logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rootandroid.com
Rude and negative emails from this company
2. (24 mins ago)
Sears / Craftsman riding lawnmower
Lawn mower will just stop running
3. (39 mins ago)

Furnish 123

Posted: 2011-04-12 by    Crystalamaya

Defective furniture

Furnish 123
Bought furniture at Furnish 123 off of Culebra/1604 in mid February and was told furniture would not be available for delivery until mid March. When the warehouse contacted us to schedule delivery they set up a time frame between 1pm and 3pm. They finally arrived to deliver the furniture an hour and half late at 4:30 pm. No attempt was made to contact us regarding late delivery. As soon as delivery was made, it was discovered that the ottoman's frame was broken and missing a leg. Also, one of the decorative pillows was ripped. Immediately we contacted the furniture store and told him our issues. He told us he would call the warehouse and have someone there return our call. The next day, after no phone call was received we called again and was told AGAIN that we would receive a call from the warehouse. This happened again on the third day as well. On the fourth day of phone calls we were given the phone number to call the warehouse directly and was told to speak to Mike or Tony. For several days in a row we left messages for them, but never had a call returned. Finally on March 29th, at 10:00 PM (THE DAY BEFORE THE WARRANTY EXPIRED) I received a call from Matt saying he needed to schedule a service call but that he only made service calls on Wednesdays and Saturdays between 11am-2pm. The was absolutely no way we could do that, we had to both work on Wednesday and being informed of this just 2 hours before midnight we were unable to change our schedule. He finally agreed to come on Thursday between 9am-11am. Because we had some advance notice my husband was able to *** work to be here for his service call. After Mike(the technician) hadn't shown up by 11:30am we called him and he agreed to come before 3pm. After he hadn't shown up AGAIN we tried calling several times with no answer and no return call. At 4pm we called the warehouse and asked to speak to Matt or Eric who are the owners of Furnish 123 and the warehouse. After leaving several messages and not getting a return call we were finally able to reach Eric. He told us that he couldn't get ahold of Mike, but he would TRY to get us on his schedule. I explained to him that Mike had called us at 10:00 pm and had already failed on two attempts at a service call or even a phone call to inform us that he would not be able to make it. I asked him for a different technician and he said he would not be able to send anyone else. I told him that it was not acceptable and he told me "It seems like nothing will make you happy". That isn't true at all. I am pretty easy to please, even a phone call would have sufficed me. After 2 weeks and failed attempts to resolve this issue I am beyond frustrated and told them to just come pick up their furniture. The informed me that the 2 week return policy was up. NO KIDDING! I was then informed that IF they did allow a return that there would be a 15% restocking fee. So basically, IF they do take back the furniture I have to pay 15% for having defective furniture taking up space in my house. It's not like I just decided to not keep the furniture. I have gone above and beyond to try to resolve this issue, with no avail. I am beyond frustrated at this point. It is a shame that this is what we get for trying to support locally owned small business. What a HUGE mistake!!
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jul, 2011 by   jeloni 0 Votes
there was this Gilman couch that i really fell in love with.. the only reason i'm holding back on buying it is the 3 week wait! cuz they always don't have them in stock. so they have to order it. and just recently.. we decided to call them to ask if they have gilman on hand that is ready to be picked up.. they said yes. so we told them we would come over and pay in half so they could hold it for us till saturday which is just 2 days away.. we had a clear agreement with the sales guy.. we were so happy. The next day, a lady called us and said.. unfortunately, they sold the gilman couch with another customer who wanted it. She apologized and said she would just refund the money that we deposited.. the reason they sold it to another customer is that we didnt have a secure deposit which should be 80% of the total price! what the?! we would've paid it in full if we were only properly informed about their policy! i was so upset i wanted to choke that lady to death!

The Cost of Summer Camp