any papers at any store (again there are none here--had no idea who they are) and I did not give out information to a sales associate unless f.y.e has another store name possibly. I have a JUSTICE for girls club card, lol.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   HumanScam -1 Votes
Pay attention to what a cashier is saying to you dumb dumb.

At my local FYE I was purchasing $50+ worth of merchandise. The cashier told me that I would save 10% on my purchase so I did. they also explained that if I did not call and cancel I would be charged after the first 30 days of having the card. I went home and hung the discount card on my fridge. The following Monday I called and cancelled my card. The man on the phone tried again to get me to keep my card. To which I replied "I want to cancel my card". He then gave me a confirmation number. I checked my records and there was no charge. People always look for someone else to blame when things don't go their way. I'm sure that there are associates who are unethical, that's undeniable. To criticize the organization as a whole is ridiculous. If you were talking to a customer and they told you about a discount card and you were not paying attention to them because you didn't think they deserved your attention then you deserve to be scammed I say. but in my situation the person spoke, I listened, and I benefitted.
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   kailin_aisling 0 Votes
You don't have to give any information. These A-holes are linking this card to DEBIT CARDS without any prior information. NOTHING else was provided by myself. I declined the card, and paid for my purchase with my debit card. 3 months later, I notice I've been being charged 11.99 monthly for this effing card. I don't like accusing people of dishonesty, but this is ridiculous. So I go into my local FYE store today, after reading this stuff. I ask about the VIP card. I'm explained to that it's free, blah blah, so i ask to see the paper work and sign up- to which the cashier tells me, to come back when I'm ready to make my purchase, and they'll link the card to my credit or debit card to save me having to fill the paper work out, and so its discount is applied with every purchase! I respond, that's ok I'm not buying today, so I'll just take a look at the paperwork, and fill it out. They said they cant do that. I ask why. Get a run around. So then I say, "could it be, because its not free and you're fraudulently charging people for this card even when they decline it, and fail to sign ANYTHING asking for it?" I got asked to leave the store for "Disturbing customers". Screw FYE. And RedNinja, they are doing this to people. Without consent. Without a signature.
 28th of Oct, 2010 by   bugmenot2 0 Votes
I bought a CD (stupid) from FYE for $20 (stupid) and got hit with the same scam on my debit card. I occasionally make dumb mistakes, though: circa 2003, I bought a copy of Jesus Christ Superstar from FYE, and ended up with a $40 charge to Sam Goody's and a subscription to People Magazine.

Basically, this company exists by ripping people off, because the price of entertainment has dropped almost to zero. I can watch the movie I bought on Hulu for free now. I can listen to the CD on youtube, or buy it for 6 dollars on Amazon or iTunes. FYE's market is gone, and that's why they're so heavy-handed about these promotions.

I cancelled my debit card and got a new one, rather than deal with getting them to stop the charge. Today I finally got my first letter from them, asking me to put my card information on a "charge authorization form" so that my "benefits" won't expire. I'm shivering. I'll never go there again, they're on their way out of business, and soon their assets will be liquidated and/or donated to Goodwill for tax write-offs. CDs and DVDs are obsolete.
 24th of Nov, 2010 by   PHHowes 0 Votes
I signed up at the store, received the discount on my BluRay. I was interested in the discount at AMC and when that didn't work I called and cancelled. I spoke with Martin who was very helpful and that was it. The number for the customer service is 877-351-2131 and after that there was a little bit of automation and then Martin.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   LoyaltoFYE 0 Votes
I understand the frustration of having sales associates omitting information but this can all be avoided if everyone would just pay a little attention to what is going on and read a receipt before signing. These offers are for FYE customers who are loyal and the program can be very useful if utilized correctly. All the information you need can be found on the web site fyevip.com or by calling the number previously listed.

There are two card available for FYE, first is the The Backstage Pass which is $25 for the year. After you spend $250 it pays for itself then you save 10% on every purchase after that, clearly for someone who shops there often. Then the VIP is Free for one month and a monthly charge of $9.99 or $11.99 per month after that which is for people who love coupons and has a printer. You save 10% in FYE stores and can print coupons from the website for a large verity of stores.

Another thing that bothers me is all this talk of FYE associates somehow inputting information they haven't been given. Are they faking the information or getting it out of you without your knowledge? If the case is a bad associate not letting you know all the information for what you are signing up for then that really sucks for the company because they don't intend on ripping people off. Yes FYE is under pressure with the increase of ILLEGAL downloading but they still have customers who choose to support their favorite artist or actor or go just because (in a good case) knows an associate and trusts their judgement on entertainment. This is a specialty entertainment store with many different options for their loyal customers and people passing by take that for granted.

These are hard times and a lot of people and companies are strapped for money so when things like this happen blood starts to boil and when that happens people don't always draw the right conclusion or react in a manor of sense. Read receipts that you sign or packets of info you receive, call and talk to a manager or go online for additional info. All these things can help aid you in preventing a bad experience with one associate and taking it out on the entire company.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   FYE VIP scam 0 Votes
In response to LoyaltoFYE:
1. The VIP card is a joke. There is no reason anyone would willingly pay for it. Once I knew I was scammed, I actually did try to see if the thing had any value to it. But as I mentioned in my earlier post, that "large variety of stores" you mention was basically just a bunch of Dunkin Donuts and Dominos Pizza locations, for which you can probably get the same exact coupons online for free.

2. The cashiers don't take your information. They (well the register does) just save your credit card number. Which is why when I actually checked out my VIP account online the address they had for me was wrong, since I never actually gave them one.
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   Customer Dan 0 Votes
I would like to say that during my FYE purchase I was told about the VIP Backstage Pass, I agreed to it, because I planned on canceling the plan within the first few days. Yes, I am a jerk because I wanted to exploit the company 20% (the initial 10 and the other 10 being my birthday) for a Blu Ray video I wanted to buy. Yes, the sales reps from my experience walk you through it so you'd probably have to be pretty dumb to just sign up for something you don't completely understand.

THAT BEING SAID: Canceling my service was a fucking NIGHTMARE. My account was created, I called the number and explained. I was *told* that my account would stay active (and that it needed to sit there for a few more days for me to "think about it" and all the "benefits" I'd miss out on blah blah whatever).

I call in a few days later after sitting on all the "fabulous" benefits and such, and in the call I was told *twice* that they would be keeping my account active. Mind you, they didn't state something like "Are you sure you would like this canceled? Here's all of our great blah blah" no, first they would give you the sales pitch and slip in there that your account would be active and to have a nice day. Luckily for me, before whoever was on the other end hung up I said "No, I do not agree to what you've said and I will keep calling here until this membership is canceled. May I speak to your supervisor?" Then I was given a cancellation number.

I swear if I see a charge on my card heads will roll.

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed