logo

Employee Complaint

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Fluidity Exercise Equipment Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive infomercial - poor product!

Fluidity Exercise Equipment Contacts & Informations

Fluidity Exercise Equipment

Posted:    Susan Marshall

Deceptive infomercial - poor product!

I am very sorry that I bought the Fluidity. I feel they are very deceptive in their infomercial. They tell you that you originally would pay 6 payments of $39.95. Then they say that if you order, they will take off one payment of $39.95 and you only have to pay 5. Next, they say that the machine comes fully assembled so you don't have to worry about it.

When I called in my order, they told me that I have to pay another $39.95 because they put the machine together for you. So you are back to the original 6 payments. Plus, they don't pay you back the extra $39.95 when you send it back. They also take another $4.00 towards the S&H that you pay for.

As for the DVD, they are not clear on the beginners tape. The instructor is showing you the intermediate stage. The girl for the beginners, is behind her and they barely show her even though there is a separate tape for beginners,intermediate and advanced. I recently read that another consumer hurt her knee because the tape is not very clear in the instruction. I have learned a very costly lesson. Never to buy equipment, unless it is at a store. Ordering it through phone is very expensive. It cost me $74.00 to send
it back!

A VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER!
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2008 by   Leah 0 Votes
Ladies:
Today I saw the commerical and I was about to call and place my order, but something told me to do a online search regarding the Fluidity Bar and this website appeared. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to express you concerrns. It appears that the website saved me some money and time.

Best of luck to you all!
 10th of Apr, 2008 by   Adriana Martinez 0 Votes
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT, I MAY BUY IT! I'm living in Cincinnati, OH so if you close by and you really hated it, I will be willing to buy it for a reasonable price I have been a dancer all my life and now in my 30’s I don’t have the time and I’m to old to attend to a Ballet class. I can see that a lot of people it’s disappointed by this product but I’m willing to try it but not for $400. Do you think that was to hard for you because you dont have a dancer background? Tell me!

Contact me at adryymartinez@hotmail.com
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   Mary 0 Votes
I am so glad I found this site. I was moments away from ordering.
 12th of Apr, 2008 by   Mary 0 Votes
I am so glad I found this site as I was moments away from ordering. I was wondering what the total cost was, since they fail to mention on their informercial.
 13th of Apr, 2008 by   ANGIE 0 Votes
Boy am I glad, I ran into this site. I had an argument with my husband last night over the fluidity, because I saw it on tv just yesterday and fell in love with it, I thought exactly what I need. So I went ahead and ordered it straight away, I must admit I was so shocked at the total cost of it, I didn't think was worth that much money, but I still wanted it. My husband said was another total waste of money like many other contraptions I've bought in the past. Overnight I started thinking maybe he's right how long will I use it for. I woke up this morning thinking I still would like to try it, I thought let me ring and find out how much it will cost me to send it back, they couldn't tell me, and I then realised it's not going to be cheap from Australia, so I cancelled the order much to my disappointment. So I hopped on the internet and thought can I buy it on ebay for cheaper and I come across this complaint site, and I'm so glad I did, I made the right decision. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!
 14th of Apr, 2008 by   Gloria 0 Votes
I was ready to order but was too busy Saturday. I am grateful I found this site. The exercises and concept look great but last thing I need is another hassle and more stress over undiclosed charges etc. or the bar not being what it is supposed to be. The infomercial was never clear on the actual price and shipping which I found to be a concern. I will just head to the gym and get back to my running and some pilates. Or check out other bar options.
 19th of May, 2008 by   LaToya 0 Votes
THANK YOU... THANK YOU.. so much ladies. I so had my heart set on purchasing this system. Thankfully my mother in law told me to do my research. This the third site I has checked out, and up until this one the only disappointment I found was the return shipping cost. Not a problem for me, I thought because I was not intending on returning it. Then the list went on of unhappy customers. It has brought me to the conclusion of not making that purchase for three main reasons:

1. I truly dislike inconsiderate and rude customer service.. (I mean come on.. customer service is intended to make the customer feel at ease.)

2. The website is too vague not very helpful at all.. Hense the reason I had to search or ask relatives what they think in the first place.

