logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (0 mins ago)
LEGAL PROCESSING FEE RIP OFF

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Fine Art Treasures Gallery Complaints & Reviews - Their Customers Are Suckers!

Fine Art Treasures Gallery Contacts & Informations

Fine Art Treasures Gallery

Posted:    Frank

Their Customers Are Suckers!

I sincerely believe the phrase: "Just like shooting fish in a barrel" is how this TV and Internet auction views its customers who trust their words. To anyone who has bought a Picasso, Miro, Erte or anything else from them -- anything whether art or jewelry -- do yourself a great favor and take the item to a professional appraiser or qualified authenticator. Be sure to bring along the Certificate of Authenticity, which I think they will find on its face very disturbing. In fact, I believe odds are pretty darn good you'll learn that you did not get what they said you were getting. I bought an "original lithograph" by Pablo Picasso, according to the auctioneer. In actuality, I bought a cheap copy of an original lithograph by Picasso that is not worth anywhere near the $50,000 they said it was worth -- nor is it worth the $5,000 I paid for it. In actuality, it's a nicely framed and matted piece of trash worth about as much as the frame and matting, and that's not conjecture. It's what an experienced dealer in Picassos told me to my face. As for the Certificate of Authenticity, it's not worth the paper it's printed on -- nor was the appraisal certificate, which is ever so cleverly worded. On my appraisal certificate, the dollar value for the item refers to the "replacement value" Fine Arts Treasures Gallery puts on their replacing the piece for me. That figure could be anything they want it to be. I can just as easily (and legally) claim that I have an old paperweight that has an "replacement value" of $6,000,000. If anyone I sell it to for $10 loses it and comes back to ME for its replacement, I'm going to charge them $6,000,000 -- the cost for me to go out and find a duplicate. In other words, Fine Art Treasures can indicate the value of my counterfeit Picasso is over $50,000 -- or any other figure they want to throw out there.

Again, PLEASE do yourself a favor and have whatever you bought from them appraised... and then go find yourself a good lawyer if you don't like what you hear. Is this just one man's opinion based on his own unique experience? I think not. The BBB has given these guys an "F" rating and they don't give those out lightly. You have to be remarkably bad on a number of criteria. Maybe you should visit their site and see how they reached that conclusion about Fine Art Treasures Gallery of Pasadena. Just Google BBB and enter "Fine Art Treasures" in their search box for Businesses. "Rip-Off" -- another website -- also has some gems about these guys. "Just like shooting fish in a barrel." I regret ever having trusted a word that emanated from any of their crooked mouths. I hope what they sold you is genuine. Why not find out?
Comments United States Arts & Humanities
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Fine Art Treasures Gallery complaints
Fine Art Treasures Gallery - NSF check!

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2006 by   willie dodt 0 Votes
art party any one ripped off get e-mail me ant gosell1@aol to call in on friday night and waste these people time and money details
 28th of Mar, 2007 by   Kathryn Becker 0 Votes
They were busted by the FBI for selling fakes. Go to a professional art dealer or PRO broker even better.
 12th of Jul, 2007 by   Joseph Nuzzolo 0 Votes
There is the possibility for the victims of Fine Art Treasures to receive restitution for their losses. Through my intervention I have gained refunds for several victims of Fine Art Treasures before they were shut down by the FBI. Now I am instrumental in helping other victims apply for restitution. Here are the steps one should take:

1. Contact me at 1-888-888-Dali or at joenuzzolo@yahoo.com.
2. I will inspect the artwork and issue a report stating that the work is authentic or it is a fake.
3. I will instruct you how to go through the proper channels and apply to receive a full or partial refund.

As President of The Salvador Dali Society I do all of this for FREE as my time permits.

Be aware that it is a very bad idea to try and resell anything you purchased from Fine Art Treasures as an authentic work of art unless myself or the Salvador Dali Archives has issued a report confirming its authenticity. If you do so, you are committing the same crime as them and adding to the number of victims. Get your work properly documented and apply for restitution.

Yellow Page Scam ALERT!