logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
www.gold4power.com
this site hack my wow account
2. (21 mins ago)
Manager Mistreating a kid

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

First Data Global Leasing, Denver, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - fraudulent taking money from my account

First Data Global Leasing Contacts & Informations

First Data Global Leasing

Posted:    Patricia Warren

fraudulent taking money from my account

First Data Global Leasing
P.O. Box 173845
Denver, Colorado
Phone: 800 455-1251
This company has been taking 107.17 a month for over a year before I caught it for a machine which I returned to my salesman Ray Fernandez in Las Vegas. I was never set up to take credit cards. They sent me a machine exactly like one that I already owned. When I realized early on that they were "no good" and dishonest, I thought I had stopped everything. Now they won't leave me alone calling daily and send mail everyday too. The should go to jail for what they are doing and trying to do to people. I would like to start a class action suite against them.
Comments United States Equipment Leasing & Financing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009 by   Joe +1 Votes
they got you too ...huh. They falsified a contract on me set up through cynergymy pocessor. No signature ..the contract is B.S. I am filing a lawsuit for fraud and theft and calming damages...to hell with this company. Cynergy told me that I needed an upgrade on my Hypercom 5500 ICe to be PCI compliant, little did I know the upgrade was a FD-100, set up without my knowledge and instead of being billed for one POS the where debiting my account (unauthorized for two additional machine, which they where aware of and admitted...stating it would be 4-6 weeks until they could process a return. I shut down my accounts ...so they call me several times a day at work and send me letters saying I owe them 1800 dollars ...Ha... Ruin my credit...I dont care...I use cash always! By the way I filled an order of cease and desist. Every time they contact me it constitutes a felony. They like to bully small buisness...I'm suing them for 1.5 Million...Retiring soon...God bless First Data.
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   Amy 0 Votes
There are so many on here, why isn't our government doing something about them. I too have been had and it seems like nothing can be done, they keep getting away with it.
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   Carolyn 0 Votes
They are major master thieves, worse than Madeoff! Everyone please check your bank accounts they randomly go into your account and steal money then deny or fingerpoint to another department within there company.This is criminal and the Corporate Owners need to be imprisoned for training there staff on these deceptive practices.Report themto the Federal Trade Commission and the Banking and Finance Department of your state as these are federal offenses when someone/company goes into your account and steals your money.They are taking my money as soon as I post a credit card transaction they confiscate my money as state it's for a lease that I don't know about. They are Thieves.We need a class action suit and these people nee to be in jail.
Carolyn in Atlanta, Georgia
 12th of Apr, 2009 by   catherine J newsome +1 Votes
I am very sorry I ever order this ClonAid700.com/cancel. They have been taking money out of my account for the last three months and I have called them I am receiving nothing. They always say this is not our Company for the last three they have taken $88.97 they are liar and a thief.

