logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
SammyDress.com
Didn't receive my order!!!
2. (21 mins ago)
unrecognised transaction

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

First Data Global Leasing, Denver, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - credit card processing

First Data Global Leasing Contacts & Informations

Po Box 173845
Denver, Colorado
Phone: 877-257-2094
firstdata.com
This company is a rip off. I signed a contract with Merchant Lynx Services credit card processing. Before I signed, I asked the salesman if there was a charge for equipment. He answered "no" and presented the contract to me. When I signed it the space was blank for the equipment. After leaving he filled in $69.95 for 48 months. I am now paying $4000 dollars for a machine that is worth about $300. I can't even get a legible copy of the signed agreement with Merchant Lynx. Do not do business with First Data or Merchant Lynx Services. I hope this complaint will stop other people from being scammed.
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Sep, 2008 by   Flemington nails II +1 Votes
i ran in the same problem they came to my store and offer me free credit cards machine and i signed the application they fill-in the emty spot and i got hit with $69.99 per month for 48 month on the $250 machine becareful doing business with these company
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   gary wu +2 Votes
I as well had the same problem this scam artist sales rep Peter Rhee did not mention anything about lease equipment for 48 months when I signed, now I'm stuck with a useless machine and I had to pay 69.99 monthly when the machine is worth only 125.00. Did anyone else report this to the Ftc, better business bureau, comsumer affairs and attorney general? I had report the complaints and heard that the more complaint the ftc gets, the more likely the company such as merchant lynx and first data with be prosecuted such as the case againest northern leasing when the company cheated all the small businesses just like here. I can't let these crooks get away with my hard earned money and other people who keep getting cheated by these notorious companies.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   tom +1 Votes
I can't believe these people are allowed to stay in business the belong behind bars. Not only are they saying im in a NON-Cancelable lease for 48 months at 84.39 + other charges of 21.38 a month =105.77 they are double charging me they pull it out of two accounts every month charging me a little over 210 dollars every month . When we decided to get it it was through my partners sisters boyfriend he told us he would give us a machine he had so we wouldnt have to pay a lease agreement and be locked into a contract he also said we would be reimbursed for any charges as long as we did under 5-10 thousand a month which being a new bussiness we were cool with ever since its been a disaster he wont return phone calls and everyone we call says its not there fault absolutely criminal.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Gobe Gobe +1 Votes
I agree absolutely with above stated.I had the same problem.These are dishonest people who are like cancer.
Do not deal with First Data Global Leasing-they are the trapp.Avoid them and join other to take lagal action them.
They must not be allowed to continue ripp-off(s)So -Please.Please stay away from First Data Global Leasing
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   Northern Wisconsin Business +1 Votes
We live in Northern Wisconsin and have been scammed by First Data also.

We called their customer service department approximately two years ago to return our machine and cancel the contract. We obtained a cancellation number and the address to return the machine toin New York. We sent it via UPS and obtained a tracking number and followed step by step the process and were reassured everything was complete.

2 years later, we closed one of our business accounts at the bank. All of a sudden we receive this letter (the only one) that we were being turned into collections because our lease payment had not cleared. We went back in our records and found First Data had never canceled out the lease and we had paid it for two years after cancellation. Because we have several businesses and were retiring, we had thought this amount on our statement was for our last business.

We called First Data and explained the situation, we gave them our cancellation number, UPS number and Faxed supporting documentation to them. They said we should have worked with leasing and not customer service, they do not have cancellation numbers, the UPS number cannot be tracked after two years and had not even looked at what we Fax'ed to them. They chastised us for working with customer service and not leasing???

We have hours on the phone with them, the employees are extremely rude. We still have not resolved this, but will contact our congressman, state attorney general, Better Business Bureau and put bad reviews on the internet. We are tired of being on hold forever, calls not being returned and rude employees throwing up every possible hurdle they can.

