logo

Hallmark channel
closed-captioning
3. (22 mins ago)
vpfashion.com
The bad-quality and not recommended seller
4. (24 mins ago)
Dog Breeder
bad breeder
5. (26 mins ago)
DS GROUP LLC
Company steals from me and impossible to reach them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Four Seasons Sunroom, Denville, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - Poor quality product

Four Seasons Sunroom Contacts & Informations

Four Seasons Sunroom

Posted:    CrankyCarol

Poor quality product

Four Seasons Sunroom
Denville, New Jersey
I bought a top of the line solarium from Four Seasons. Had some problems with the local franchisee during construction. (They kept try to charge me extra for items in my contract). While they originally promised it would be built in a month, it took 4 months. They would leave for weeks and work on other solariums, then return to mine. However all that misery is not my current complaint. The casement windows are designed to rot. And they did. When I called my local franchisee and told him my problem he replied "I'll get to you when I can get to you." Well it was fall, and one rotted window couldn't close, so I desperately needed to have this fixed before winter. So I called a couple local contractors and Home Depot Installation to get alternative bids. (Four Season will tell you only they can fix their window, but since I figured Hell would freeze over before they'd get back to me, I looked for salvation elsewhere.) The bids were all over the place in costs. The lowest and the best guarantee came from Home Depot Installation. As far as response, they came the day I called them. I waited to get the quotes back from the local contractors, who were also responsive about coming out to get a bid. After a week I had four bids for the work, none of them Four Seasons who had yet to come out and even look at my problem. I sent an email off to Four Seasons asking if another Franchisee could work on my solarium because my franchisee couldn't be bothered. That set a slow fire which had a guy show up 30 days after my first call. By that time I had already given up and signed the contract with Home Depot Installations because winter waits for no one. The Four Season guy promises a quick reply and two weeks later, after my new windows from Home Depot had been in for a week and half, their bid came back. With a 70% discount from their regular price I could have the windowns replaced for only $2000 more than the life time guarenteed windwos from Home Depot. Sure am glad I didn't wait for that.

I didn't write my complaint about Four Seasons until I could ensure the replacement windows actually held up. It's been five years now, and all is well. So WHEN not IF your Four Seasons windows rot. Do not be held prisoner and robbed. Home Depot Installations can do the job. Just make sure you demand their best installer for the job. Be sure to call your local contractor as well.

Hope this helps the next poor soul with rotting windows.
I attached an example of the rotted Four season window. When I tried to open it the metal lever separated from the wood and I could no longer close the window. The second picture is the new life time guaranteed windows install by Home Depot

Four Seasons Sunroom Four Seasons Sunroom

Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Four Seasons Sunroom complaints
Four Seasons Sunroom - Bad service

Comments

26th of Jul, 2010 by   Four Seasons of Denville 0 Votes
We are the Four Seasons franchise located in downtown Denville, NJ. Please be aware that each franchise is INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED, and as there are several Four Seasons franchises in the state of NJ, this complaint does not specify which franchise gave her poor service. We do not know who "Cranky Carol" is and have no recollection of this situation coming from our franchise. We are family owned and operated and have been in business since 1987. We pride ourselves on our customer service.

Watch for Online Cons on Cyber Monday