logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Australian Wine Index
boiler room wine investment scam
2. (3 mins ago)

Posted:    scammed once

Scam

Forever Grand Vacations
Branson, Missouri
This is a scam. Once they have your money they don't even bother to deny that they can't get you more discounts than the actual website for the product can. You can go on line and get the same thing without them. We actually even found things cheaper. They don't return calls and you can't sign on their site for 10 days but have to cancel in 72 hours if you don't like what you see. Stay away!!!
There are other sites with complaints. Check them out.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Forever Grand Vacations complaints
Forever Grand Vacations - travel club

Comments

26th of Aug, 2009 by   A63 0 Votes
Vacation companies deal with thousands of customers every year.
So you get 2 or 3 customers that are unhappy and they post their comments on the internet.
How do you even know if these people are real customers or just ex-employees?
I would make up my own mind by visiting one of these companies, rather than relying on anonymous sources of information.
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   TMNlawsuit -1 Votes
Forever Grand Vacations was known as Travel More Now until they changed their name in Feb 2008. Before that they were Travel Source Network and before that Travel Source International and before that Players Club International, all owned by James J Kilroy of Branson, MO. The changing of names is not only to protect them from lawsuits but so they can resell members who come back and complain about the former company.
Travel clubs do not work, they do not get deals on airlines or cruises or motels nada, they find the same thing you can find by going on the internet. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   connerzgram -1 Votes
have tried over and over to use our "wonderful" travel discount packages that were allegedly available with this "company" - i can find exactly the same prices they quoted me by myself online - i wouldn't be surprised if their "customer service agents" in india aren't also checking the same travel sites as i am talking to them - this is a total and ridiculous scam - i am currently a member and am unabashedly ashamed that i even fell for this stupid "program". they should be as ashamed as i am for taking advantage of people the way they do...i'm awaiting a phone call to appease me - doubt it will come!
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Deband tom 0 Votes
Check out Grand Design Travel complaints. This is porbably the same company, they have changed names numerous times and ripped off people of thousands of dollars. Folks who were ripped off in Alabama have contacted the Alabama Attorney General to file complaints. I hope everyone files with the Attorney General of their particular state. These folks are the "Bernie Madoff" of the travel industry.
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   DONTCALLMEDUDE -1 Votes
I just posted a reply on another tread relating to this subject. On which I expressed my gratitude that a site like this exists.

Not only that but that there are people out there (like the previous posters) that have the guts to tell every one about frauds like this.

I have done some research on this company (and their many AKAs) and I will continue to do so.

I will post any new finding here.

Thank you!
 7th of Jun, 2011 by   anonymous001 0 Votes
Agrred@!!!
 7th of Jun, 2011 by   anonymous001 0 Votes
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   Robert Florida 0 Votes
I am a member with this company, and I have NEVER been treated the way these people are talking about. My family and I have used it to travel to 7 different states with amazing results. I would encourage you to look for facts about because if you believe everything these people say, when they can anything they want with their I.d. protected...you're missing out! My wife and I did Hawaii for our 50 th through them. It was perfect and we loved everything they did for us!
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   Deband tom 0 Votes
Robert FLorida - you must work for the company, I have filed complaints with the Alabama Attorney General and the Texas Attorney General. Anyone can contact any of the people who complained and get their info. In fact, the website provided to me, www.outriggertravelclub.com is no longer even in service, it only provides vacation info to Hawaii, Figi and a couple of other places, no where near the worldwide vacations I paid $3000.00 for,
log onto it and see for yourself. No one on this site has any ulterior motive in expressing their compaints. What could they possibly have to gain? This company defrauded me out of $3000.00, some people lost as much as $8000.00. I don't know how much you ened up paying for your Hawaii vacation, I hope it wasn't in the $10, 000.00 range.
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   Deband tom 0 Votes
Don't know what happened to my prior post. The last 2 sentences should read: I don't know how much you ended up paying for your Hawaii vacation, I hope it wasn't in the $10, 000 range . By the way, I have tried to contact this company through email, letters and phone calls at least 7 times - I have never received a response. I would be very happy if you would provide a telephone number of someone I can talk to.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   FGV'sascam 0 Votes
One of the selling points of Forever Grand Vacations is the Better Business Bureau's rating of A+ for Travel To Go, the travel agency the are representing. If you want a better idea how the BBB rates this outfit, ask to see the BBB report for Forever Grand Vacations. It's a "C", probably they won't have a print out to show you but you can look it up on the Internet.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   FGV'sascam 0 Votes
Forever Grand Vacations is nothing short of a scam.
 3rd of Sep, 2012 by   Thieves AT FGV 0 Votes
I'm happy to say that we cancelled our membership within the 3 day's allowed and just received "ALL" our money back (credited to our credit card so we don't have to worry about their check bouncing) from FGV including the $350 that their contract states is nonrefundable. They claim this is a fee paid to the state, my response was that I didn't care whose pocket it came out of, I wanted a total refund. When I suggested that I would be spending the next few days in the parking lot passing out copies of FGV's BBB report (it's a C) and copies of consumer complaints posted on the internet to folks coming to their presentation ...presto, they found an extra $350.00 lying around that they decided to give us.

If you haven't purchased a membership, think twice before you do. If you have, do some research on the internet and if you cancel make sure you bring everything back that they gave you including any vouchers for restaurants. I'm not a lawyer but my guess would be that if you have used the restaurant voucher and therefore cannot return everything they gave you, you may not be able to cancel. Are there any attorneys out there who can answer that question?????

