logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (40 mins ago)
voltexchange.com
They charged me and I haven’t received any bitcoins from them
2. (58 mins ago)
Country Club Dubai
cheaters
3. (1 hr 2 mins ago)
Small Business Finance Center (SBFC)
fraud

Refusal To Issue Boarding Pass

Fly Dubai
United Arab Emirates
booksecure.net
I am supposed to fly today Sunday 14 November 2010 at 07:15 to Bahrain via Fly Dubai. Unfortunately the staff of Fly Dubai Check-in counter refused to issue me a boarding pass. They were telling me that I need to get a Visa, this is not the first time I visited Barhain. I am a Filipino & a resident of Dubai for 5 years now & holding a Visa that will expire on September 2011 sponsored by a Bank in Dubai I am working as Senior Officer - Credit Analyst. It is a practice here in UAE for the Banks use a Generic Title for their sponsorship & my Visa Title is Accounting Clerk / General. The staff of Fly Dubai were telling me that I need to get a Visa because my job title is not in their list. I spoke with a lot of staff there at the airport even with the Dubai Immigration Officers & they tolf me that it is okay for me to travel to Bahrain . I even checked the Ministry of Interior Website of Bahrain (http://www.evisa.gov.bh/index.html) about my eligibility & shows there that I don’t need a visa. I called Bahrain Immigration in Bahrain at Tel No. 00973 17399764 & spoke with Immigration Officer Mr. Ali he said I am eligible to get 3 days Visa upon arrival. I missed my flight already & had a lot of damages on this experience with Fly Dubai airline.

When I was in the airport there were a lot of Fly Dubai passengers with the same issue. I inquired with ither airlines like Emirates & Gulf Air (which i had experience travelling with them before to Bahrain & I never had any hassle) & both were telling to that they will allow me to board their aircraft.

What's worst is that Fly Dubai ticket is non-refundable in cash. This could be one of their tactics to steal money from people looking for a budget airline. How could they refused me to enter Bahrain if even Bahrain Immigration Officer was telling me that I am eligible to enter Barhain.

Fly Dubai Confirmation No. TV2QAM
Comments United Arab Emirates Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2010 by   smurfe 0 Votes
have you ever been to bahrain? if yes you could have shown them your old visas which you got in the airport, sometimes the check-in guys r punch of idiots & no point of agruing with them.

3 Ways Lenders Spy on You