logo

Charity Fraud

Chairty Cars Inc
Longwood, Florida
chairtycars.org
I applied with charity cars inc for a car due to the fact I was ripped off and spent all my money on a car and it broke down so I applied with charity cars for a car well it came down to me having the votes they say a persons needs they told me to look elsewhere and when I filed a complaint against the deleted my profile.

These people are a fraud and don't do what they say so don't bother applying with them you will never get a car.

Edd

Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Mar, 2010 by   rb8jo 0 Votes
That is simply a LIE !On www.freecharitycars.org you have to vote for others promote the charity, which is BTW three charities in one, free cars, 1800 charity domes that provides shelter for the homeless and 1800 charity farms that provide sustainable farms for feeding the homeless. Sadly, only good vehicles can be given away by the charity and those are few and far between.All the votes that are required is 100.But you move up the list for cars IN YOUR AREA based on the number of votes from members, how well you promote the charity, and sometimes specific need. All of it is dependent on if there are cars donated in your area and how many people are waiting. Lazy people who do not want to help others or the charity don't get votes.100 votes is about 30 minutes work on the site. I do not have my charity car yet BUT I WILL!
rb8j0 proud member freecharitycars.org
 17th of Apr, 2010 by   JazzyJon81 0 Votes
I am on Free charity cars.I know two people who have recived cars.And they needed it!! After they got a car, they are both working and supporting their kids!! I had a interview for a job and I want this job more than anything right now.I am trying to help myself.And those are the people they try to help.I will walk to work rain, snow, sleet, and hail if I have to.Til I get a car.If you are on there being a crybaby, and not looking for work, or a way out of your suituation..they are more likeley not to help you. I know I will get a car.This is not a scam in my book, ask the two mother's I know that are now working!! I will help them anyway I can, because I've seen how they have helped others..JazzyJon81
 17th of Apr, 2010 by   rb8jo 0 Votes
JazzyJon81 is correct crybabies and whiners who refuse to participate in their own recovery and help the Charity and other members, never get a car. This is a site to help disabled people, struggling families, students and people needing a hand up.It is not a welfare site and those with specific needs who DO THE WORK are first on the list of those who receive donated vehicles no matter the number of votes. rb8jo
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   megabutthead 0 Votes
Free Chairty Cars is not a scam. It can only be a scam if they were asking for money and not delivering on a promise. FCC does not ask for money. The way the site works is basically like Karma. You vote for others while others vote for you. This site does take a lot of work of basically logging in and voting ect. If you keep at it you can receive a car within 3-4 months. How do I know this? Beucase I was fortunate enough to recieve a car from FCC. The only thing I had to pay for was to get my car registered and Insurance. The car was no heep of junk either. It's a 2000 model and in great condition.

People who complain about this site are basically peopl;e who just don't want to take the time and put some work into it. Nothing comes easy even a free car requires some devoted time which is basically just voting for others, never once will you be asked to contribute money. No scam if your money is still in your pocket.
 12th of Jun, 2010 by   tonyzimmerman 0 Votes
Some times in life a scam can be a glimmer of hope without the realization of the struggles in others lives to give. I feel sorry for those that feel scammed. I am not writing to either condone or condemn, but to maybe shed some light as a person who started a non-for-profit organization. I see another whole side to this that many may not even see. When life hits you with hard ache and more challenges than most could possibly handle, it can be hard to put effort into something and not get the results you had hoped for. It can feel like someone is building your hopes just to dash them. I have seen endless people try to cheat the system because they just need to survive and the system can't provide for all their needs. I don't blame them for this. They are only doing what they need to do to survive. But let's look at a bigger picture here. Often it is hard to find the support and caring attitude from others that isn't judgmental and wrought with expectations that are physically not possible. Well this on-site community offers more than just a free car. It is an opportunity to express the hardship and how it has made you feel with out fear of being judged because everyone is there for the same reason. No, that isn't to get a hand out, but rather to ask for support. A vote is more than a dollar towards a car, it's priceless really, as it is words of encouragement saying, I may not know your exact circumstances, but you found others who care and want to help support you. Yes, the site says "Free Cars, " but the "Charity" is about giving of ourselves to others, and that can break the bonds that keep us asking for help. As we learn to give to others in the form of votes we are learning to give of ourselves to others in much more important ways. We learn to rely on community and that the very community we draw support from relies on our continuous support. How often is it that you find a community of people where they are there to support you? The effort I put into this group may never result in the car I need, but the experience of helping others when I can't afford to give money will always remind me to help others. That is the point of this group, to receive and give support. I look at it as the car being the icing on the cake. So when this group is accused of fraud, then perhaps instead of its members crying foul, and calling that person lazy or a crybaby or whiney, it would do you well to look at where you are in life and realize how many times you have felt beaten up and felt stabbed in the back by promises that haven't come true. I know a car isn't promised, but for far to many, any hope can take on that vale. Instead of name calling, let's embrace that person and let them know we are sorry they didn't get that car, but the community is still there and would love to embrace that person and have them back on the site, if for no other reason than to show how many people care for him or her by their vote or a kind word in a message or both. I can't begin to tell you how good it felt for me to tell my story and not be judged but to receive votes and some very kind words from other members. If I never get a car, I will always have that moment when someone said, hang in there. For the members of the site, I thank you so much for your support. It is amazing to log on every day and see the votes and hear the kind words of encouragement, which really helps me, get through the day. For those feeling they were scammed, I am sorry to hear that. I hope however you will come back to the group, this time don't think about winning a car, just realize this community is all about supporting you. I hope you made allot of friends while you were on the site that want to get back in touch with you. If you found yourself without a lot of friends, I want to personally welcome you back as my friend, and you have my vote of support. If you just need a listening ear or a word of encouragement, I would encourage you to reach out to the members, and ask for a kind word each day. I will be happy to do that if asked. Sincerely: TonyZimmerman
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   melmatmelkat +1 Votes
Free Charity cars is not a scam. I was one that recieved a car. I got a phone call. The sent me title with my name. I transferred the title to my state to get it licensed and got insurance. I faxed them the proof and a few days later picked up my car. I never sent FCC a single sent.

