logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
CCBILLEU.COM
fraud charges deducted from my account
2. (22 mins ago)
IMVU Unfair Banning

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Frontline Shoppers, Hamilton, Ontario Complaints & Reviews - Mystery Shopper Scam

Frontline Shoppers Contacts & Informations

Frontline Shoppers

Posted:    123Paul

Mystery Shopper Scam

Frontline Focus International
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada
Mystery shopper program claims to pay $10 per "shop" and covers food expenses for surveys completed at Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC.

I completed 8 of these in May/June 2009 and have not received any money in return! It has been difficult just to get a reply back to an e-mail. The only time I heard from the company is in October 2009 when I signed up for more shops and did not complete the survey (in an effort to get someone to talk to me).

WATCH out for Frontline Focus also known as Frontline International and Frontline Focus International.

I'm out $165 and a lot of time trying to recoup it!

It is a scam.

PC
Comments Canada Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Nov, 2009 by   123Paul 0 Votes
Just to follow-up, after sending several e-mails, complaining to the Better Business Bureau and threatening legal action I did receive a cheque for the full outstanding amount from this organization.

If you sign up with them be very clear on how you will be reimbursed.

Paul
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   David Crass 0 Votes
They give you directions on a survey they want you to take for them.
They sent me 2 money orders for $870 each and told me to cash them at my Bank and send $1500 to the next Mystery Shopper. If you have been approached like this, I suggest that you not to give them the Western Union pick up code until you make sure the money Orders are good. Mine were not good and I had them returned to my Bank and I had Bank charges on both of them and had I given them the code to pick up the money on their end, I would have been out a whole lot more money. Had it now been for the Thanksgiving Vacation I may not have found out about this in time. I was under the impression that a money order was just like CASH. It isn't, so be careful. Don't trust them.
Dave
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   avalanche1 0 Votes
I am in the same predicament, I have performed 5 shops for them from May to October and they were constantly calling me to do more, when I told them that I would not do more until I was paid for the ones I did, the calls stopped. The just keep putting me off when I ask when I will be paid. I have also just complained to the BBB and have threatened legal action.
Frontline is a farce in my opinion, they hire people to evaluate customer service and they clearly need help themselves in that dept. If you are reading this and considering doing shops for them, take my advice, DON'T!
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   Dr. Nigel Johnson D.D. 0 Votes
I received 2 money orders for $1000 a piece. With instruction to deposit them and take out $200 for may wages. Then to perform a money transfer to London the same day. My bank put holds on the money orders for a week, so I couldn't perform the assignment I was given. After several emails to the Mr. James of Frontlineshoppers, explaining the situation, he said to make the transfer as soon as the funds were available. I informed him of every move I made to complete the tranfer. Then suddenly, no further responses from him. The funds are still in my account. I am not going to do anything until I hear back from them. It seemed a little strange for someone to send me so much money and with out any type of contract. I am going to research this further and see where it leads me.
 7th of Mar, 2010 by   Steph043 -2 Votes
I had to deal with Frontline Focus, they gave me the run around also until, I told them I would call the companies, I did the shops on. To let them know that these crooks (them) were not paying and for that I would never eat there again. I recieved a cal within minutes, then the money was shortly behind. There are a few bad shopping companies, but alot of good ones.

Nigel, you are being scammed. This is something that has been going on for years. They (the crooks) hope that you have enough funds in your account to cover the bogus money orders, so that you send them the money before the bank clears it andcomes back to tell you its (the money order) not any good. DONT SEND ANY MONEY.

