Posted:

Fraud & cheating!

Midwood, New York
Phone: 800-457 0889
www.fotoconnection.com
I made the mistake to go online to buy a digital camera to replace a stolen one. What a world! I found on google search engine fotoconnection.com to have the camera that I was looking for at an attractive price. Once in fotoconnection.com I checked carefully the content of the purchase, so I decided to place my order.

The next day it was weird because they sent to me around a dozen of emails asking me to confirm my order, telling me that I had two choices and needed to call them as soon as possible, then another message saying again they were out of stock, and again more messages inviting me to confirm my oder again. I thought It was weird and crazy; however, good practice to ask clients to confirm orders by phone to make sure there is no crime involved in the purchase.

In fact this is one of the many emails as they sent it to me:

Dear Ramon,
Thank you for your order. In order to promptly process your order, please call me Jack at, 800-457-0889 Ext. 2032. to confirm your order information, in order to ensure prompt delivery of your order.
I am available Monday Thursday 9:30 AM EST 8:00 PM EST Time
Sunday and Friday 10:00 AM EST - 6:00 PM EST Time
Order #: 369098
Account ID #: Invoice Number: 278691
Placed on: Jan/11/08

Continuing with my experience. I had decided to call them to find out was going on, and I had made my mind to cancel, or if the had the camera I would order it; so I called Jack. I confronted an uncomfortable and scary experience by phone. I asked him if they had the camera in stock and he said, 'yes we do' then he started to offer me more accessories as batteries and memory cards on sale for the camera.

As I had already checked them out on the website; but couldn't afford them. Therefore my answer was 'No thank you I want just the camera itself' He said well the camera doesn't have memory card. I said ' Yes as you advertised it, it has one with less memory' Then he replied 'No it doesn't have any'. Then he asked 'Do you speak Chinese' and I answered 'No, I speak Spanish' Then he continued 'the camera has instructions and functions in Chinese'. I got upset and responded to him ' I want you to cancel my order, please' He got mad and replied well I am going to take 20% of the price from your credit card because you are canceling an order'. I told him that is not fair because they had not packed yet anything for me. And he ended the phone conversation sarcastically saying 'Sure we will' and hanged up.

I got very worried about them having my credit card number, so I immediately called to report my credit card, and decided to cancel right away that credit card. It seems that I was faster then they were. I already review in this site other fraud reports against http://www.fotoconnection.com. I just want to report them, so somebody may help to prosecute them for being cheaters, liars, thieves, scammers and so on on the internet.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

FotoConnection.com - These guys are definitely thieves and liars
P.O. Box 300425
Midwood
Phone: 1-800-457-0889
www.fotoconnection.com

This company already cheated us out of a battery on our original order. I kept on emailing them over and over until Joe Grant agreed to send me my battery. I had to pay the $14.95 shipping. When I got the battery, it was NOT the one we agreed on and it was a generic battery that required a cable be attached each time you use it. He kept telling me it was a better battery and asked that I try it. Probably so I would OPEN it and have to pay a restocking fee for that. He then said I could return it but since it was a "gift" I would receive no refund. Well, thank goodness for my credit card company! I was able to dispute it and get my account refunded and unless they give me a free way to send it back, I don't have to send battery back! These guys give new meaning to THIEVES!!!
 27th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

I have a complaint against the company FotoConnection.com.

I called the company to place an order for a Sony A700 digital camera. The saleperson Jason informed me that all manual and internal instructions on their body only cameras are in Chinese, Japanese or French. But if I buy the much more expensive bundled package, they are in English.

I find this to be misrepresenting since it is not indicated on their website. When I looked up the complaints board, I find similar situations happened to many people.

