logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove
Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
2. (5 mins ago)
nobita
bad effect for my child
3. (9 mins ago)
worldhealth.ca
Reps are liars and told bullshit about their services
4. (9 mins ago)
ACS Legal Group / Advance Cash America
ACS Legal Group Scam
5. (17 mins ago)
Bovada
Cheating honest people out of money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Frederick J Hanna and Associates, Roswell, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - debiting monies from my checking account

Frederick J Hanna and Associates Contacts & Informations

Frederick J Hanna and Associates

Posted:    tary@cox.net

debiting monies from my checking account

Frederick J Hanna and Associates
1427 Rosewell Road
Roswell, Georgia
Phone: 770-916-9220
This firm has debited a total of 500.00 from my checking account. I did reluctantly agree to allow a ach debit on my checking account in order to start a settlement on a Bank Of America Credit card account. This firm told me they would take 100.00 out on Feb 9, 2009 the monies were not debited until the 17th. They then sent me a letter they would debit my checking account 400.00 on the 27th of Feb. After doing research and realizing I had made a big mistake I tried to get my bank to stop all payments. My bank said they could not stop payments on a ach debit the request to stop has to come from the company. All this took place on March 2, 2009 at this time this firm had not as yet debited my checking account as they had agree to do on the 27th of Feb. I then tried to close out my account and attempted to reopen a new account. On March 3 I received notice that this firm had debited 400.00 out of my checking account this left me with not only a negative balance but overdrafts on other purchases that had taken place prior to the 27th. I now have two bank accts. one is showing overdrawn. What can I do to get my money back and get this ach debit stopped it seems like Frederick J Hanna is going in and taking money when they feel like it.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2009 by   a bill collector 0 Votes
the firm is porcessing the payments on time however the banks clearing house is taking a long time to approve the payments. If the money is set to be there, then dont spend it. thats why they are calling you in the first place. poor money management on your part.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   keepinthefaith 0 Votes
Fredrick Hanna's office is under investigation for their unlawful collection practices. Google the AJC article from Mid march. It will give you the name and number of the Commissioners office. They are taking Hanna to court on March 30th to demand information on their accounts. Guy talks like he is above the law. They also went in and wiped out our account since my husband lost his job. Even when we kept in contact. They prey on people that they don't think will fight them. Read the article and contact the names listed, I am. Good luck and be blessed.
 3rd of May, 2009 by   I won't be bullied 0 Votes
I thank "keepthefaith" for that information. I have had exactly the same problem with these scumbags also on a BofA account. I tried to work with the Hanna crowd and did give them authority to debt several payments of $200 from my bank account. I was trying, in good faith, to make good on my debt. I then told them that I had hit a wall and to stop the debits after a certain number which we had agreed upon. The man became very abusive, yelled at me, threatened me, and then said that he would no longer debt the payments. He had had his sidekick call me a day or so later to confirm this. She was the good cop in the good cop bad cop vaudeville team. Then 10 days later a debt was taken out. I am so pleased to have the names in the AJC article. I will contact them, as well as the State Attorney General, and see what can be done to stop these people. And B0fA should know that their name is all over what these people are doing. I vote we don't give them any more o four tax dollars to "bail them out" Let them sink. And to that "kind soul" bill collector. You know that sometimes people get into difficuty not because they were irresponsibile but because they had life threatening situations with health or other situations they had no control over. Look at the times, and change your career field. You'll sleep better at night and may even be able to look at yourself in the mirror again. "I won't be bullied"
 28th of Aug, 2009 by   not a dummy2 0 Votes
I agree. I had bad dealings with this company. I live in Georgia. I paid them in full. They confirmed I owed nothing. Then 3 months later they said I owe them. Thank God I kept all of my receipts. Come to find out I over paid them. I hope to get my monies back. I send them certify copies of all check numbers and canceled checks. So far I have not heard anything. I have complaints with the Consumer Office of Affairs. They are determine to get them and refund any monies that is due. The person who said they think they are above the law: they do. They are rude and malicous. They talk to people like they are trash. I hope 2009 is the year they go out of business.
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   ggggoooo 0 Votes
They called me n I agreed to settle, they wanted it all up front. The guy then put his 'supervisor' on the line, who was an idiot. She demanded that I apply for a new cc and pay them with that. I said my credit was ruined, they had seen to that. She told me I was irresponsible, I told her where she could go and what she could do!