3. The possibility of major results on my size 5 body will probably be minimal. paying 199$ to keep my body toned, Yea..no.. I will be looking fot the DVD.
 22nd of May, 2008 by   Marisa 0 Votes
I am very thanklful for all the insight on this product. After seeing the infomertial, I fell in love with the idea of the product and if I would not have found this information, I too, would most likely been dissapointed. I would like to know however if anyone with a complaint on this or not would have any reccomendation on a video or something that you are pleased with using working out. I have about 35 lbs to loose after 2 kids and have not been active at all, so I'm having a hard time getting started, but have a previous backround with gymnastics, ballet, dance, etc as a child and enjoy things of that nature as opposed to the gym and running or the eliptic- that mainly why this product attracted me the most! I would love some suggestions! Thanks!
 27th of May, 2008 by   kathy hullinger 0 Votes
i seen the commercial this a.m. and loving to dance and do the stretches etc i was sold! i was also thinking what a great investment for my future ballernia but...then i called the 800 number and this guy answered...he said, " hey hi what product you calling for?" i told him and he said "well i'm having tech. difficulties so call the number back and get someone else." it felt and sounded like i had called someones home phone not an actual sales area. that got me thining maybe i don't wanna give my cr. card infor over the phone so i came to the web and did a search. THANK YOU. i won't be purchasing this equipt. for all the reasons listed above.
 29th of May, 2008 by   Anna 0 Votes
After watching the infomercial closely I recognize that many if not most of the exercises are almost exactly like those in the exercise program called Callanetics. I used to do these using a book that was published in the 80s but they're available on DVD now. I would like to have something like the Fluidity bar to help with the positioning of some of the exercises but now I'm having second thoughts. Anyway, try Callanetics - the results can be truly astounding.
 30th of May, 2008 by   Donna 0 Votes
A HUGE thank you to all of the ladies who took the time to write in about their experiences with Fluidity. Like so many of you, I also saw the infomercial and thought it would be great to try. Luckily, I, too had the foresight to do a bit of investigating before purchasing. Thank goodness I found this site! To the ladies who suffered the unfortunate monetary losses, I'm sorry. However, please feel good in knowing that you have saved so many others from making the same costly mistake. You're the best!
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   Lori C 0 Votes
I bought this exercise bar thinking I could just return it if I changed my mind, which is what I did. I have plantar facitis and it is very painful for me to walk. I wanted to try something different so that I could do something with Weight Watchers while my tendon healed. However, we unexpectedly had to buy a new furnace and I felt that my purchase of this program was way too frivolous compared to our immediate needs. I did not want to even open the box, because it is the most awkward thing you've ever seen. So I got on the website to find out about returns. There isn't much information. They only said you can return it within 30 days less shipping and handling. You have to email their customer service. They email you back with a Return Authorization Number and an address to put on the box. Well, the thing had already cost me an additional $50 bucks to order. When I inquired UPS of the costs of a pick-up at the house (after all, it weighs about 60 pounds and the box is about 45 inches square by 6 inches thick) the shipping was quoted to be about $130. That is from Maine to Encino, California. So total shipping, from when I ordered it to returning it would actually cost $180 total. Needless to say, that is over half of what the whole thing costs so I might have to keep it. If you are given to impulse spending, please learn from my foolish, expensive lesson. This has cured me for a very long time. I agree with previous reviewers; if you must buy equipment, BUY IT FROM A STORE. It is a lot less hasle. I would so rather walk than use this thing. I wish i had read all of the reviews first before buying it.
 17th of Jun, 2008 by   terry 0 Votes
I feel extremely relieved now. I will not purchase this bar after all your comments.
Yet I am very disappointed Fluidity could not come through for us...Nonetheless, I was looking and hoping to find a site that would offer a different *slant on the product from the consumer side. I, too, felt the misrepresentation once I called in and learned about the additional 5 payments of $39.95, and the *advanced cd for thighs and butt which did not get mentioned during the presentation. Darn, I was truly hoping (even after reading more of the negative reviews) that maybe the bar would treat me differently, that maybe I could get the dream workout I had envisioned so enthusiastically when I saw the infomercial. Now I feel suspended in space, temporarily, until I figure out an alternative replacement to achieve the same goal and objective. I think I will watch the program a few more times and record to memory some of the more compelling movements and design my own workout bar for home...and/or use a darn chair~!!!
 4th of Jul, 2008 by   lucy 0 Votes
I'm glad people take the time to provide their review. It stops people like me from being taken for a ride. Thank you.
 6th of Jul, 2008 by   Carol 0 Votes
Thanks for taking the time to inform us about the problems. I have seen infomercials on this program and on the Core Rhythms program that made both look great. After reading reviews from people who had had major hassles with dealing with these companies, I opted out. It is scary giving your credit card info to people who operate in deceptive ways and can affect you credit if you object to their demands. Now I will always look up products online before I order. The infomercials make me want to order right away every thing is always so great before you send in your money!!
 19th of Jul, 2008 by   Jessi 0 Votes
I wish I would have come across this site before calling to order the Fluidity. It looked great on TV but when I called she smoothly informed me that there would be 5 additional payments of $39.99" plus the first one would actually be $49.99 with shipping and handling and that 'included' the assembly. I was floored! This is false advertising and it should be stopped immediately! Even if they would have said the FIRST installment of $39.99, but that is NOT what they said. I am very upset and would never ever even consider buying any products even vaguely related to this person. Thanks for your comments. I hope others read this site before wasting their time.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Belinda Barron 0 Votes
I don't have a complaint. I just have a comment. After watching the Fluidity video I noticed the movements are very similar to Callenetics by Callan Pickney which also involves a bar but it can be any bar as long as you follow the instructions and it is safe to use. I used something already in my home. her book and DVD can be bought in any bookstore or Amazon.com. It's worth looking into to see if you think what I think.
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by   Brenda 0 Votes
I'm glad I decided to check on the internet before I called in to get Fluidity. I actually logged on because the commercial only said one payment of $39.95, but never told the total cost, or number of payments. They are really pushing the "free trial."

I probably would have gotten it and ended up keeping it to avoid return costs and shoving it in a closet! Thanks for your input!
 9th of Aug, 2008 by   Zandra 0 Votes
Thanks to everyone for the comments. They are the reason I'm NOT going to purchase the Fluidity. Think I'll check out the Callenetics by Callan Pickney as mentioned by Belinda and avoid the Fludity pricing scam. I can assemble anything.
 11th of Aug, 2008 by   Lovelace 0 Votes
wow. i watched the program like the rest of you and was really looking forward to ordering the product. but after reading the good and bad reviews I don't want to invest in a company that doesn't sound like they take the time to show customer concern. what a dissapointment. o well this isn't the end. I can always get a pull up bar bar drill it to my door and go from there. that way i can use it for excerise and a knight stick if someone tries to break in.(lol) life is what u make it, it just like these reviews has it's up's and downs.

Will the Lottery Fund Your Retirement?

Latest Groups