logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Viking Magazine-
They won't let me cancel!
2. (1 mins ago)

First House Financial Contacts & Informations

First House Financial

Posted: 2011-08-09 by    Dirk de Boer

wrong information customer service

I was looking on craigslist for a rental home and found a nice place offered. To be able to see the house I had to go through First House Financial. I called them and they told me I just had to pay one dollar ('trial') fee to make an appointment to look at the house. I called their customer service twice and both times they told me I only had to pay one dollar fee once and that there were no strings attached to it. In found another place to live and didn't think about FHF anymore. Then, one week later I get a $19.95 bill for my account. Turns out that they automatically turn your free trial into something more. I called right away to cancel, they charge $5 for that too. I feel mistreated because I asked their customer service several times whether there were no strings attached to the firs trial and they said no it is just one dollar once. Of course it is stated in the terms that I agreed to but I think it is very unprofessional for a service such as FHF to not provide my with the right information over the phone when i specifically ask the for the terms of condition.

Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More First House Financial complaints
First House Financial - Misleading

Comments

15th of Aug, 2011 by   John2321 +1 Votes
Hello,

I had a great experience with FHF actually. If you just look at their website they do inform you about the $19.95 charge 3 times before and while registering. How could you miss that?
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   veteranwife 0 Votes
Actually I agree with the post, they do NOT inform you about the other fees other than the dollar, which they say is for verification purposes. This is all a big scam. I have researched them and they have more complaints than testimonials of good service. I had my information processed even after I told the lady I did not wish to go through with them before I got off the phone I was told that was fine and that my information was not to be processed. That was one BIG lie!! I have been calling and asking to speak with a manager and each time I am passed on to a supervisor who has no clue as to the legality of what they did. I was charged a $20 fee from some credit group I never applied to. This group is rediculous to say the least. Also they obviously have no clue as to their jobs, the supervisor dared tell me he couldn't pass me to a manager because they were ALL in a week long closed door meeting. I couldn't get a number or a message with the supposed manager's secretary. He said he couldn't do anything about my issue, when asked what he does do he said it was none of my business! Really?
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   Operation: Death Wish 0 Votes

I called the number. The guy Tony Powers told me to go to this website http://www.firsthousefinancial.com/signupsc.html
It's only $1 to get a listing. No way. I did not bite the bait. I asked for First House Financial's office address. He said: 40 Anita Street Suite 105, San Fransisco, CA. 94661. I looked it up, GPS, Garmin, Google, TOMS, you name it. Nothing. Nilch. Nada. Nein. So, I called him back again literally in 5 minutes and a female voice answered. She sound like she's from South East Asia...specifically Filippino. I know that sound. I have lots of Filippino friends and been there a few times myself. So, I recognizes that she's Amercian but an immegrant/Filippino born.

I finally got a hold of this Tony Powers and demanded that he give me the correct address and he stammered and said the address is correct. Wrong again. I told him it's not on my GPS, Garmin and he got flustered and told me to hold on. I waited for 7 minutes 23 seconds and he never got back on. So, I hung up. I did more research. This is what I found out.

Folks, do yourself a favor. REPORT HIM! AND First House Financial!

Tony Powers : (415) 742-4411. He told me he's Philippino. I knew it. By the way, I never filled out the form/$1.00 sign-up fee. I wanted to make sure I know what I was getting into before signing up.

I will now report Craig list. SCAM!! BEWARE FOLKS.