My sister was also a reciepent of a car. And her story is the same as mine.

We have no connections with anyone at FCC we signed up voted daily and patient.
 2nd of Oct, 2010 by   Whatitis 0 Votes
Was a member of the site but with no luck! Did tons of promoting and making "friends" and voting but nothing! Found this link, good grief! Charity or not? No wonder no one is being helped!!

7th of Oct, 2010 by   melissa in nj 0 Votes
i was just block by fcc b/c i feel it is a scam. all the links do is reroute u to cast votes and donate money... i dont have any, i use the free internet at dunkin donuts, and when i placed a concern asking their validity the told me i was a scam and a fraud and even title the email to me with "we dont like you"... thats how charity works huh, i will be quite ok without it, i contacted oprah and montel myself and they r very interested in hearing my experience as a site member, and i"ll probably get a better car that way. i also turned them into the proper agencies handling these kinds of complaints. the people i have seen recieve the cars have beautiful homes in the backdrop and are older ppl who probably r retired and stuff. so not only will i not cry myself to sleep over this, but i will have to do what good old americans do, work... hopefully the immigrants dont take my job.
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   Sweet as Cherry Pie 0 Votes
Not everyone can get a free car! Just because you did not get your free car does not mean that freecharitycars.org is not helping others. Frankly I am happy you did not receive a free car, at least I know the system is working on their site and they are not just giving cars to any greedy, spoiled brat. Sometimes you have to work for what you want. You spent all your money on a POS car that is nobody's problem but your own. No body owes you anything! So get a job, take a bus, and buy a new car. If you have any common sense at all you would of had a mechanic look at the car before you bought it. Good luck walking! Enjoy the nice scenery!!
 9th of Oct, 2010 by   Oakland1 0 Votes
Racist b!!!
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   Mister Consumer 0 Votes
The freecharitycars.org website reads more like a MLM ponzi scheme, less like an outright scam. Still, it looks super shady.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   Jaycee101 -1 Votes
SCAMMMMMM!! ALL THE WAY!!!
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   micah clayne -1 Votes
I know several people that have accounts frozen, etc., that have worked hard and promoted and done ALL the things they say to do on this site!
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   micah clayne -1 Votes
I have created a website on EBlogger.
It is called http://myfccjourney.blogspot.com
Copy and paste this and the web will take you to my site.
I have several shares there, and it shows how many things work there. YES! there are vechicles awarded, it DOES happen, HOWEVER, there are many unfair things that happen along the way for many, such as my girlfriend and I that worked the sight tirelessly, day and night, holidays, e tc, vote, vote, vote and we had our accounts frozen at the new year2011. We were both devastated! We had both forfeited HOURS of time with our families and loved ones, for NOTHING! There is a "group" of people tha basically run this site and I'll tell you right now, if you aren't somehow "one of them" well, the bst of the best of luck is all that I can tell you!!! Oh yes, I would absolutely LOVE to talk to Oprah and Montel, etc!!! Just please go visit my blog and I also have my facebook that links back and forth. I have the same username and email as I have here. Thank you for reading~
(I would like to add that there are very happy people that have won vechicles and I am happy for you all, but let the ones who were treated wrong speak their peace too.) It is our right.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   micah clayne -1 Votes
Oh, and I apologize for all of the spelling errors above on my post. Speaking about my FCC experience gets me very emotional and I guess my mind goes faster than I can type at the keyboard.
My friends and I were lied about, falsley accused on the FCC site. We were accused of having FAKE ACCOUNTS, multiple accounts, whatever. I have blogged alot that I shared the webpage info on above, but I am getting ready to address the information on our friends that came to wrok with us to help with our voting.
