logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
fret12.com
Seller refused to take items back
2. (32 mins ago)
offleaseonly
damage cars instead of a car
3. (32 mins ago)
Contract Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

First Data Merchant Services Complaints & Reviews - I hope no one uses this company

First Data Merchant Services Contacts & Informations

First Data Merchant Services

Posted:    Valerie

I hope no one uses this company

First Data Merchant Services
www.firstdata.com
Cardservice/First Data put our company on the 'match' list for nothing we had control over. A customer decided to 'dispute' charges on his credit card (because he didn't have the cash and wanted more time to pay) and we get socked with the chargeback. I provided all the invoices/shipping tickets to Anthony to prove he got the material delivered. Anthony NEVER told me what else I needed to do to clear this whole matter up. Instead, they cancelled our account and put us on the 'match' list because of excessive chargebacks. So, the decision by a customer puts our entire business in jeopardy. How is that fair?

We pay a monthly fee for service from this company and they did NOTHING to help us through this situation. They took $25, 000 out of our account 'by accident' they said, but of course not a big deal to them. It took them 2 business days to put it back in and they lied the entire time.

I cannot believe this company is allowed to continue to do business. The number of complaints about them online is amazing. They were recently purchased by Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts and Co. and that is when all of the complaints began.

I hope no one uses this company because they lie from the get-go.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of May, 2008 by   enter +3 Votes
I can not agree with you more. I had similar experience with First Data and have nightmares ever since. The way the handle their customer is a wonder how they can stay in business. Just spread the news about these people (they also own Paymentech) and hope no one else sign up with them. Though out my experience with them they have never been transparent to me, the have out right lied to me at least a dozen time, trying to manipulate me. If you are dealing with these criminals, take your money and put it into another account the minute you receive it. They have a habit to treating your bank account like their personal account. Best Luck to you. I really hope for better regulations and standard in this industry. Full of rip offs by the big processor, they treat you like you are priviledge to be using their service.
 19th of May, 2008 by   enter +2 Votes
Oh and the Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts and Co purchase has nothing to do with the poor service it has been happening for a long time. Type in "Paymentech Suck" on Google and check out Brad Fullion article. God I hate them.
 12th of Jun, 2008 by   Sarah Bradford +1 Votes
First Data, although it is very easy to comment on the problems I have had associated with any company I do business with especially in this day & age .- First Data is not one of them. I suppose that is partially because of the honesty & support I rec'd from one of their Sales Reps. Just like any business venture I proceed with, any task presented, I am always only good as the information I get and in my case, my represenative from First Data(Direct, not their affiliates) gave me what I asked for. Good and fair credit card processing rates and good service.
 5th of Nov, 2008 by   Patrick +1 Votes
I totally agree -- First Data sucks. Their business practices border on the criminal.

We were with them for years, and that was several years too long. If you do go with them, I STRONGLY URGE you to READ THE ENTIRE CONTRACT before you sign. There are many "gotchas" that they put in there, like fees and fees up the butt, power to dock your account for whatever reason they want, a minimum contract period (you have to pay fees for the entire period even if you cancel early), etc etc. Their excuse is that "everyone does this". Well, no, not everyone does. You can do much better than these guys.

Good support from their sales reps? Ha! I've found them to be quite snotty. God help you if you have a grievance -- you will never win. They are always correct, and you are always wrong.