Signed,
Operation: Death Wish
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   lilimia0821 0 Votes
I had the same problem with them except i changed my card and information because i refused to allow any charges without my permission. They sent me some list of home and no phone numbers! how do you try to rent out a home with no contact information. And on top of it they want you to write a letter to the owner of the house and sit around and suck your thumbb!!! everytime i call im only hold for 30 mins then someone gets on the phone i ask them questions and they say let me transfer you to customer service. this place is a scam and their postings on craigs list are too good to be true. they say they have offices everywhere they are liars!!!
 1st of Dec, 2011 by   joegonnacatchyou 0 Votes
40 Anita Street Suite 105, San Fransisco, CA. 94661 is located in chula vista, ca - same place the number i called is located. it shows up as landline and as a cell phone - its slowly coming together...we can get these scammers and turn them in!!!
 1st of Dec, 2011 by   joegonnacatchyou 0 Votes
to clarify - Anita street is located in chula vista
 6th of Dec, 2011 by   benjicorey 0 Votes
these guys are scamers. I got the same response when I asked about the fees. I was told to go to their website. these agents are rote reading from a script. they can't even answer your questions when you ask them. I had to cancel my card and my bank is filing a dispute for the fraud.
 18th of Jan, 2012 by   dishtbi1262A 0 Votes
We have the signature!
 18th of Jan, 2012 by   dishtbi1262A 0 Votes
vfffs

19th of Jan, 2012 by   mickeybettyboop 0 Votes
I called tonight also about a house and they told me I had to go to their website and when I asked for information about the company they hung up on me. I then went back to Craigslist and found they are using 3 different phone Numbers... 619 309 1232, 202-567-6167, and 770-325-9318
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   benjicorey 0 Votes
they refuse to cancel my account because I refuse to pay them $5.00. This company needs to be put out of buisness. They are fraudulently advertising for rent homes when they really don't own these property.
 18th of Jun, 2012 by   Superbx2k 0 Votes
I called and talked with some lady. Everything she was saying sounded to good to be true. I told her that i'm skeptical because it sounds to good to be true and she replied that "its not a scam". Whenever someone says they are not scamming you, chances are they really are. She also stated that they are rated with BBB. I checked it out for myself (http://sanjose.bbb.org/business-reviews/Foreclosure-Assistance/First-House-Financial-in-Santa-Cruz-CA-1000003318#reasonrating) and what do you know, they are rated with the BBB. They are rated F. There's fraud alerts, scam alerts and nothing but complaints about this company. Aparantly they have been monitered by the BBB since 2010 and have yet to reply to any of the BBB's attempts at communication. The only address they have is a P.O. Box in Cali. So yeah, i'm going to have say no to these people. Hope my experience helps.
 9th of Jul, 2012 by   mai2262626 0 Votes
hello…

Hi there just quality post! http://sabrina.fbhosting.com/, i had a good read.thank you for your article, My problem continues to be resolved….
 15th of Jul, 2012 by   ccyes 0 Votes
12/14
 6th of Oct, 2012 by   Misyel 0 Votes
I was was looking at craigslist and found this site and so I went there and read EVERYTHING on the page. It specifically stated there is no charge a for the 7 day trial. So I went and signed up, gave my credit card number and all that...Then it says to check my email to get my password but I couldn't even sign in. So I called, and yes, they are filipino ( I know so coz I'm a filipino too), who answered the call, with thick accent and all... I told the guy who identify himself as Genesis that I couldn't log in, he then went to tell me to change using from internet explorer to firefox. I told him that I am not a computer savvy and doesn't know how to do it. So with all my frustrations and all I told him that I will just have to cancel. I am not happy with the service... He then told me that there is a 5 dollar charge for cancellation. I told him I've read all the fine print and it doesn't have any 5 dollar charge cancellation... SCAMMERSSSSSSSSSS... I told the guy that I just signed up like 5 minutes ago and he kept on insisting for me to go to the website and check that there is a 5 dollar charge for cancellation. I asked to speak with the supervisor and he stated that he is the only onw in charge and I have to call back on monday... Now that I am a little bit calm, I went to the website where they took all my credit card info and it is a different website from where it states that there is a 5 dollar charge... I've been duped. This is the worst 10 minutes of my life and the most expensive 5 dollars that I have to pay. I will report them to BBB. Make sure that they WILL NO LONGER SCAMMING PEOPLE!!!
 2nd of Feb, 2013 by   Watching my back 0 Votes
I called the number listed and the guy that answered the phone tried to sell me when all I wanted to do was ask a few questions first. He asked me if it was going to take long and that he didn't have all day. When I replied that if he wanted my business it shouldn't matter, he hung up. Yeah.. I have a feeling that he just saved me a bundle and my time.
 24th of Feb, 2013 by   Monsy Nieves 0 Votes
Thank you all for all your info on these scammers with FHF - I came across an add on craigslist and when I called I immediately thought it was too good to be true. So I decided to look for reviews before getting myself into this further. So judging from what I have read I know better than to give these people my info let a lone my money.
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   lmartell 0 Votes
I called about a house listed for rent on Craigslist and was told it was a rental service. If I paid $100 I would get access to hundreds of properties for lease. It didn't seem unreasonable as there are several such services in LA.
The employee told me I would be able to access the list of rental properties immediately and start seeing the properties THAT DAY.
When I logged on to their site I discovered it was a list of foreclosed and distressed properties, not rental properties. I was supposed to find the legal owner(s) of these properties and write them a letter asking to rent their property!!
One of the properties listed was a friend of mine's house - that was NOT in foreclosure and NOT for rent!!