I would...NEVER..!!! give those fulls a draft on my acount!! NEVER!!!

They also asked for my ss number. I gave them the case no. They said that wasn't good enough. I said 'you got my name, add, and case nu. I'm ..NOT.. giving you my ss no."

They said 'you think we don't know it?' I said apparently not, or you wouldn't be asking for it! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER@!!! All they really have is the last 4 of it. If you give it to them, they can do anything with it. These clowns are not to be trusted!
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   marcan1984 0 Votes
OMG they have sent me a letter stating they want full payment owed to Bofa and the judgement against my husband will be in default if we don't respond within 30 days. I was going to call them and let them know that my husband was downsized and let go from his job and they could debit my account for 75.00 per month till paid but I have a Bank of America acct. and draw only disability and if that's how they work there is no way on this planet we can be put through all that crud. Any advice on how to take care of this in a better way? We want to take care of this but cannot have them rob me of all my only income each month and going into overdraft with Bank of America.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   jimbo17 0 Votes
In the state of GA only one party has to know a call is being recorded. Threats and intimidation is against the law. Record it. I won't talk to collectors on the phone unless I record it with date and time stamp. You can bet they record and they are the only ones with a record.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   ms tia 0 Votes
WOW! OMG! You people are all sorely mistaken on so many issues! FJH is governed by the FDIC the calls are all recorded and it would behoove a COLLECTOR TO SAY AND DO THINGS TAHT ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE FDCPA!

OF COURSE FJH has YoUr full ss, it is a way to verify you are who you say you arE!!! JUST LIKE YOU CALL THE GAS CO, ELECTRIC CO. AT&T, THEY ASK FOR YOUR SS, AT LEAST THE LAST FOUR DIGITS!!! Sure we are in hard times but if you are in debt its not FJH fault??? Where does personal responsibilty come in????

Yes, bad things happen to good people, however when yo max out a credit card and dont pay the debt " a legal binding contract" surely, you must know the day is going to come when FJH, and yatti, yatti, God only knows
who will be in your ear for the money!

At best, pay our debts, better yet, dont create debt that you do not have a back up plan to cure if push came to shove!! When you set up electronic payments, no that funds are not automatically taken out the day you set it up for, it is requested from you account that set up date, however it is in nine times out ten your bank holding up the funds!
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   ms tia 0 Votes
SORRY! NOT THE FDIC FJH IS UNDER THE LAWS OF THE FDCPA! OOPS...LOOOOONG DAY! LOL
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   Me Me Me 0 Votes
Woke up this morning to see an $1900.00 draft on my checking account and I called the bank to verify what was going on. I was told that the draft was from this company and given a phone number to contact them. I have received NO prior notice and am not in default on ANY payments. I do not use this checking account for anything other than incidental expenses, so there is no way that the account was attached to any regular bill payment center I paid. How can they do this?
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   zzcommss 0 Votes
they are horrible and will treat you like crap, hang up on you and basically try to extort the money out of you even if you don't have it. they lie, cheat, and steal, basically. i have tried to deal with them in a nice manner and that proved to be a big mistake. huge.
i had a feeling they were lying about things so i did record all calls, as my state is a two party state, and it says right when you call that all calls are recorded.
i did some research and found so much info on them, so i called my attorney general's and filed a complaint. the only way they get paid is if you pay them, which is why they will threaten you and say anything to you. maybe they should be out of work, and then some scumbag debt collector can harass them for a change. obviously they have pages and pages of negativity about them online, and i would not suggest even dealing with them at all.
good luck.
 21st of Feb, 2010 by    no more law firms 0 Votes
I am interested in hearing more about this Firm. I recently recieved a notice from them
for collection on a Boa account that The other infamous Atlanta firm Mann Bracken tried to collect but failed when they took it to NAF for arbitration and had the case dismissed back in 2007. This item shouldnt even appear on the credit file let alone being sent out again for collection.(boa wont talk about it) Upon doing some research i noticed a common link between the two agencies... Chris Cooling... any chance some mann bracken accounts ended up Hanna
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   ms tia 0 Votes
Yes in Feb 2010 all the Mann BrackEN acc went to Hanna.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   ms tia 0 Votes
ALL I WILL SAY IS BE VERY CAREFUL GIVING FJH YOUR INFO TO EXTRACT FUNDS FROM YOUR ACC. get a settlement letter when they agree to settle a debt. I n the letter it clearly says you can mail in your payments. They just have to get to fjh the day you agree to make payments.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   ms tia 0 Votes
BOA... A BIG FISH, PEACE OF ADVICE HAGGLE, HAGGLE, HAGGLE, CLAIM BROKE, POOR, NO MONEY, HAVE TO BORROW WHATEVER AND GET THE DEBT KNOCKED DOWN TO 30 CENTS ON A DOLLAR! THE COLLECTORS NEED TO HIT THEIR MONTHLY BUDGET OR THEY DO NOT HAVE A JOB! 35K A MONTH THEY HAVE TO COLLECT! SETTLE ALL YOUR DEBTS A DAY OR TWO B4 OR THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH, I MEAN THAT LITERALLY!!! THAT IS HOW YOU GET THE LOWEST PAY OFF! iF YOU HAVE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS CALL AT THE END OF THE MONTH AND TRY TO GET A LOW PAYOFF, THE DEBTORS ARE LIKE CRACK HEADS TRYING TO HIT THAT BUDGET!
 12th of Dec, 2010 by   Educated123 0 Votes
The firm is governed by the State Bar of Georgia, not the FDIC... the FDCPA is a list of laws against collections.. not an agency of governing. people please educate yourselves and pay your debts. if you can not pay, always ask for an ACCOUNT MANAGER not just the collector's supervisor, the actual manager over the client in that state. You can work out monthly payments and avoid any future legal activity against you. The clients do provide the firm with ALL of your information including and not limited to your social security number. It doesnt matter if you give it to them over the phone or in writing, the company has this information as provided by the client. how else does a john smith not get garnished or sued for another john smith's debt? Let's take a step back and think, people! Pay voluntarily or face legal action as outlined in the terms and conditions on the original agreement from the original creditor. Use the internet to educate yourself rather than to gripe and complaint against someone that you think is doing illegal things, Mr. Hanna does not practice law illegally. He is an upstanding citizen and would never do anything illegal intentionally nor would any of his partners, account managers or attorney's.