But don't take my word for it. READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT and judge for yourself.
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   cheriindenver +2 Votes
First Data is basically a legal criminal business. I just found out that they are holding my funds in "risk management" while they review my account. What the heck are they reviewing it for? They won't even tell me. In the meantime, my deposits are not going into my bank account and checks are starting to bounce. They cannot tell me why they're holding it or when my funds will be released. They are holding MY money hostage and there's nothing I can do about it. Attempts to get answers from supervisors in both customer service and risk management have left me wondering how they got their jobs. They were snotty, short, and basically told me that they are not willing to help me. How can they do this? Maybe we all should have learned something from the Frontier Airlines debacle. They don't see any problem with putting an airline out of business, so why would they care about a small business like mine?
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   TRACY MCKAY +3 Votes
PLEASE DO NOT USE FIRST DATA MERCHANT SERVICES BECASUE YOU MAY NOT EVER GET YOUR MONEY FROM ALL THE CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS. THEIR SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   Sandy +2 Votes
I dealt with Paymentech formally owned by First Data and had huge problems with their customer service or lack of. They seized my money because my business had expanded beyond expectations. Instead of talking to me they shut me down without a moment notice. They demanded that I submit another $50000 to be withhold on top of the $10000 I submited in the beginning. When I said I would no longer do business with them they tried to access my bank account and tried to with draw $25000 with out my permission. These guys are a bunch of crooks. Do not use them.
 30th of Mar, 2009 by   jonedoe +2 Votes
I have had a similar experience with these guys just recently. I woke up one day to find they ach debited 10k from my bank account. They said they tried calling once, but did not leave a msg before they did this. They thought our company to be a fraud. Well, why did they accept us then? I have been trying to get my money that I have worked for back from them for over a week now. They are a freaking joke and they don't understand how bad this can hurt ones company. I hope they go broke. They are crooks.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   jake +2 Votes
I am amazed that that all that this company is allowed to continue screwing honest companies. I looked in my bank account a few weeks ago to find out that they withdrew $10, 000. After calling for days and leaving dozens of messages someone finally answered the phone. I frantically explained what happened and was surprised when he told me this was normal. He said he would try and get in contact with the person in charge of our account, but he was out of town. My first thought was that this company took out money for the sole purpose of going on vacation. Not only did this company withdraw $10, 000, they were holding another $10, 000 dollars because they saw us as a "risky account." The guy snewdly remarked that he tried to get ahold of us, but we didn't answer the phone. I asked him if he left a message, and he replied NO. So after one missed phone call, this company felt they had the right to STILL $20, 000. I was told someone would call me back by the end of the day, but of course no one ever called. I called every two hours for about a week, and I finally reached to pretentious asshole in charge of our account. I still haven't received our money, and we have lost a lot more than $20, 000 because we can not pay the bills. They act like we are a million dollar company that can afford this. The truth is they simply do not care. They do not care if we go out of business. I would kill these bastards if I could find out where they live.
 10th of May, 2009 by   VictimofFraud +1 Votes
Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   Merchantnewyork +1 Votes
We agree with you totallu. Our hope is that through merchant complaints First Data payup big time. There needs to be a class action law suit against first data.
The company associates, supervisors, managers are total liers and back each other up to screw the merchant.
Our story is not unlike other merchants, in business 30 years, no charge backs, since Nov. when our account was taken over from Chase by First data we have had 4 charge backs non justified.
We beliebe that first data is a corrupt organization where employees stop at nothing to screw the merchant.
You have heard the stories it is all true.,
in our last outrageous charge back when we did not get represented to the issuing bank, the issuing bank agent who one would think should be on the side of their customer ( who was trying to riop us off) finally came to our rescue as the case was glaringly to our favor, yet First Data did not reprent our company and every time we called there was more lies delivered by First data.
We are moving away from First data and will never look back.
We hope to see them out of business like so many corrupt financial institutions. Cannot wait for the day when all these managers and supervisors are oout of a job.
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   JOJOV 0 Votes
Be careful of 1st data, change processors ASAP and get a new bank account.

GET THIS 28/18/2009 I get a $307. 07 charge on my Bank account. SEVERAL calls a later and finally with the help of my bank in a 3- way call we discovered the Culprit.

re:1st Data Global, represented by collection aka !st Data Services Adjustments drafted my bank account for charges dated September 2005 . This was for Terminal Termination Fee . Interesting ...I never received any notice from them in ...4-YEARS! Hm I think this is ILLEGAL!!!

What this brings to mind is another charge when I canceled my service with them and they slipped a $500. charge thru. I contested it put they produced some contract that I never had, and the bank allowed the charge.

The rep who came to my business, waived the contract terms on my paper, marking through the early termination fee.

I had the paper work! When I CANCELLED the service, 1st Data faxed all this contract stuff to me, stating that it was my responsibility to have read all the small print in material that I never had. They furthered the lie by telling me the man who signed me up was"No longer with the Company" and that he was not authorized to waive any charges.

STRANGE, as we faxed the said application directly from my business. SO They had the origional application form .

Everything had to have been correct for them to have sent the equipment to me and to have the Rep come out and set everything up...HMMMMMM .

Now these Scums are trying to steal from me again. Shame on me that I did not change my bank account.

My advise, change your account, do not allow these Rat Bastards any access in the future.

Maybe the time has come for a class action suit! How do we contact the "Watch Dogs". I would like to see this operation shut down. It make me sick that they are still doing to business.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   EricJones 0 Votes
They are holding over $200K of my money. I'd like to beat their face in!!!
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   scam on a large scale 0 Votes
My advice DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THEM ... JUST DO NOT SIGN THEY WILL PRESSURE YOU TO SIGN RIGHT THEN AND THEN BUT DONT FALL FOR IT. I am in a mess right now and trying to sort things out with them but everyone you talk to is a cousin to Hitler just plain rude...From supervisors to managers all of them have no heart at all they are there to scam you and they do a great job with it. STAY AWAY FROM THEM RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM THEM. All they want is money from hard working innocent middle class people like you and me. My biggest lesson lerant is I WILL NEVER EVER TRUST ANYONE AGAIN...
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   hartman 0 Votes
For those who could not get merchant services accounts, thank your lucky stars. I have an account and they started adding charges, notifying you 1/2-1 month after they added the charges and letting you know that you now had to pay them. When I called and told them they had to give me advance notice of increases, they told me that they didn't because they didn't fall under the classification of notification that other companies have to follow. Their cancellation policy is shady because when you cancel, there is a couple of month period after which they still charge you because their cancellation period starts from some nebulous calculation that they use, not the day you cancel. We cancelled in June/July and they are still trying to debit our account (which we had to close due to Merchant Services / IPayment, Inc.)