Catherine in Nevada
 10th of May, 2009 by   VictimofFraud +1 Votes
Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   Needaclassactionhow? +1 Votes
I am having the same problem with the lying about the cost of equipment being zero then getting charged. They added to the contract after my signing. I never got a copy...Has anyone started a class action . Please keep this site updated. Help!
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   donewrng +1 Votes
I HAVE A SISTER WHO IS AN ATTORNEY. SHE IS IN FACT PARTNER AT HER LAW FIRM. I HAVE NOT CONTACTED HER ABOUT THIS AS IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME FOR A DAY...WELL I JUST NOTICED THAT THEY ARE HOLDING ALL OF MY MONEY ONE DAY AGO...THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR OVER A WEEK. i HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. I INTEND TO DISCUSS WITH HER STARTING A CLASS ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPANY. IF SO HOPEFULLY ALL ON THIS BOARD WILL BAND TOGETHER AND LET'S MAKE IT A MISSION TO LET EVERYONE KNOW OF THIS COMPANY'S TACTICS...SO NO OTHER SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS GET HURT BY THEM. WE NEED SOMEONE TO HELP US STAND UP AGAINST THIS TYPE OF PREDATORY BUSINESS MODEL.
WILL BE BACK POSTING WITHIN 48 HOURS AFTER I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS WITH SOMEONE WITH LEGAL BACKGROUND
 28th of Aug, 2009 by   DinTX 0 Votes
We also have a small business, that WELLSFARO talked us unto using their program. Then after we signed up we found out FIRSTDATA was the machines provider. Thinking we had no other choice, w signed the paperwork. Then a few weeks later, we received another statement saying we had to pay for insurance on the leased machine. After a year of fighting, we canceled with WELLSFARG, but FIRSTDTA will not respond other than billing us with a collection agency for $1443. sound familiar? It's the same charge another customer was given! And YES! they have ruined my personal credit. What’s stopping them? I have tried everything, I even tried to put a note on my credit report and it still hasn't posted as of 90 days later. Please, if you are experiencing these situations, check your credit, dispute the fact, and try to put a comment. Otherwise, you will be ruined.
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   JOEL JOEL 0 Votes
YES THIS COMPANY WAS TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY CONSENT.I DON"T HAVE ANY LEASE ON ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.THEY TOOK MORE THAN 2000.00DOLLARS .WHO GIVES THEM PREMISSION TO DO THIS? I NEVER MADE A CONTRACT WITH THEM . I DON"T EVEN KNOW THEM .I CALLED THEM BUT THEY GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND AND WON"T RETURN MY CALLS.CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME ADVICE OF HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THESE SCAMMERS?
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   Yanover 0 Votes
Is there any news about the class action lawsuit?
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   ANNIE MORETTI 0 Votes
I am filing complaints with the FTC and Florida consumer protection agency about this company. I settled my account with them in July and on my credit report its still showing that I have a balance due when I dispute the debt with the credit agencies the debt keeps being verified by first data! However they are telling me they are not verifying it which is BS. So now I have no choice but to get a 3rd party involved. The company is based in Florida (4000 Coral Ridge Dr., Coral Springs, FLA 33065) you can contact the florida Consumer Protection Agency @ 1800-435-7352 to file a complaint.
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   dt fraud 0 Votes
please contact me if they signed your name and ssi# without you kowing about it . collection companies are calling me wanting money.i never orderd equipment from them. but my name was forged and they some how got my ssi# i have many questions concernng how they got my information...derae06@yahoo.come...i think they are stealing peoples id and other valuable personal info drt.Delaware...
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   dt fraud 0 Votes
in process of gettin documents...delaware...i will take action please contact me derae@yahoo.com
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   dt fraud 0 Votes
we all need to be in contact somehow...i want to fike a class action...SOON...not sure how to contact everyone ?????????????
PLEASE HELP ME AND OTHERS...DT DELAWARE
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   cdalawyer 0 Votes
I'm a class action attorney in the process of assessing possible class action lawsuits against First Data. Our fim has already successfully prosecuted claims against other credit card processors for unfair trade practices. Please contact me with more information about your complaints. jeff@cdalawyer.com
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   orphanjenn 0 Votes