It all worked out well for us, unfortunately it seems that many get taken by these... "thieves" is the only word that comes to mind. And I can assure you that Danny is not the smiling happy-go-lucky guy you met during the presentation when you go back to cancel.
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   Happily cancelled 0 Votes
Thanks for the above comments. After reading that and the complaints on this and other websites, we cancelled our membership using the same tactics. If you are considering purchasing into this program, don't walk away, RUN!
 28th of Sep, 2012 by   armyhusband +1 Votes
my wife and I recently stopped by the "veterans welcome center" in branson missouri. expecting to be given info on how to get discounts in branson, we were, unfortunately, unsurprised to get a sales pitch promising $125 just to go see the presentation at forever grand vacations. I wonder if they realize the people bring computers and have access to free wifi in their hotels? But thanks to all your posts i am taking precautions to make sure i dont end up with a enormous charge on our credit card and am also collecting info to bring back to the JAG at my wifes military post. Not only does this sound like a scam but has all the telltale signs of one. Just hoping we get our $125 promised cash!! I just want to warn all veterans, soldiers and anyone possible about this sceem. I have not yet been to the presentation but have a feeling. I will post later after the presentation to provide further info!
 21st of Oct, 2012 by   More about theThieves AT FGV +1 Votes
Forever Grand Vacations' Better Business Bureau rating has been downgraded to "D". The good new for them is that it can't go much lower.
 18th of Nov, 2012 by   Ferrar +1 Votes
My wife and I were cheated out of $2000.00 on 10-04-03 when "Forever Grand Vacations" was called "Travel More Now"
After a presentation by "A-HOLE" Stan Hitchcock, my wife and I were put through a HIGH pressure sales pitch involving Doug Livenett, Linda Messenger, and the then manager Jackie Lowe. We tried to get our money back the next day, but were not successful. We later were involved with a lawsuit against "Travel More Now" by then the attorney General of Mo. Jay Nixon. Jim Kilroy was found not guilty and got out of paying back hundreds of thousands of dollars that he and his cronies bilked out of honest people visiting Branson. I would like to see all of the above named people hung by there thumbs until dead in a public square. This will not happen I'm sure, but everybody they helped cheat out of money will have the satisfaction of knowing that they will "BURN IN HELL" when they leave this world, and I will be at the head of the line. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY PROMOTIONS OR FREE SHOW OR FREE RESTAURANT TICKETS WHEN YOU VISIT ANY INFORMATION CENTERS IN OR NEAR BRANSON !!
 2nd of Oct, 2013 by   Cargar 0 Votes
We purchased a membership November 2012 after a high pressure sales pitch. They said that our time share in Branson was a rip off and they would have a sister company sell it within 6 months and if it didn't sell- they would take the "loss" by selling the Travel2Go membership to us for 3000 instead of 9k+ . They also said that we should profit 4-5k on the sale. We put down either 600 or 800 that day and then when doing our due dilligence after the fact, we felt we had been ripped off but when made calls to recind thr purchase- they said we needed to give our condo time to sell. Then about 2 months later, a man called a few times trying to get me to pay him 400.00 more to put our condo in another program that would increase the liklihood that it would sell. We only owed 4 more years on it. Anyway, at this point I am considering stopping payment 126.00 month and see if they want to chase after me for a membership that I havent been able to use nor did it happen as they presented. At this point they have received over 2000.00 and I have no "real product" so maybe they can sell it to another sucker. Anyone cancelled their contract by stopping payment and if so what were the ramifications? Carrie from Texas
 5th of Nov, 2013 by   EKMiller 0 Votes
I have a question and i don't know if anybody can give me an answer but here goes. My brother & his wife got sucker into this back in the 1st part of Oct and so far they have not paid out any money but the papers they signed was an agreement to a credit card that they have to pay $62.00 a month for 15 month. They have to do this 3 times so they would be paying $62.00 for 45 months. My question is if they have not called them back an activated the card can they still get out of it???? If there is anybody that can help me get some answers please send me an email...ekmill6324@gmail.com asap Thank you, E
 7th of Nov, 2013 by   CINDYMARTIN77 0 Votes
FOREVER GRAND VACATIONS IS A GREAT COMPANY! AS SOON AS I WALKED INTO THEIR FRONT OFFICE THE GIRLS AT THE FRONT WERE SO KIND AND ONE EVEN WENT TO FILL UP MY COFFEE CUP! IT WAS TWO BLONDES THAT WERE WORKING ONE HAD SHORT BLONDE HAIR THE OTHER HAD LONG CURLY BLONDE HAIR...VERY SWEET GIRLS. WE WENT INTO THE PRESENTATION AND ROBERT TUCK DID THE PRESENTATION HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE AND PROFESSIONAL. WE WERE THEN SAT BY A REPRESENTATIVE NAMED TJ...NO PRESSURE AT ALL LIKE THE TIMESHARE PRESENTATIONS WE HAD BEEN TO IN THE PAST...THEY GOT US OUT OF OUR BLUEGREEN TIMESHARE AND ALSO SAVED US A BUNCH OF MONEY ON OUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO COLORADO!! THANKS FROM ALL OF YOU FROM TRAVEL TO GO AND FOREVER GRAND VACATIONS! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!

Health Care Without Insurance: $100 a Month