Fred Bush Auctioneers

Will Not Refund Deposit

Fred Bush
Beverly Hills, California
Phone: 800-398-0594
I attended an auction conducted by Fred Bush back in 2000 or 2001, to participate in the auction a $300 deposit was required, which I paid. At this auction I did not buy anything and left my deposit as I thought I would likely be attending another auction.

As it turns out I did not attend another auction and only recently had it brought to my attention that the said $300 was still on deposit with Fred Bush Auctioneers.

I have twice requested that the money be refunded. The first time by USPS letter in Novemer and via Email to his company in December. Subsequently I wrote to the Southern CA Auctioneers Assoc (of which they are members) pointing out that this establishement was giving their profession a 'black eye'.

To date none of my correspondence has received a reply, let alone the money refunded. I know that some institutions are required to place unclaimed monies on deposit with the state. Does this rule apply to auctioneers?

Can you help me recover my deposit. Thank you.

Jim Kirkendall
1311 Hitherfield Drive
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us