logo

ebay magic scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

First Federal Savings Bank - OUTRAGEOUS FEES!, Clarksville, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - First Federal Savings Bank

First Federal Savings Bank - OUTRAGEOUS FEES! Contacts & Informations

First Federal Savings Bank - OUTRAGEOUS FEES!

Posted: 2011-03-01 by    First-Federal-Savings-Bank-Review

First Federal Savings Bank

First Federal Savings Bank - OUTRAGEOUS FEES!
Clarksville, Tennessee
first-federal-savings-bank-review.com
On the night of 2/19/11 I logged into my online banking and was shocked to discover that my account was in the negative, bank was closed 2/20/11 and 2/21/11. It all started with an online transaction on 2/14/11 for $300.00 that was charged twice to my account (due to some glitch) causing my checking account to go into the negative...(1st $31.00 NSF Fee). The next day, on 2/15/11, my automatic car insurance payment for $62.11 tried to go through, but was declined (2nd $31.00 NSF Fee). The insurance company tried to process the payment on 2/18/11 and it was declined again (3rd $31.00 NSF Fee). First Federal Savings Bank also Charged $7.00 DAILY Overdraft Fees ON TOP OF THE $31.00 NSF Fees to add insult to injury.

On 2/23/11 I went to one of their locations and I explained the situation about the double $300.00 charge and all the NSF Fees that occurred because of it. They told me they could not do anything about it and that I needed to speak to someone at the First Federal Savings Bank in which I opened my account. They said the person I would need to speak to is MARIAN PARRIS, they told me to tell her the same thing I told them and MARIAN PARRIS would be able to make the decision on weather to remove the NSF charges or not.

The same day, 2/23/11, I drove to the First Federal Savings Bank on Fort Campbell Blvd where I originally opened my account. I spoke with Marian Parris, she is a tall German Lady. I sat down in her office and explained my situation, I brought her a print out of my account and showed her where I was charged twice on a $300.00 transaction and all the NSF Fees I incurred because of it. She IMMEDIATELY said in a STERN voice..."the bank is not responsible for this, YOU will need to contact the merchants and TELL THEM TO COVER THE OVERDRAFT FEES". She then added that it is UNLIKELY that they would cover the fees. I then asked: when the $300.00 is returned to my account from the merchant, will any of the overdraft fees go away? She said NO!

I could not believe what I heard on this day! I have been a good customer with First Federal Savings Bank for OVER 5 YEARS, never had an issue like this, even referred others to this bank and here they are...TREATING ME LIKE COMPLETE GARBAGE!!! I could not stand to let them just get away with this, I will warn AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE about this bank!

Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Tax Hacks: 3 Tips to Avoid an Audit