I immediately asked for a refund and their staff kept hanging up on me.

I contacted my credit card company and they started an investigation to refund the charge and I got this email from First House Financial:

Hello,

Your recent payment dispute for a charge we levied has been denied as frivolous. The money has been taken from your account and promptly returned to us. In addition, as outlined in our Terms of Service which you are bound, we have also levied a Frivolous Chargeback Representment Fee of $105.42 DUE IMMEDIATELY.You will need to call us as soon as possible at 877-413-7214 to arrange payment for this. Failure to pay after 30 days from today will result as a collection on your credit report from all 3 bureaus. Please act promptly in this matter.

Collections Department
First House Financial

Yep, they are trying to charge me for disputing their fraudulent charge!!
AND they are still doing the same thing - telling people it's a rental service when it's NOT.
I recorded a call with their staff yesterday where another operator there told me the exact same pack of lies that the first one did. That recording will go REALLY far with the State Attorney's office!
 7th of May, 2013 by   Beautyandbrain 0 Votes
I saw a nice home on craigslist and I called the number listed and first house financial answered. The guy was very rude and told me to go to some website and sign up his name was tony Jackson 161. He then said I could get into a house with no credit check and I just has to pay $199 and I would get a list of addresses. I started asking questions about the company and he started getting very rude. When I said I was not gonna pay anything he told me just sign up and I would get my money back in 90 days if I did not find a home, but if i did find one I could move in the house in 3 days! This is a scam!!! Do not fall for it !
 7th of Jun, 2013 by   FCavkeli 0 Votes
I did the same mistake, very short time ago on May 26, I was looking for a rental and came across an ad in Craigslist, was excited about a investor renovated flip homes for rent and to own later, $749 it said, I called the number a guy answered and told me that they required a fee of $199.00 to register with them, then the money would be deducted if I decided to rent from them, it sounded good so I paid, and received an email from www.firsthousefinancial.com, still didn't get it, till went to the website registered and then listened to their instructions, and understood that this was about foreclosure homes which I had to go and make a deal with the owner's and possibly take over their mortgage, wow! I can't do that, don't know nothing about that, so I called their customer service# no answer cause they're in Pacific time. So I kept on sending them email's asking for my refund cause my time was so limited to rent a decent place by June 1st 2013. In the mean time I found a assisted living place for $798.00 but I had to come up with a deposit too. So I called the customer service line again and spoke to an agent name Angel, who told me that I would receive my refund in 24 hrs. just in time to go pay the deposit with my new place, but I waited and called again and again, they kept telling me that they were going to investigate what happened between me and the agent I spoke to when I paid the money, so this told me that they had no intention of refunding, cause I'm sure no one likes what they see after paying. I started discrediting them to all the Consumer Protection agencies I know, I'm a senior citizen, and please be very careful who you're paying too. See in the beginning they never fully reveal the Co. names, it always comes out later, after they grab the money... These days we have no choice, but to be extremely careful with our hard earned money... Good luck to all of us getting our money back from these swindlers scam artists...

Tips on Ways to Stop Draining Our Checkbook