Do not confuse these companies with others that have similar names. Frontlineshoppers, is a scam, Frontline Focus Just doesn't pay, do your research there are several people as yourselves that have been taken by these crooks. Like I said just call KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut Heade Office and see how quick you get action.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   Mishu5 0 Votes
I have been doing mystery shops for Frontline Focus for a few years now and in the past year I've also had trouble getting paid. I just received full payment this week after waiting almost 7 months and trying to contact someone dozens of times. They don't answer their e-mails or call back when you leave a message. They called me to do another "shop" and I reluctantly agreed. If I have the same trouble this time I will not have anything else to do with this company. I don't recommend it to anyone...what company expects work to be done and then not pay for it for months???
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   rhino99 0 Votes
Just so you know Frontline Shoppers is a legit independant company from Frontline Focas. Have worked for them for years. However there is a scam targeting several legit mystery shopper company involving the bank money orders. They legitimate mystery shopper companies are not involved but the crooks are using the mystery shopper companies name as a front. This apparently has been happening to many companies. Bottom line is your recieve a request for a mystery shop involving a money order from anyone don't particpate.
 5th of May, 2010 by   MYourt 0 Votes
I too am a mystery shopper for Frontline Focus and was solicited by them through Shadow Shoppers. I am owed money for three Pizza Hut assignments and get no response from emails. I have written them today and given them two days to respond or I am going to Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. to complain. I work for two other reputable companies who always pay promptly. This is very disturbing and I'm very angry.
 26th of May, 2010 by   lacyskittles +1 Votes
I am a shopper for frontline focus. I have always been paid on time and people always answer my calls and my emails Multiple times a day. I have never had a problem with this company. For one you are not suppose to work for more than one company at a time not only is this wrong in the mystery shopping world but illegal goverment wise. Maybe if people did there shops on time and when they where suppose to hand in the forms and entered the information on line they would find that pay would come as scheduled as explained by the staff when you are first hired.
 13th of Jun, 2010 by   themoon -1 Votes
lacyskittles are you for real? Of course you can work for more than one mystery shopping company at the same time. The reason Frontline Focus only want to hire people who have never shopped before and keep them only shopping for Frontline Focus is because they want you to be ignorant. They want people who think that it is alright to make someone wait months for both their pay and the reimbursement. They do not want savvy shoppers. My husband had the same problem as others here have mentioned, and he did not do ANYTHING wrong, all the instructions were followed to the letter including completing the job as scheduled and submitting the job as required. He also had to resort to threats before he was finally paid. What a shame that a company with such a lucrative contract has no remorse in scamming unsuspecting shoppers.
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   lacyskittles 0 Votes
That is funny seen as how i get paid every month straight to my bank account so I do not understand why everyone has such problems. As of aug i will have been with this company for one year. Sad to you feel this way. I love the company I work with and the people I work with are great. Anyway Sorry bout ur luck. I have nothing left to say.
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   duckduckB -1 Votes
I totally agree the moon. Lacyskittles is so naive thinking FF is a good company. Are you paying to write good comments for FF?

I am working for more than 6 regular mystery shopping companies on a regular monthly basics and they know the existence of each other. Unless you are an "employee" of a mystery shopping company, then you can't perform jobs for others. Mystery shoppers are case by case contractors only. You can check the guidelines and I bet you have never taken MSPA cert.

Back to FF, this is the ONLY and the ONE which does not pay me on time. Most of the companies I have worked for pay me between a time frame of 30-60 days on a monthly basic. The best one is twice a month. Rare cases are 90 days but that is the max I have encountered. I keep track of the payments for the past 3 years and FF is the only one outstanding (still owe me $ technically). I have to make dozens of phone calls to chase after the butt. It took me almost an year to get 90% of the pay. The rest of the 10%, like 40 something $, well... I have written that off as if I've donated to a beggar on the street. The company is so annoying and like rats . They have numerous schedulers called you consistently. When I told them that you company still owed me money, they seriously apologized, asked for my contact and name (which you already had, otherwise whom you think you were talking to), but never called back. And also because of FF, I never dine in Pizza Hut, Taco and KFC after that. BTW, Taco food sucks.

Beware of FF! There are a lot of good mystery shopping companies out there and why bother work for FF. Blacklist FF!!
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   Gracie61 -1 Votes
I have only been with Frontline Shoppers for 2 and a half months. I have done 3 phone shops and 5 mystery shops since the beginning of June. Their contract states "is paid at the end of the month following the assignment"

I too have NOT been paid for any of them!! I emailed yesterday with the list of completed jobs and inquired as to whether they pay through paypal or cheque as this is NOT stated on their site anywhere.

As an "independent" contractor for mystery shop companies both parties agree to the contract. They set it out as their part and sign in agreement. Well I agreed to be paid didn't I??

My paperwork was done on time and was very concise. I not only have over 30 years retail experience as an employee but also as an employer so I know what I am doing out there.

I have now emailed it to 2 different departments with my phone number as well and have not heard back in either way.

I also do work for 5 other companies ALL who have paid me with no problems.

I checked the BBB site here and it showed them as only having 1 complaint against them in the last 36 months and it had been resolved?? With all I am reading here I am not sure why only 1 complaint is showing unless it wasn't reported to the BBB.

I will now give them till Monday which puts us into August. If I don't get a response I too will contact the companies I mystery shopped on and tell them and I will also post it all over Facebook and Kijiji.

