logo

LK Jewelry Designs http://www.promolk.com
Horrible Quality Ring, Worse Customer Service, RIPPED OFF
2. (1 hr 46 mins ago)
Jenna, the Astrologer
Don't fall for her emails
3. (2 hrs 11 mins ago)
Unauthorized charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Florida Power and Light, Holly Hill, Florida Complaints & Reviews - No compassion/unserstanding

Florida Power and Light Contacts & Informations

Florida Power and Light

Posted:    Radar

No compassion/unserstanding

Florida Power and Light
1315 Florence Ct
Holly Hill, Florida
Phone: 3862122456
I'm writing for a disabled friend who has a letter from a doctor stating she is on oxygen yet the power company shut her power off due to non-payment of bill plus to generate a little more profit in their pockets late yesterday. Meanwhile my friend who is already underweight is seeing her food bought with food stamps spoiling -not very green to the electric company, and she can't buy food until next Tuesday. Florida Power and Light is violating a Florida ordinance just for more "money" (profit) reconnection fee. To prove this is a real story my friend's name is Shanti Clancy. Thus a warning to all if you/relatives use oxygen or life support have a battery operated genenerator, otherwise the decision of life or death is in the control of the power company especially expect no mercy from Florida Power and Light if you miss the electric bill payment.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Oct, 2008 by   Rose 0 Votes
Good for you to stand up for your friend. My sister and brother-in-law have very similar problems w/Florida Power & Light. Should anything drastic happen to your friend's health, sue them! Why should your friend have a generator? A late payment is not a crime, however, the sort of punishment that Florida Power & Light is placing against their customers is a crime! The Public Service Commission should put a stop to this. Shutting off one's power, or giving ultimatums is not going to make or scare a customer into paying any sooner than they can. Floria Power & Light has 16 billion dollars in revenue annually! How much of that goes into the CEO's pockets, not giving a damn about the average citizens who are struggling so desperately in these times? Penalties are different if hundreds of dollars are owing by a customer who extends no effort to pay. However, being late each month in these trying times, and then being punished by FP&L for being late in these trying times is a travesty!
 28th of Nov, 2008 by   Jeremy Horton 0 Votes
This is it? Two comments on FPL. This is by far the worst company to ever do business with. Ten years I have been going around with them. Over charging, bad meters, bad customer service, etc. They get away with everything because they have no competition and The State allows them to do whatever they feel.
Two complaints, come on people.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Paul 0 Votes
The reason their is only 2 complants, most people have been dragged into the ground by fpl and are under the impression that this EVIL, monopolizing so called Bastard of a company has more money than GOD and don't give a sh...

What are we going to do, stop using their products.
they don't care you will be back and pay.

They are worse than the food stamp office and ssi when you apply for aid.

Talk about goudging

My girlfriend is disabeled, she gets around 600 dollars a month. and has to take care her disabled son that gets nothing because cant get approved.

her house is a mobile home and the bastards had her on the so called budget plan at 400.00 a month, they tell her that the bill is actually between 500.00 and 600.00 a month.

In case your wondering how she makes it well, she don't I make the differance for her.

I have to take care of my mentally disabled brother and for some reason his check was stopped and for several months I had to take care of his bills too.

she got behind with fpl they turned her light off;
I finally after takeing every I own to the pawn shop raised up money to pay her bill. but now get this, ,

they took her off the budget plan and billed her for the differance and added another 250 dollars for extra deposit and sent her a bill for 1900.00 dollars

No this ant no lye I have a copy of the bill cause no one believes me.

1900 dollars lewy. for a double wide mobile home.

her bill because she is not on the budget plan anymore is 500 a month is redickuless pluss they told her she has to pay 339.87 a month till she pays the 1900.00 dollars off.

You tell me how is she going to do that with her 600.00 dollar disability check. 840.00 dollars a month come on this is strong arm robery, I don't care how you look at it.
 25th of Aug, 2009 by    CUSTOMER LOOKING FOR HELP 0 Votes
There appears to be little ability of the phone operator taking complaints of lost power to communicate with the work crews. As a result when work is incomplete or not performed there is no way for the customer to get any accurate info in the phone call. My business has been without power for 24 hours now and still no resolution only continued misinformed supervisors telling me that they can't do anything. If anyone at FPL actually reads this, I would suggest that supervisors be given additional ability to to contact crews when there appears to be an apparent slowdown in the work. I will be raising this matter with the Public Utility Commission as well.
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   rysavy69 0 Votes
I am currently going through the same with Leesburg power. I take care of my mother who is on oxygen. They have shut me off several time after entering the life support program. This last time was for $61.00. They barely ever send me a bill and say that the law says they only have to give me 24 hour notice, but the guidelines they gave me says that it is only for scheduled maintenance not non payment of bill!!!
 7th of May, 2010 by   Smarty2010 0 Votes
FPL makes now automated phone calls to the customers scaring them into paying their past due balance right a way because they will disconnect your power "TODAY". I am always almost one month behind because my husband is legally blind and I have also a disability, having only a small unemployment check. Not to get in too much into health issues, FPL used to care in the 80's before they won the "Demin Award" issued by Japan, soon after that, Japaneese black suites kept on walking around in their facilities and the whole attituded became "Customer Unfriendly". I struggle with them every month.

Is Work at Home a Scam or Real Deal?

Latest Groups