logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Weiss Comestic & Laser Procedures Blepharoplasty
Terrible/Horrible Asymmetry eyelids surgery (blepharoplasty)
2. (1 mins ago)

Poor Design- Beware

DCI Industries
Canton, Georgia
dciproducts.com
I looked over the website for this product, and, having tried other gutter guard products, all with limited success, I decided to give it a try. One thing I did NOT notice was a small caveat buried in the installation "warnings"- if you have a metal roof, you "have" to have something called "ice cleats". In my area (Atl metro) it would be very hard to find someone who even knows what those are. In any event, they would not have helped in this case. After a heavy snow, I noticed that as the snow was thawing on the roof, and re-freezing, it was "grabbing" the material of the Flo-Free and pulling it out of the gutter. This was kind of a last straw, since prior to this, I was cleaning debris off the lip created by the way it is installed, on a monthly basis. I had actually recommended this product to some clients of mine, but now am sorry I did. Now I am out not only the cost of the material, but the labor, as well. Despite the fact that ice cleats would not have helped in this case, the company's position is that they are not liable, since I did not have them installed. I am very disappointed in the product, and would heartily recommend against it.

Flo-Free Leaf Guard Flo-Free Leaf Guard

Comments United States Roofing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Sep, 2011 by   kleban 0 Votes
You would not have had a problem had the Flo-Free been installed properly. You should learn to read directions.
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   A Chadwell 0 Votes
I wish I had read this before I installed my metal roof with gutter guards! I know exactly what you mean - what a waste of money!
 3rd of Mar, 2012 by   Greg Bublitz 0 Votes
You could try VersaScreen Gutter Protection. It can be installed with metal roofing and will not be pulled out when the snow slides off the roof. In areas where ice dams are a problem it can also be installed with an integrated heat cable system. www.VersaScreenGutterProtection.com
 28th of Sep, 2012 by   LiarDetector 0 Votes
Very Bad and wrong installation. This product works fantastic in winter and summer as well! This blog should be removed. If it continues, there could be legal problems of slander and false advertising against Georgiabiker57 and the editor of this blog.
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   StephInIllinois 0 Votes
I love my Flo-free. I installed it myself on our ranch house. We live on a heavily wooded 5 acre lot with oaks and hickory trees. The only part that needs cleaning/maintenance is the inside corner of our l-shaped house. There, the gutter installers put up a deflector to help keep heavy rains in the gutter on that inside corner. Therefore, small branches or clumps of leaves will get stuck there at times, but it's because of that deflector that sticks up above the gutter. With my "amateur" installation, there is no lip that has to be cleaned monthly. I agree that this "complaint" ought to be removed as they did not install the product properly.
 7th of Sep, 2013 by   Mary Helen Irene 0 Votes
I had Flo-free gutters installed in 2005. It was a mistake. I have lots of debrie in my gutters. The local store that installed my gutters was out of business. After trying different numbers, I finally found a 800 phone number to call from the internet. They took my information and never called back. My back gutter is now pulling away from my house. I am very disappointed with this product.

Nigerian Internet Scammers Disclosure (Part 2)

Latest Groups