Shu Ng
 18th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

FotoConnection.com - Suspicious changes on my order!
fotoconnection.comFotoConnection.com
www.fotoconnection.com

I ordered two cameras online, but received and email that I had to call Victor in order for this order to be processed.
Instead he called me and tried to push additional items that were on special and that the camera did not have memory. I already knew that, but he insisted. I told him that all I wanted was the two retail cameras that I placed the order for and his response was that these camera were Japanese and not retail. At this point I didn't want the cameras and wanted him to cancel my order. He then recommended that he could provide me with the retail cameras for more money at a discount. I refused and he hung up the phone on me. I later responded to their email to make sure they have canceled my order as requested on the phone and received a reply that they would not cancel by email and that I must call a different number + extension. I tried that number and no answer. Something is very wrong with this company and people should stay away.

To prevent possible fraud and the fact they have my credit card information, I have canceled my card so no unauthorized charges are to be processed.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
100% correct! I had the same experience with them. My CC company declined it because of a security issue.
 4th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hi,
I asked a friend to purchase a camera for me as www.fotoconnection.com does not accept international credit cards.
Their website offers a seemingly great deal as you will see from the link. http://www.fotoconnection.com/p72218-panasonic-dmc-fz18k-black-package-1-uv-filter.html
You will also notice that it clearly mentions thats 'whats in the packages' is

Panasonic DMC-FZ18K Lumix 8.1 MP Digital Camera with 18x Optical Zoom, Intelligent Auto Technology, 28mm Wide-Angle LEICA Lens and 2.5" Diagonal LCD in Black (included with the main item plus all the items below):
• Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
• Battery Charger
• USB Cable
• A/V Cable
• Lens Cap
• Lens Hood & Adaptor
• Wrist Strap
• Software CD-ROM (Lumix Simple Viewer, PhotofunStudio, SILKYPIX Developer Studio, ArcSoft MediaImpression, ArcSoft PanoramaMaker USB Driver)
• User Guide

BUT soon after placing the order and giving the credit card details we got a call from TOM insisting that there is no battery provided with the pack. TOM kindly agrees to provide abattery for $ 79 only/- WOW. Except when we receive the package the manual states that as part of the standard accessories is SURPRISE SURPRISE YES YOU GUESSED IT THE BATTERY THAT WE PAID $79 FOR. Now I assume that since I paid $79 additionally I should have got 2 batteries right? But no. TOM tells me 'forget the other battery' and if you want your money back i'll give you a dollar.

Not only that but the Full size tripod is a MINI 6 in high it fits on my palm. YAY.

So tell me what action can be taken against such a company? How is it still fi=unctioning after all the complaints against it?
 7th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

FotoConnection.com - Theft
www.fotoconnection.com

Fotoconnection.com stole my money, never delivered the product I ordered, I called I either got cursed out, hung up on or simply placed on hold. I paid 50.00 overnight shipping and was told it was scheduled to be delivered on 05-02-08 order was placed on 04-29-08. I asked for a tracking number, they refused, I called and cancelled, they said I never placed an order, even though their website is on my bank statement for charges, crooked company...BE SCARED...BE AFRAID...VERY ARAID . Me and my husband can’t seem to find any help, I am wondering if the government is involved. I cannot believe that is has become legal to steal!!!
 9th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Well, having had a bad experience with another online retailer I went looking for another Rebel EOS XTi body. I ran across FotoConnection, and saw the price of $449.00 for the body and went hmmm.

I called up and asked if the item was in stock. Yes it is. YEAH! I asked the current price for the camera body, and was given the same price.

Of course, this took about 2 minutes, it was confusing, the item was in stock, but it took the person that long to find the price out.

Maybe he is having a bad day, or his computer is lagging. Ok, I would like to purchase one. Ok sir, we can do that.

I am put through to another individual, with much noise in the background, leading me to think of a boiler room operation. "Yes, I would like to purchase the Canon Rebel XTi." I am then asked "Would you like the 2 or 4 hour battery with that?"

"But, a battery comes with that." "Yes sir, but it lasts only 15 minutes." "Oh, did I forget to tell you that I already own a Canon EOS XT and KNOW that the battery lasts more than 15 minutes? I can see that you are like a few other places on the net, thank you, have a nice day!"

