logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
2. (0 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Scam

FotoConnection
www.fotoconnection.com
We ordered a camcorder n they told us that it comes w/ a battery that lasts 15-30 min. so we went with the upgrade that was $40 more. We waited over 7 days n still did not receive the camcorder. We looked on the internet, then noticed all the bad reviews n got really worried. We started calling to cancel n they said it was shipped already, we received it a week later with no upgrade battery. We called n they said it had been shipped. Now 1 1/2 mos. later we still haven't received it. I called them n they said it came with the camcorder (which is a lie). They said it originally comes with a 1L5 n we got the upgrade 2L5. We called the vendors and they said there is no such thing as a 1L5 and that all the camcorders come w/ the 2L5. I told the guy here that, but he told me that, that person I talked to didn't know what he was talking about and that he can send me 5 tapes for my camcorder for the misunderstanding cuz there is nothing else he can do for me. Well... that's a learning experience and lets see if they really send me those tapes! LOL Dumb :)
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of May, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Beware of bait and switch, outright lies about products and additional fees that they add to your order AFTER confirming it by telephone!!!

Report this sham store to the New York ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AT THE WEB ADDRESS BELOW:

They currently have 823 BBB complaints and the internet is full of pissed consumers who have dealt with them. If the Attorney General receives enough complaints they will do a real investigation into this sham business and, hopefully, put them out of business.

I ordered a Panasonic Plasma HDTV -- the total was $886 and change, they called and told me that they would be shipping it, but I needed insurance. I asked if it was required and they guy said "no" but if you pay the $99 shipping fee he'd deliver the TV within 2 days. He then asked if I wanted a wall mount I said "no." Then he told me that I "NEED" a TV pedestal stand because the TV (TH-42PX80U) didn’t come with one. I told him I have a 50" model of almost the same TV and they all come with the same Panasonic Stand. Then he told me that they come with a generic stand and he would sell me the "official Panasonic stand" for $100.00. I said no and he confirmed the order.

Almost a week later, they repeatedly told me to "verify" -- when I finally verified they jacked the price to $1011 and change. I refused. He told me $886 was too low, and that $1, 011 was still a deal I wouldn't be able to beat. There were numerous other sellers with tax and delivery included for around $925 [less than $40 more than their price -- so it wasn't waaaay off]. I wound up purchasing the same TV from sears for $975 total [only $89 better than their promised price and $36 better than what they told me I wouldn't be able to beat]

Losers.