logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (0 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
3. (5 mins ago)
KFC
Filthy conditions, staff uniforms, service and smell
4. (11 mins ago)
Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge
Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!
5. (13 mins ago)

FreedomPop

Posted: 2013-02-01 by    Sokar222

Refund

FreedomPop
I paid a $53.99 "refundable" deposit on a device to connect to the Internet. The service was slow and customer service was horrible. I returned the device by mail. (The company advertises that the device can be returned within a year of receiving it for a refund of the deposit.) The company acknowledges receipt of the the device and now two member of customer service have given me two different stories on why they will not return my deposit. Antoine insist that I have an outstanding balance and that they will only refund my deposit after I pay my balance. I told him okay deduct the balance ($10.00) from the balance. He said he was unable to do it. Then Ryan contacted me via email on 2/1/2013 informing me that I did not follow "proper procedure" in returning the device and that they will test it and "may" refund my deposit. This company has slowly drained my bank account with extra charges on their so-called free Internet provider site. I expect this company to either announce that the device does not work in order to keep my deposit or fabricate charges on my account that will nullify any refund I may have gotten. FreedomPop are a bunch of cheap scammers.
They offer 500mb of "free" bandwidth to surf the Internet but nickle and dime you and charge exorbitant prices for more bandwidth and services when that time soon runs out. Next, their customer service is a joke. They are slow and unresponsive when you try to contact them. Lastly, they have a rewards program that does not reward you. The program is set on the site so that you can "earn" more surfing data by fulfilling offers by their partners. The problem is they only reward you a tiny percentage of the offers you complete. They only "rewarded" me with about 10 percent of the offers I signed up for. Now I have a ton of spam coming to my email that I am not interested in and these creeps are trying to swindle me out of my deposit. Stay away from this con.
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

5 Tips for Timeshares