This would be a very good company to REALLY do you homework on.

Yes, let the buyer beware!
 9th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

They offered a good price and "free shipping" on a Weber S-650 grill. I ordered it and checked "ground drop" for delivery. I got an email to call them to confirm the order. They said I made a mistake, that anything over 70# cannot be ground dropped, it must be "truck delivery" and it was $299 more.

When I asked why they advertised free delivery on this product, the customer "service" person tried to make me feel like a fool.

I cancelled the order and then got an excellent deal on an updated S-670 grill, and truly free shipping, with TVsDepot.
 15th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

FotoConnection will offer a price on the camera or whatever that makes them first on list for cheapest price. But the reality is their not. In my case they called on my order and suggested the battery that came with my Lumix tz5 was woefully lacking in capacity and took 12hrs to charge but for $40 more I would receive a battery that had a great charge & super fast charger. The truth was it was the battery & charger that comes with that camera. When you call their customer service they will give you a variety of answer of why the cheat, when it’s obvious add the battery price and you get a so-so deal that's far from the top prices offer.
 20th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

I ordered a camera, supposedly in stock. Moments after ordering, a salesperson called to try and sell me the battery that goes with the camera. I told him I did not need a battery, that online at their website, it said that a battery was included "in the box". Then he tried to sell me a warranty. I told him I did not need that either. I asked him if the camera was indeed in stock, he confirmed that it was and that it would ship in 24-48 hours. That was May 9. Today is May 19. I have called several times to check order status. On May 15, I was told the camera was out of stock, that the American version, rather the foreign version was available for $30 more. Since the camera was to be a gift, and I was running out of time to get it one time, I asked if it would ship the same day if I agreed for the extra $30. I was told it definitely would and that I would be emailed a tracking number. Today, May 19, I called to cancel the order. After being placed on hold several times, and bounced from one rep to another, I told the very rude guy who finally didn't not put me through to someone else that I needed to cancel the order. He said there was a restocking fee of 15%. I said that was bull- - - - because it never even left their place. He said it did leave but the shipping company lost the package. I asked again about a tracking number, and he could not provide it. He further told me that he went to the bathroom every morning and that it was never bull ---- that came out. I was really ticked then. I asked again for the order to be cancelled, I even said they could charge me the 15% restock fee (the camera price including shipping was $269.99) so that would have been about $40. He started rattling off a cancellation confirmation number and told me that my card would be charged $99!!! I told him that he had not done his math correctly. He told me he would charge me what the F - - - he wanted because I was rude to him! Can you believe that? After reading the other complaints, I think FotoConnection gets a kick out of stomping the consumer. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I encourage everyone else who has a bad experience such as this to do the same.
 22nd of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Beware of bait and switch, outright lies about products and additional fees that they add to your order AFTER confirming it by telephone!!!

Report this sham store to the New York ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AT THE WEB ADDRESS BELOW:

They currently have 823 BBB complaints and the internet is full of pissed consumers who have dealt with them. If the Attorney General receives enough complaints they will do a real investigation into this sham business and, hopefully, put them out of business.

I ordered a Panasonic Plasma HDTV -- the total was $886 and change, they called and told me that they would be shipping it, but I needed insurance. I asked if it was required and they guy said "no" but if you pay the $99 shipping fee he'd deliver the TV within 2 days. He then asked if I wanted a wall mount I said "no." Then he told me that I "NEED" a TV pedestal stand because the TV (TH-42PX80U) didn’t come with one. I told him I have a 50" model of almost the same TV and they all come with the same Panasonic Stand. Then he told me that they come with a generic stand and he would sell me the "official Panasonic stand" for $100.00. I said no and he confirmed the order.