This company and it's employees are the worst of the worst.
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   pissed off +1 Votes
So how many complaints have to be registered before these bastards are put away for good like they deserve to be!!! I don't know who I'd rather prosecute first FDGC or WELLS FARGO MERCHANT SERVICES. They are both crooks and liars who extort money out of hard working people. Deception is their middle name. If anyone has had any luck with the BBB or the FTC regarding these slimeballs please let me know!! My wife and I live in Southern California where one would expect this kind of scam to take place but after reading the testimonials it seems that the entire country is being ripped-off by these guys. Maybe its time to go back to the old days when people who did stuff like this were put up against the wall and SHOT! Bet that would deter all of these lowlifes from even setting up shop!!!
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   manny +1 Votes
I was also scam the story is the same . Why don"t we try something different write to the State Senator and Congressmen...because WElls FArgo bank was giving billions of our taxe payers money. This bank is dealing with scam artist to say the least. This different approach may get media attention.Now who is at blame??? Manny from union
 17th of Feb, 2009 by   Brittany +1 Votes
WOW. I thought I was alone in this. I had the same thing. I was also told "oh no, there are no other fees other than the percentage rates" I have my original contract in hand, have faxed it and all and I just keep going round and round with the damn company. The section on there about leasing and terms is completely blank! I already had a machine, they sent me another one and told me the old one wouldnt work anymore. Now I know why...they wanted my money! THEY SUCK! I myself am with you guys...stuck paying every month for something that was completely blank on my contract. Stuck paying for a machine for the next 3 years that I cant even use. Not to mention, my bank statements never match their statements...my bank tells me they are charging me anywhere from $30.00-$90.00 more every month. Anytime I call, its bogus fees or they wiggle out of it. Unbelievable. They are flat out stealing our money. HOW ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH THIS?!?!
 10th of May, 2009 by   VictimofFraud +1 Votes
Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   Rachel Eastman +1 Votes
8 months ago, Peter Rhee came into my office, offering me a really low processing discount rate. Like the others above, I told him I already own a terminal, so didn't need it. He said "Don't worry, it comes anyway." No word about any charge, or non-cancellability, or anything like that, and like others, my contract was left blank until he left the office. When I got a copy of it later, upon request from my lawyer, that information was filled in. He also said he'd come back when I got the machine and show my staff how to use it.

The machine came, and the shlub who brought it plugged it in. The first time I used it for a transaction, I found it was not configured properly for my business, and I called Peter. Of course, he didn't return my call, nor any of the dozen other messages I left him over 3 days. I cancelled the processing service, and reinstated my previous service. At that point, I learned that the discount rate I was quoted by Peter was impossible for my business to get, because that only applies to companies that accept only charges where the credit card is presented to you. Most of our business is over the phone, and we rarely have the card in hand.

I returned the machine to FDGL, and they acknowledged they received it. The only way I could get Merchant Lynx and FDGL to stop charging my bank account was to have the bank put stop payments on them. But there was another charge showing up TWICE each month that the bank couldn't stop. So I had to close my bank account.

I have now gotten a phone message from a man from McCarthy, Burgess and Wolfe, calling on behalf of FDGL. I looked them up on the internet, and they have as many rip off reports listed as I see for FDGL! Merchant Lynx and FDGL have taken about $1000 of my money for service and equipment I have not used and do not have, for many months. I will not be paying another cent, and will leave the rest to my lawyer, who I'm told has already worked a case against FDGL.

It's too bad business people like us don't take the time to check out these bums on the internet before we let them into our offices. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   this has got to be a joke! 0 Votes
I'm fighting with them, too! Total scam perpetuated by Wells Fargo who says, once the contract is signed, there is nothing they can do because First Data is a separate company. My first business, green, had been dealing with Wells Fargo for years and trusted them. No, instead I got bamboozled into signing this 200 page lease full of legalese, and since the recession and lack of sales, I had to close business. Called to cancel lease and return equipment and was told not possible, noncancellable, and not only that, if I close my account, they'll take the funds from other accounts I have at Wells Fargo...personal account or company credit cards. Can't reach any manager, and have gotten caught in a real circle jerk! Wells Fargo has many options to lease or rent this equipment, but at the time I spoke to them about obtaining a cc swiper, they only offered me 3 options that they "determined were best for my business". Ha! Best for THEIR business! 3yr lease, 4 year lease or buy the equip outright. Come to find out after calling to cancel lease and return equip, they have an option for a month to month rental. Why wasn't I offered that???? It's a scam and Wells Fargo is totally complicit. There has got to be some kind of something in these leases that must be illegal. WHO OUT THERE WHO HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF AND STONEWALLED BY THIS LEASING COMPANY FROM HELL WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT? CONTACT ME...LET'S ORGANIZE! amasandoval@aol.com
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   lusiton 0 Votes
Hello everybody. I have the same problem as you but my bank was Sovereign Bank. On the contract if you read it carefully at least on mine it reads : First Data Global Leasing doing business as Sovereign Bank Merchant services. I also asked the representative to write special instructions that cancel any cancellation fees. As you know by now First Data Global Leasing does not care about any contracts and dismisses my claim that since they are doing business under bank's name and contract with them is on the bank's agreement they have to comply with the contract. Any way I'm filing a complaint and law suit in small claim court.
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   foolishgirl 0 Votes
has anyone had any SUCCESS dealing with the aftemath of the scam? I am one of many who have been suckered but now I just want to know the next step and how to get OUT of this nightmare!