People that complained about us saying we had fake accounts GLADLY took our votes and TRANSFERS! They loved that, but they wanted ALL of the votes taken from us that they voted. Yeah, real fair, eh? Yet to this day they have OUR VOTES that we worked hard and took relentless hours to do. No one needs to try and tell me ONE THING about how to work that site. I know all about it!!!
More later. If you wish to talk with me, please feel free to contact me on here. FCC needs ACCOUNTABILITY, that's what they need!!!
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   micah clayne -1 Votes
Oh~ and if you say one thing about FREE CHARITY CARS.org, someone is right there to defend them from their group I speak of. If you try to say one thing about being treated unfairly, they say you are lying, complaining, whining, being a crybaby, etc.
We have a right to speak our truths and experiences the same as the people that have a positive experience there. I would NO WAY spend time telling these things if it weren't true. If I can save anyone from the heartache we experienced, you bet I will! And to those of you who do not like it, like you have told us, minus the swearing we have experienced at us, GET OVER IT! Micah
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   m3lvia +1 Votes
I have watched huindreds of people recieve a car, one personally in my home town...this is not true freecharitycars.org is for real!!!
I love you Brian Menzies!!!
melvia greenier
Maine
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   milodeke +1 Votes
Micah I think it is time for you to let go and move on. This is just another classic case of another disgruntled member. The sad thing about this is your behavior directly affects thousands of people in need. What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Is it some sort of backwoods vigilante justice that you desire? You said on your blog Sandy got a car outside of FCC so why not move on down the road then? Whatever happened is done and over with. The sites programmers proved that you and Sandy were gaming the site using multiple accounts to cheat the system to get ahead of other members so your accounts were blocked. That is a TOS Violation and you got what you deserved. Free Charity Cars has changed the lives of many people, including my very own. No good will come from what you are doing. You will reap what you sow.

18th of Feb, 2011 by   micah clayne 0 Votes
These last two posts are members from part of the "group" I have spoken so much about on FREE CHARITY CARS.ORG
I have a right to post the truth about what happened to my friend and I. YOUR TRUTH IS YOURS AND OUR TRUTH IS OURS.
YES, I M SURE THAT THE TWO OF YOU LOVE BRIAN MENZIES! I WOULD PRACTICALLY THINK THE MAN WAS GOD IF I WERE TREATED LIKE YOU SELECT PEOPLE ARE, but reality is this, not all get treated like you two and you both know it. If you would want to say anything otherwise, you are both lying and you know what I am saying is the truth.
Sincerely, Micah

I see that FREE CHARITY CAR members are commenting nasty to my free speech and mentioning that I need to LET GO of what I am saying about this organization. My friend sandy and I were WRONGED and I have to right to make it be known, If you don't like this, FCC members, too bad. You cannot silence me. I have that right to expose my experience. Maybe you need to consider stopping following me on the internet! Who REALLY maybe needs to LET GO? Ditto.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   noitall_mom 0 Votes
From what I have been reading people who don't like the charity for car site use we have to vote for others as their biggest complaint. Are you that self absorb that you think you should just sign up and do nothing and get rewarded while there are thousands of us out there needing cars and some I can promise are in need of one more then you or I. I will admit I was unaware of the other charity that these people do, but think it's great that they do it. Another thing the people who run the site are the first to tell you they have cars checked out before they are given away, if they have problems they are not given away, but instead scrapped. Now does anyone realize how much a mechanic cost? or how much other stuff cost to run programs like these. I would much rather they scrap a car that would even worse for a person/family to have and use the money to either make small repairs to vehicles that will help a family or to help with the cost that they have going out.
I started this before realizing that the biggest complainer is a person that got banned from the site (which is a very hard thing to do), because her and her friends were harassing others on the site and chasing others away.

Holiday Safety Tips 2009