Almost a week later, they repeatedly told me to "verify" -- when I finally verified they jacked the price to $1011 and change. I refused. He told me $886 was too low, and that $1, 011 was still a deal I wouldn't be able to beat. There were numerous other sellers with tax and delivery included for around $925 [less than $40 more than their price -- so it wasn't waaaay off]. I wound up purchasing the same TV from sears for $975 total [only $89 better than their promised price and $36 better than what they told me I wouldn't be able to beat]

Losers.
 22nd of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

Fotoconnection called and sent eight e-mails saying they needed to verify accounts, orders, ect. All the while insisting that I needed to order an additional battery. They lied about the battery that comes with the camera. I called back to cancel the additional battery, they said OK but shipped it anyway and charged $69. extra. Ended up paying $258. for a camera they now say they sell for $164. I complained to American Express and they are reviewing the company. The bad part is that I was doing a friend a favour by ordering the camera he wanted on line to save him some money.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

The first thing that was odd was the sales person I spoke with confirming my order tried hard to sell me another battery for my Canon SD950 camera. I had already ordered one from Amazon because the prices were much cheaper for the exact same thing. The sales person lied and said the battery would only last 15 minutes, which is total bull.

When I got the camera, there was no memory card at all, it's supposed to ship with a 32mb memory card, which is too small to use so I had already ordered one on Amazon because the prices were cheaper. When I called the sales person lied and said sometimes Canon ships the cameras without the memory card (another load of BS). I asked how long it would take to ship it to me and he said about 3 weeks. That's ridiculous.

I'm glad I had already ordered a MUCH less expensive memory card and canon battery from Amazon.

Fotoconnection's practices are shoddy. They sell a camera for a low price and then try to gouge you on accessories you may not need.

I was also supposed to get a promotional package that did not come with the camera. But, I have to pay $9.00 shipping for it. Stupid. I don't need any of the stuff anyway.

I will never order from Fotoconnection again.
 5th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

I wish I had seen this consumer site before I ordered from Foto Connection. Their price on their web site for a digital camera (a Panasonic DMC-FZ18) supposedly did cover any accessories which come with the camera, such as battery, charger, etc. They called me, and in a confusing conversation got me to agree on a $49.00 charge for a "quick" charger and upgraded battery. This extra charge got me the accessories that came with the camera anyway! They also switched the SD card I ordered with a more expensive one. I will never order from these scam artists again.
 12th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

I ordered The Nikon 9481 D300 12.3 MP Digital SLR Camera with Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR II Zoom-Nikkor Autofocus Lens for $2000 approx. Free Shipping and several included free items.

They charged me $35 for Shipping and no free items.

They substituted a Sigma Lens of the same description instead of the Nikor.

When I contacted them, they said I agreed to the shipped package and approved the charge to my credit card. Yes, I did, but not for a Sigma Lens.

The web page that I had to approval for Credit card charges and shipment. Conveniently left out the brand of the Lens. The descriptions were near exactly the same as the Nikor Lens that was supposed to come in the Nikon 9481 Kit.

They will not ship me the right lens unless I pay another $700, and pay $45 to restock the wrong lens they sent me.

Discover Card's fraud department is of little or no help, because of the Web page that I approved the shipment.

Watch out for the "Bait and Switch Tactic"
 17th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

We ordered a camcorder n they told us that it comes w/ a battery that lasts 15-30 min. so we went with the upgrade that was $40 more. We waited over 7 days n still did not receive the camcorder. We looked on the internet, then noticed all the bad reviews n got really worried. We started calling to cancel n they said it was shipped already, we received it a week later with no upgrade battery. We called n they said it had been shipped. Now 1 1/2 mos. later we still haven't received it. I called them n they said it came with the camcorder (which is a lie). They said it originally comes with a 1L5 n we got the upgrade 2L5. We called the vendors and they said there is no such thing as a 1L5 and that all the camcorders come w/ the 2L5. I told the guy here that, but he told me that, that person I talked to didn't know what he was talking about and that he can send me 5 tapes for my camcorder for the misunderstanding cuz there is nothing else he can do for me. Well... that's a learning experience and lets see if they really send me those tapes! LOL Dumb :)
 25th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

Sales associate when asked for his name or employee #, decided to cut the conversation and hang up the telephone.

