logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (1 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (2 mins ago)
PCH Games
can't redeem tokens
4. (7 mins ago)
ADP Total Pay Card
False information/Inability it access funds
5. (11 mins ago)
trynulexa.com
They continued to take money from me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Fluidity Exercise Equipment Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive infomercial - poor product!

Fluidity Exercise Equipment Contacts & Informations

Fluidity Exercise Equipment

Posted:    Susan Marshall

Deceptive infomercial - poor product!

I am very sorry that I bought the Fluidity. I feel they are very deceptive in their infomercial. They tell you that you originally would pay 6 payments of $39.95. Then they say that if you order, they will take off one payment of $39.95 and you only have to pay 5. Next, they say that the machine comes fully assembled so you don't have to worry about it.

When I called in my order, they told me that I have to pay another $39.95 because they put the machine together for you. So you are back to the original 6 payments. Plus, they don't pay you back the extra $39.95 when you send it back. They also take another $4.00 towards the S&H that you pay for.

As for the DVD, they are not clear on the beginners tape. The instructor is showing you the intermediate stage. The girl for the beginners, is behind her and they barely show her even though there is a separate tape for beginners,intermediate and advanced. I recently read that another consumer hurt her knee because the tape is not very clear in the instruction. I have learned a very costly lesson. Never to buy equipment, unless it is at a store. Ordering it through phone is very expensive. It cost me $74.00 to send
it back!

A VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER!
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2007 by   J. Lee 0 Votes
I totally agree about with this comment on Fluidity. I purchased it after seeing the infomercial for months. It was so enticing. It was a bunch of lies. You can do this workout with a chair. I found the bar awkward and uncomfortable for many of the positions. The videos were boring and didn't change very much from beginner to advanced. They use of the bands and ball are minimal and would be more effective in another workout.

I tried using the bar twice before deciding to return it. They advertise it as a risk free trial. That was a lie. They don't want you to try it they want you to buy it. They expect that most people will keep it because the cost to return it is crazy.

I lug this heavy bar to may car in the snow and take it to the shipping co. only to find out that my measurement was off by an inch. Instead of $40 to return it it would be 80. The post office quoted $120. Add that to the shipping to send it to me and I have wasted $120. That is a risk. The bar is valued at $200 so I kept it.

I called customer service only to be yelled at by many different people and told that return shipping was my issue. I asked if it could be shipped to me for $40 why can't I return it for $40n(in my opinion $80 is still a lot to try this stupid thing). They ship it at a bulk company rate that individual can't get. I reported them to the BBB in California. They received no response from the company so my complain was closed.

My advice is save your money and go for a walk.
 10th of Oct, 2007 by   Judi King 0 Votes
I bought a Fluidity bar in July 2006 and agreed to the 5 $39.95 payments. Fifteen (15) months later I receive a letter in the mail from a collection agency for Fluidity stating I owe $79.95 for the balance. I have been trying to call the 1-866-831-2913 # for the last 3 days "at least 20 times each day with the phone being busy each time" I was NEVER notified that I owed anything * not only that, what kind of company waits over a year to contact the customer.

From what I am reading on the net regarding this product it seems that this Company or what ever you want to call it do NOT know what they are doing.

I am very disappointed in this product anyway & one I have to deal with their ineptitude of how a business is ran. If anyone knows of a class action suit that may be going on please forward it so I can join.
 6th of Jan, 2008 by   Elvira Kuhn 0 Votes
I saw the infomercial on Jan 2007 for the first time. I do Pilates and the movements I saw on the infomercial were intriguing and knew right away I wanted to incorporate them into my routine. I tried the stretches on my own right away. I love the stretches, I love the way I feel after going through these moves. I don't need the bar though. I use the edge of my kitchen table, a heavy wood, strong and immovable by these exercises.
I sympathize with your complaints. Their claims for the buyer to be able to return it sounds totally deceptive and dishonest. I would have to agree that integrity is lacking in the way the business is run .
Ms. Austin and the company have had ample chance to respond to customers, I would think by now. Otherwise, in the meantime, there are those of us who have to contend with attaching negative thoughts to the word "FLUIDITY."
Good business has always had that underlying win-win for both the business and the customer. That will never change. Obviously, in this case the scammed customer loses. But, on the other side, maybe not so obvious, because losing is not always measured in terms of dollar signs, Fluidity and company takes the bigger portion of the losing end.
 16th of Jan, 2008 by   Alexandra 0 Votes
Actually, I have no problem with the bar. I think it's a good workout and I like doing the pull-ups and stretches with it. However, the video/instructor SUCKS!! She does the moves so fast, even on the beginner DVD, which like the reviewer stated, isn't really beginner at all. The beginner girl is out of view and the instructor is doing intermediate!! WTF?! I could see somebody easily getting injured because there is no instructional DVD or anything, and even on the "beginner" DVD, she demonstrates how to do the moves for literally 1 or 2 seconds!! It got to a point where I had to pause it after every single move, just so I have time to see how exactly I'm supposed to do it.