Please advise on legal status - who to contact- Gee, wouldn't it be great if Clark Howard on CNN could get involved and broadcast this!!

anyway - HELP
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Luckie 0 Votes
I agree, This is just rediculous. I cant believe these people are taking advantage of hard working people. I signed up under BestMerchantRates, which is by far the worst, who I recently cancelled. The issue i'm running into now is with FDGL and the lease with my terminal, which was not explained at all. I'm really concidering abandoning my contract, but if anyone has any info on what else I can do Please contact me lhcustomz@yahoo.com
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   cdalawyer 0 Votes
I'm a class action attorney in the process of assessing possible class action lawsuits against First Data. Our fim has already successfully prosecuted claims against other credit card processors for unfair trade practices. Please contact me with more information about your complaints. jeff@cdalawyer.com
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   STACYP 0 Votes
FDGL IS A FROUD!!! THEY RIP YOU OFF. THEY, WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION TOOK MONEY FROM A DIFFERENT BANK THAT WE STARTED AN ACCOUNT WITH. THEY SAID THEY WERE ALLOWED TOO BECAUSE WE HAD BEEN TURNED OVER TO COLLECTIONS BECAUSE WE CLOSED THE ACCOUNT AT ANOTHER BANK TO KEEP THEM FROM TAKING MONEY OUT AFTER WE HAD CANCELED. THEN I CALLED AND THEY WANTED $2000.00 TO END THE SO-CALLED CONTRACT. WILL ANYONE OUT THERE BE WILLING TO FILE CHARGES WITH ME WITH AN ATTORNEY??? WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND GET JUSTICE!!! I'LL CHECK BACK SOON.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   semiprecious.com 0 Votes
I want to file charges too. Same exact thing happened to me, and now some law firm is calling me. They will bill me for attorney fees too now. It started with me telling the sales man who came to the house that I do not need the machine as it is a purely online home business, and he said "it just comes with it".. nothing about leasing... then I aksed if I can cancel the contract any time, and he said yes for something like under 200 bucks...and since my business online did not go well, I cancelled... they said though the overall contract was cancellable, the contract had a 48 month embedded leasing contract that I could not cancel!! Whoa! I had to close bank account to stop them from taking everything from it, then came collections and now law firm is calling me. I don't believe this. They want to settle for half of 48 monthsX90. Should I fight this? I want to, but i dont want to lose my house fighting them. Call me or email me anup@semiprecious.com or 512 3867676 to discuss action. Shall I create a website or google group to organize this?
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   semiprecious.com 0 Votes
please email this to your state attorney generals office- modify according to your circumstances and put your state attorney generals name

Dear Attorney General,

Hundreds of small businesses are suffering immensely from this scam by First Data in collusion with reseller banks and their sales men who lie and get non-cancellable contracts signed within cancellable contracts... So when we ask the salesmen - "Can this contract be cancelled any time?" the response is "yes"... but when you cancel the contract, the embeded silently added qquipment leasing contract for a $150 machine, that runs for 4 yrs for $70 to 120 a month is found to be not cancellable.

Then we sart getting calls crom collections and then from law firms. Here are numerous complaints from just one site that collects them - what should I do:

Anup Pandey
semiprecious.com
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   LBJ Equipment 0 Votes
We paid for a machine we didn't use for 33 months. We satisfied the lease and sent the machine back in June of 2009. Today we were charged $286 because FDGF is claiming they never recieved their machine. They issued the call tag for it, so I have no way of proving that we sent the machine back.

These people are crooks!

Bobcat of Durango
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   FightFDGL 0 Votes
I got the same problem with FDGL. I got the terminal from WellsFargo when we started using their credit card merchant, 6 months later we switched back to BofA because the high fees and slow fund transter. I closed the WellsFargo merchant first, and got the big problem for stop the machine lease with FDGL. All of us here has the same problem, I would like to stand together to fight FDGL.

Beware of Scammers on Craigslist