EDUCATE yourself BEFORE signing a legally binding contract. Read the fine print & don't be ignorant.
 12th of Dec, 2010 by   Educated123 0 Votes
there is no chris cooling with the firm nor is it true that all of the accounts that were placed with Mann Bracken went to Hanna's Firm.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   Ms. Ellison 0 Votes
I am writting this in reference about Frederick Hanna, they went into my account and took $550 twice, For Bank of America Account.They only supposed to take $125. I am contacting the State Bar of Georgia. They are not taking my money and get away with it that easy. Frederick J. Hannan is a crooked company. I was overdrawn, and insufficent account, I had to cancelled my account, because of this company. Bank of America know this company history.
Ms. Ellison
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   I Hate Bill COllectors 0 Votes
ms tia must work for fjh as she talks like she knows what goes on there. FYI ms tia everything they(FJH) does on the phone mailing letters etc etc etc is illegal you need to really read the laws. LAWS were made so companies like this don't break them. HAVE they yes many many many times and when they get nailed by the state of GEORGIA i will personally be sitting here laughing, when they are put of of business by the state i will throw a BIG BIG party. They are like all the rest of these MORONS that buy debits thinking they are going to collect. People wake up and go read the FTC laws you will see that EVERYTHING they have done is ILLEGAL, and it tells you how to put a stop to ALL of it. Don't take my word for it go read it on the FTC site. I hope atleast this helped SOMEONE
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   I Hate Bill COllectors 0 Votes
OH and FYI from another site

It is time for Frederick J. Hanna and Associates to be SHUT DOWN.

How do we do this?

Complain.

First, to the people who regulate Georgia lawyers:

Georgia Bar Association
104 Marietta St. NW, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
(404) 527-8700
(800) 334-6865
FAX: (404) 527-8717

Second, to the people who protect us from CROOKS in Georgia:

Georgia Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs
2 Martin Luther King Jr., Drive SE, Suite 356
Atlanta, GA 30334
(404) 651-8600

Write letters, tell them what Hanna and his GOONS have done to you. Tell them about the continual calls, calls to wrong numbers, harassing calls, broken contracts, theft from bank accounts, failure to provide documentation of debts and so on.

Posting to the Internet is great, but these agencies need to hear from you directly. Hanna is UNDER INVESTIGATION and has PENDING COURT DATES.

Businessman Helps Police Nab Scammers