CANADA - First Data seems to have taken over the contract for UNPS. I am in the middle of a battle with this company. I closed my business Jan 2010. I had a contract for my Debit/Credit card machine that my credit union arranged through UNPS, it expires on April 30 2010. I faxed them that as of April 30 2010 I would end my contract (this was in March 2010), and asked them to send me the packing materials to return the machine to them, THEY took two amounts from my bank account of $175.00 as Settlements for Visa + Mastercard on APRIL 6 (24 days BEFORE the contract would expire) when I called to ask what that was for - they claimed it is another department that deals with cancellations and that the DO NOT LOOK AT THE DATE ON FAXES that they just terminate and charge the fee. I told them that I have a contract, that expires on APRIL 30 2010 and that is what the fax told them. I then went to the credit union and spoke to the person who set the contract up for me 3 years ago, she called them and was assured that they would get back to her by the end of the next day, but NO ONE EVER GOT BACK TO HER. I called them again, the person who was supposed to get back to me was away, so I was passed on to another person (THEY NEVER LET YOU TALK TO THE SAME PERSON). She assured me that they would look into it and she "quoted me a confirmation #". A few days later I checked my bank account and $175.00 for the Visa portion was returned, but after another day the other amount was still not there, so I called UNPS/DATA FIRST again (1800 291-7432) to inquire - tried to give the confirmation # - the person said she didn't know what a confirmation number was.??? I gave her my merchant number - she looked up the file and said that they were not returning the other $175.00 as I sent the fax in TOO SOON, (even though it clearly stated the date of April 30 2010 as the date of closing the account)... She said that they will NOT be refunding the other $175.00 ! I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said someone will call me in the next 24 -48 BUSINESS HOURS. I said I would NOT send back the equipment until they send me back my money, she said they will bill me for it. I called the credit union again and told the person who signed me up with UNPS (now DATA FIRST) all that went on, and asked that SHE TAKE CARE OF IT- she says she will, apparently I am not the only merchant having issues with them. She said that it is bad enough that head office is considering if they will continue the use of this Debit/Credit Card processor. In my opinion this company is using Bureaucracy to grab money from unsuspecting clients. BEWARE OF UNPS/DATA FIRST. I am waiting to see how this pans out, but this company is doing a lot of harm to their reputation in the mean time.
 29th of Apr, 2010 by   JAF Value 0 Votes
Here's some advice for non attorneys. I am not an attorney but have been scammed by fisrt global leasing. I closed all my accounts with the same bank that helped started my lease which I was not told about. The bank officer was very understanding and told me the only way not be charged overdraft fees was to close all my accounts. Now let them chase you after a few years there attorneys will either settle for pennies or close out account. Contact your credit companies and file complaints once your reported in delinquent status. Send a letter to your attorney generals office. These people are bottoms feeders feeding on small or beginning business owners. They give you a contract you cannot understand. I am setting up an email account. I would like all affected to email me. We need to become one. Only the numbers will convince those that will judge this situation.
 7th of May, 2010 by   TonyaHenderson37 0 Votes
I have signed a contract for a virtual credit card account with Merchant Services. They sent my documents to FDGL. FDGL began withdrawing money from my bank account. I called FDGL. They informed me that I sighned a contract. I asked for a copy of the contract and it was not signed. I called them again to tell them that I did not sign it and they sent another copy with a forged signature on it! I completed a form for my bank to stop allowing them to withdraw money from my account. FDGL sent my information to collections and reported this to the Credit Bureau! I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Colorado and they closed the case. I am going to file a police report, file a and take them to small claims court. If anyone is interested in a class action suit. I can be reached at TonyaHenderson37@yahoo.com.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   Victoria in Ontario 0 Votes
I signed a contract with UNPS in October in 2007 for point of purchase equipment to take Visa and Debit. Last year I added on Mastercard to my exsisting account. When my three year lease agreement was up onOctober 23rd this year I cancelled to go with a company with far better rates. I sent in the proper paper work that they had faxed me and also had spoken to several people and had asked that this was it there would be no extra charges. They said no. On Nov 2nd I saw they had taken $370.00 out of my account.
I phoned and they told me I had two accounts, a seperate Mastercard account. I was never aware of this other account. I was never given any paperwork, never given an account number, never told when I cancelled my account that I had two accounts. I have the contract showing where it is written that I was adding Mastercard onto an exsisting account. When I called they basically told me too bad, nothing they could do.
I feel completely violated by a big business money grabbing from the little business owner and not being held accountable. They are intentionally hiding information from their customers and then telling me it is my fault for not knowing?
Help, who do I contact from here? What can I do to get my money back and stop them from deceiving any more people. I have written my Meridian bank here in Ontario who set me up with UNPS. I am ready to fight for all small business owners.
Victoria, kirkins@live.com