Another unrelated event, the associate is condescending, unhelpful and argumentative with racial overtone. I was trying to obtain a correct shipping tracking number, as the tracking information fotoconnection initially provided was incorrect, the sale associated insisted, I call the trucking company for the correct information, saying "what's difficult about that?." the associate shirks realize his responsibility by insisting the customer's to do it. The same associate, made up fotoconnection's order cancellation policy (within 48 hours of @#*&? I challenged that policy as it's not referenced in fotocconnection's policy.

Fotoconnection advertises that orders will be shipped with xxx amount of time - consider what happened to my purchase. I ordered the merchandise on 6/12/08 with an upgraded shipment

(3 Days Trucking Delivery (3-5 Days):

3 Days Trucking Delivery guarantees that your package will arrive between 3 and 5 days from the date shipped. It is a fully insured type of shipping which includes delivery to your front door or garage and no steps are included Choose this option if you need your oversized package within a certain time period). after all unnecessary delays, which fotoconnection used to pressure sell extended warranties and accessory equipments, the trucking company finally picked-up the TV on 6/23. From the date the order was placed, the estimated delivery is 6/30, a total of 18 days - way to long.

The trucking company picked-up the order on 6/23.
 26th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

"Super super bad customer service. One of representative told me that he's gonna come to my house and put his finger in my XXXhole!!! Unbelievable!!! I was complaining the SD card I purchased transfers files slower than I expected. I was trying to confirm if this is the right card that I ordered or not. (Btw, it is godigi sdcard for my slr camera) its transferring 10 mb/sec not 50 mb/sec as they described. And he said "why don't you keep downloading instead of spending time to call here?" CRAZY!!! No more business with them for me!!!"

Watch out. They have dirty mouth. I’ll report this to police.
 27th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

I could write a book about FotoConnection from my bad dealings with them. I have finally gotten my money credited back to my account. They tried everything to prevent that from happening. They lied to me numerous times, they attempted to commit fraud and use Bait and Switch Tactics. They even threatened to sue me, because I got one over on those a$$holes. In the end I won, but they are still preying on innocent victims. If you do have to deal with them, tape records all conversations. The best advice is to not deal with them no matter how good the deal sounds...or you will end up getting burned.
 1st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.fotoconnection.com

It took 20 days to deliver an item that I ordered online on 6/12/08. Since it took you much time to process and ship my purchase - I am so MAD AT YOUR SERVICE - IT *** A HUGE LEACH. Here is the history of my purchase:

6/12/08 - I submitted order online

6/18/08 - Fotoconnection questioned shipping address questioned as it is differed from billing address

6/18/08 - I corrected with credit company of shipping and billing address disparity

6/18/08 - I informed Fotoconnection that address disparity was corrected

6/23/08 - I contacted Fotoconnection for a shipping tracking #. Customer service associate "Bobby" assured purchased item already in transit. I tracked shipment thru CEVALogistics - shipment was not found - "Bobby" provided incorrect tracking #.

6/24/08 - I contacted Fotoconnection - unknown customer service associate advised that I should contact CEVALogistics for tracking #. Dealing with this associate was very disappointing, as some of associate's comments suggestive of racial innuendo. Call was transferred to customer service supervisor (Kevin AKA Andy) who provided correct tracking number. Kevin guaranteed the shipment should arrive 6/30/08 at the latest.

6/27/08 - Tracking show merchandize was already in LAX.

6/28/08 - (Saturday) No call received from shipper for delivery appointment

6/29/08 (Sunday!) - Shipper/warehouse left a voicemail to call them for a delivery schedule.

6/30/08 - Voicemail retrieved. I called shipper/warehouse to arrange for a Tuesday (7/1/08) delivery.

Your services (customer service, shipping) *** like a huge leach!

Contact Us