And, the way they sell is is indeed shady from the very beginning... asking for $10 more to process it within a week instead of 3/4. If you return it, you will still be out the money of the bar, because of all the shipping charges. Sucks that a product which could've actually been good, has been marketed in such a way.
 20th of Jan, 2008 by   Tiffany 0 Votes
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, this has helped me to decide NOT to purchase this item. By you, posting your experiences, does hurt the company, they can and are loosing my business. Have a great 2008 ladies.
 20th of Jan, 2008 by   Sarah Walters 0 Votes
I am glad that I ran across this website while researching Fluidity. I have seen the infomercial for months and have always been intriqued. While on the website, I couldn't even find the shipping charges. I guess you have sign up with your credit card and then they hit you with that. Did someone say $70 bucks? Now I have decided not to invest in the product. I thought I might be able to purchase the advanced dvd for cheap on ebay since some of you said that you don't need the bar.
 21st of Jan, 2008 by   Carrie 0 Votes
DISAPPOINTMENT!!! I was really into this product when I saw it. I have been trying to order it online all morning, but have not been able to get to the order page because of its security certificate. I never was able to find a price on it at all, so I started to search the net to see if there were any reviews with a price on it. I found this and some other sites that don't have good reviews about it. What a great product with such bad things attached to it. I would love to get the bar but want to have a good DVD and customer service to go along with it. So needless to say I will not be purchasing this item. I am very disappointed though because I know it will be a great workout and give the resluts I want if it had all the great things to go along with it. The company really needs to work on its site issues and its customer service issues. The one thing they need to learn is that word of mouth will bite you in the butt every time, even if it is a small one!!
 27th of Jan, 2008 by   R. Forsythe 0 Votes
I am so glad you made this site. I was consitering making a purchase but will save my money. Thanks.
 30th of Jan, 2008 by   Bobette Nelms 0 Votes
I was going to purchase this bar and now I am having second thoughts.
 30th of Jan, 2008 by   J. Sardinia 0 Votes
I hope the company finds this site and learns how many customers they've lost. I called to order the product this morning, though I was a a bit hesitant because the infomercial never stated the full cost of the package. Ultimately, the bar, et al, was going to run me $199.00 after the trial. The shipping was going to be nearly $60.00 unless I wanted to wait 3-4 weeks, in which case I'd only have to pay $49.00. When I asked the cost to return the item if I was unhappy with it, the rep. told me this whole line of bunk about how it would cost me less than $49.00 to return ship it.
 31st of Jan, 2008 by   Kathleen K 0 Votes
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I Love Pilates and was excited when I saw the Fluidity bar on the ivillage tv show, from what the explained it is a step up from Pilates. I had planned on ordering until I found this site. I NEED to have a good dvd for me to be successful in a program. The price is rediculous, this company has a good concept but they need to step up, fix the problems and retrain the customer service reps. They also need to rethink the price. Again thank you for taking the time to rate this product it has saved me money and disapointment.
 10th of Feb, 2008 by   sharon brown 0 Votes
I am so happy that I found this site since my aunt and myself were going to purchase this equipment. I would have been so disappointed to find out that I was going to be taken. Thank you very much for the information. Sharon Brown Fl.
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   Carol James 0 Votes
Like the others I am glad I found this page. I too , had called about buying this product. My granddaughter takes gymnastics classes and I thought this product would be great for strengthening her body and give her more poise. After reading these coments I have changed my mind. To much money for so much uncertinty.
 15th of Feb, 2008 by   Martha Mahe 0 Votes
I am so glad I found this site. I was just seconds away from purchasing the fluidity bar, as a matter of fact I just hung up on the customer service agent right in the middle of ordering this product. While they put me on hold I was reading all the reviews on this site. I'm so relieved. I definitely will not purchase from a company who cons millions of innocent consumers saying this product is risk free money back guaruntee but in reality they will suck all the money out of you, and leave you with nothing. Fluidity really needs to consider selling this product in stores so people don't lose out on the expensive shipping, and get stuck w/ a product they don't want that will just sit and collect dust! Thanks everyone for the feedback, you saved me alot of time and money!
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by   susan 0 Votes
great to hear about this product. I was going to purchase it also but I won't now that I have read the comments...thanks!
 29th of Feb, 2008 by   Laura 0 Votes
Thanks for the info ladies. I was watching this infomercial this morning and thought that this looked like a good product. The moves and streches reminded me of 'Callenetics'. It is very similar and you need a balance bar in order to do them. I was going to purchase the bar for this purpose. Thanks for the warnings.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by   Patrice 0 Votes
Thanks for the information! I visited the Fludity site just before coming here and was very close to buying it. It looked like it was too good to be true...
 8th of Mar, 2008 by   Mony 0 Votes
Thank you for posting about your experience. I was moments away from buying into the Fluidity system when the actual cost (5 payments of $39.95 was not mentioned on the tv infomercial I watched!!!) and the outrageous shipping fees gave me pace. A little research brought me here. A little more research helped me come up with what may be a far less risky method to try a ballet bar workout. I'm going to buy a $20 removable doorway chin-up bar and install it at ballet bar level. For DVD's I may try a Fluidity program from ebay or rent another ballet type workout like The Bar Method from my netflix account. Now I consider $20 a risk free way to try a bar workout not $120!!
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   amanda 0 Votes
Thank you all so much! I was about to order this product because in theory it makes perfect sense...I enjoy Pilates and Yoga and felt that this would be the perfect compliment to my work-out routine. I don't need the hassle of this company, I know how to stretch and I'd just as soon keep my money! I really appreciate you folks sharing your experience. Too bad that the company doesn't realize the true impact of poor and deceptive customer service.
 29th of Mar, 2008 by   mary 0 Votes
We live in the time of the "deceptive infomercial"...beware. The companies assume we are idiots and they seem to get away with screwing us over and over again. I wait until the product can be bought at a retail store. That way I can take it back that same day and make sure these rip-off companies do not have my c.c. number.
I wanted to buy this product but so glad to have this site and read what everyone has to say. I have been fooled by the Bean and the Leg-shaper, but I will not be fooled by this product. Thank you for your comments.

Protect yourself with Automatic Fraud Alert