For any of you with problems, we have reported them to the Federal Trade Commission and were advised by the FTC to let anyone else with problems know about this so they can be closed down.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   Ben 0 Votes
First Data sales reps will tell you anything you need to hear to sign up for a merchant account while leaving out all the critical details they don't want you to know about. The perfect sleazy used car salesmen. I went to these guys on a recommendation from Sam's Club plus membership telling me about how great a deal I'll be getting. Before I knew it, I had two merchant accounts and a processing terminal. After it's too late I'm told I need to insure their overpriced hardware or they will charge another $6/month. After 3 months I realized that second account and terminal package were just overkill creating a cost and complication I did not need. That's when I found out I had a 3 year contract and a 4 year lease that I can't get out of. I loath contracts and would not have agreed knowing I was tied in for 3 years. When asking to see this contract I agreed to I'm told I have to pay them $7 for a copy. After reading all the complaints here I'm now opening a new bank account and closing the old one so these crooks don't have access to my money.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   ron83 0 Votes
I have been with them for over 10 years and all of this started in the last year or so since they were sold to a private company. Yes, they will take money any time they feel like it out of your account without notice. If you try to do a stop payment on them they will just send it again with added fees with a different name so you have to keep spending more money on stop payments for different names. Then when you call them they will tell you they need written notice to close the account and tell you to fax it to some non existent fax number and keep taking money out until you have to close the account and start a new one. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   FIRST DATA STOLE OVER $20.000 FROM MY CO 0 Votes
THIS IS WHAT FIRST DATA LEFT US TO DO WHEN THEY TOOK THE ABILITY TO REFUND OUR CUSTOMERS AND GO ON TO ANOTHER MERCHANT PROCESSOR, RATHER THAN THEM
ALERT CONSUMER FRAUD ATTEMPT:

We had 1 person catch a bug and 2 minutes after they cancelled their $232.00 order then they put in a chargeback
Thus our merchant account the people who take your credit card charge decided to keep your money against the law.

Thus highriskpay.com 800-956-1277 X #102 Name: Ami He and Melanie from CTS Holdings 800-960-0135 X226 Groupiso.com

held over $16.500.00 and even took away our ability to refund anybody so we could move onto our new account.

The above people are holding your money hostage. IE: We have no alternative but to cancell your order and we have

No way of refunding you.

They say we owe them fees for money they NEVER gave our company in the first place. Including yours. They are

theives.

IF you received your parts and are getting this e-mail then you are lucky because that means we could be out the

money as well as the parts, and after an accounting will notify you further.

All I can say is we apologize for the messup and if you did not receive a UPS tracking E-Mail Or What You Ordered

you should call the number on the back of your card and tell them about the above people whom have your money and

putin a charge back.

I would suggest you get your Chargeback Refund Thus will Force them to refund you, Please do inform them of the

above people as this is NOT OUR FAULT, and you can call us to Re-order at a 20% Discount as we are moving forward

with a New more reputable Credit Card Merchant Account that will not steal your money, hold hostage and refuse

refunds.

We deeply apologize for this inconvience and hope you will re-order as we are also upgrading everyone to better

newer parts depending on what you ordered.

We have been supporting and supplying the consumer for 15 years and hope that this banking mess does not affect

your opinion about us as we are here to help you get better products and lose that alarm companies fees you have

been paying in the past. Believe me I know because I used to work for one of those companies and hated it every

time the boss ripped off the consumer with lower shabby parts.

Please contact us http://alpinealarms.com/contact.html if you have any questions what so ever..

Sincerely

Families And Business Security Needs.
Alarm Yourself Inc
PO Box 1322 Rifle Co 81650
Phone: 631-961-0531
Fax: 631-961-0533

30th of Oct, 2009 by   Terry P 0 Votes
Unfortunately, we didn't check this site out before signing up with First Data to process our customer cred cards. Luckily, we were only ripped off $512.00 they processed one card then cancelled our account and continued to withdraw funds from our business account.
Keith Moss was the guys name 631-783-6446
Stay away from these folks
we have also filed complaints with the FTC and Attorney Generals office.
Terry
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   Moogy +1 Votes
First Data just informed us via MAIL they are cancelling our account and holding all of our payments for at least six months. This is tens of thousands of dollars. Their justification? We're selling at a higher "price' than what we defined in our contract.

We're going to our attorney on this, but I must say this isn't the only issue - dealing with their sales people is worse than dealing with used car salesmen. This company is horrendous.

As my friend said, First Data is asleep at the wheel.

We have done nothing wrong, and they won't inform us of anything via EMail, and they won't return our phone calls. I have never seen such a malicious company. Guess we'll be finding out what legal action we can take as we look for a new merchant service. We've had to completely shut down our large-scale online sales because of this.

IRS Warns Of E Mail Phishing Scheme