Fly Dubai

Refusal To Issue Boarding Pass

Fly Dubai
United Arab Emirates
booksecure.net
I am supposed to fly today Sunday 14 November 2010 at 07:15 to Bahrain via Fly Dubai. Unfortunately the staff of Fly Dubai Check-in counter refused to issue me a boarding pass. They were telling me that I need to get a Visa, this is not the first time I visited Barhain. I am a Filipino & a resident of Dubai for 5 years now & holding a Visa that will expire on September 2011 sponsored by a Bank in Dubai I am working as Senior Officer - Credit Analyst. It is a practice here in UAE for the Banks use a Generic Title for their sponsorship & my Visa Title is Accounting Clerk / General. The staff of Fly Dubai were telling me that I need to get a Visa because my job title is not in their list. I spoke with a lot of staff there at the airport even with the Dubai Immigration Officers & they tolf me that it is okay for me to travel to Bahrain . I even checked the Ministry of Interior Website of Bahrain (http://www.evisa.gov.bh/index.html) about my eligibility & shows there that I don’t need a visa. I called Bahrain Immigration in Bahrain at Tel No. 00973 17399764 & spoke with Immigration Officer Mr. Ali he said I am eligible to get 3 days Visa upon arrival. I missed my flight already & had a lot of damages on this experience with Fly Dubai airline.

When I was in the airport there were a lot of Fly Dubai passengers with the same issue. I inquired with ither airlines like Emirates & Gulf Air (which i had experience travelling with them before to Bahrain & I never had any hassle) & both were telling to that they will allow me to board their aircraft.

What's worst is that Fly Dubai ticket is non-refundable in cash. This could be one of their tactics to steal money from people looking for a budget airline. How could they refused me to enter Bahrain if even Bahrain Immigration Officer was telling me that I am eligible to enter Barhain.

Fly Dubai Confirmation No. TV2QAM
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United Arab Emirates Complaint category Airlines
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
have you ever been to bahrain? if yes you could have shown them your old visas which you got in the airport, sometimes the check-in guys r punch of idiots & no point of agruing with them.

Contact Us