Mine were not for fast food places but for retail stores and property management places...none the less we all deserve to be paid for work we do.
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   lacyskittles +2 Votes
Hello. I am sorry to hear your discontent. Just so you know they pay ever 6-8 weeks and it is by cheque. You should talk to your contact person whom you work with. I am sure you will find yourself paid in the next week. The head office of the ff Is in texas from my understanding. That is where our money is coming from. But seriously talk to the person who hired you they really are understanding when people are nice and not rude. The people who hired us have nothing to do with the pay roll but can sometimes be able to answer our questions cause yes payroll is busy and they don't return emails fast.Just remember the people who hired us do shops as well. Which they have to wait as long as we do for there cheques. Unless you do more than 30 shops from this company they don't pay every 30 days. BUT i was told from the get go it was 6-8 weeks What are some of these other companies that every one is working for. have a good one and wish you luck.
And just to clarify from some other people no I do not get paid to put these in. I honest and truly get paid every month. I also have great relationship with both my reps that i deal with.
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   Gracie61 0 Votes
@lacyskittles...thx for your imput but as I stated their own shoppers contract states that they pay at the end of the month for jobs done in that month. This Frontline Shoppers I am with is in Alberta, Canada.
I have tried to contact different people (including my own contact). No one is responding what so ever.
It has been 8 weeks already since the first jobs I did for them and nothing!!
I am almost 50 years old and will not tolerate any crap from anyone. I have been an employee and an employer, having owned my own business so I know what needs to take place here.

If I don't have a response from someone after our long weekend (Tues) I will then call each company I did the mystery shop on and tell them NOT to deal with Frontline anymore. They are paying Frontline to find contractors to do mystery shops. Wonder how they'd feel if they knew I wasn't being paid and how many others out there?

You just plain and simple don't treat people like this. Its my time, gas and effort to do this, I expect to be paid what I am promised.

Having said all that good for you that your experience is not the same as some of us, unfortunately some of us including me are getting the brunt end of the stick.
 8th of Aug, 2010 by   TopShape -1 Votes
I have worked for and had to collect a lot of money with the help of Shadowshoppers.com - No way I would ever do another job for Frontline Focus from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada unless I was paid ahead of time. I thing lacyskittles is either very naive or a Frontline Focus plant. 54 days ago she wrote "That is funny seen as how i get paid every month straight to my bank account" - 6 days ago she wrote: Just so you know they pay ever 6-8 weeks and it is by cheque." Well, what is it ? Deposit or cheque ?- I just got off the floor rolling in laughter when I read we could only work for one company at a time.
 8th of Aug, 2010 by   TopShape -1 Votes
Additional to my previous post - If you have any trouble collecting any Mystery Shopping Company AND they advertise at shadowshoppers.com, write an email to the webmaster with all the exact shopping dates and the name of your schedulers. He was instrumental in helping me my get over $500.00 by Frontline Focus. DO NOT DROP it. You have earned it and you deserve it. If enough of us stand up and collect, we will collectively drive companies like Frontline Focus out of business for good. They knew that three of us were going to drive from Montreal to Hamilton to collect (over $3, 000 owed to the three of us ) so they made sure we got paid before we alerted the newspapers and took the drive I still think that a picture with a headline in front of their headquarters would of been real nice.
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   Rita24 +1 Votes
I am a very satisfied mystery shopper for FRONTLINE FOCUS INTERNATIONAL.
I have been working with the company for 14 years. At first when I started shopping for the company they paid like clockwork, every 2 weeks. They have since changed their major programs in Canada and the people that call to book the shops with the shoppers are VERY clear that is takes 8-10 weeks from the end of program deadline. I have always been paid.
They do not send money orders, they send cheques that to date have not ever bounced.
I complete hundreds of visits for the company for years and I have no complaints

Rita
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   Rita24 +2 Votes
Frontline Focus International is a legitimate mystery shopping company.
Frontline Shoppers is not. They have contacted me several times and said that they are affiliated with Frontline Focus International and requested a credit card # as well as my SIN number.
I immediately called the employee that I deal with daily from Frontline Focus International, and they made me aware that they have never worked with a company called Frontline Shoppers NOR would they have any reason to request this information.

Like Rita said above... My pay cheques always arrive within the 8-10 week time frame from the end of the deadline date.

AGAIN PLEASE NOTE;
FRONTLINE FOCUS INTERNATIONAL is an International LEGITIMATE mystery shopping company, and if you follow the correct steps in being paid you are both reimbursed for the costs put forth and paid for participating!

FRONTLINE SHOPPERS is NOT a Legitimate company and request to know PERSONAL Information that is not to be given to ANYONE!
 8th of Oct, 2010 by   themoon +1 Votes
Rita24 do you work for Frontline Focus? I think you forgot to change your screen name when you made your second post shilling the virtues of your company since y0u referred to yourself as though you were someone else.

Quote:

Frontline Shoppers is a legitimate company that pays on time, unlike Frontline Focus. They have never asked me for a credit card number. They also do not pretend to be affiliated with Frontline Focus, in fact they try to distance themselves from such an unreputable company.

Useful Information + Tips How to Avoid Identity Theft