logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
eDreams
charging card without booking or reference
2. (22 mins ago)
Selling sick puppies

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Fidelity Information Corporation Complaints & Reviews - Rude and arrogant service

Fidelity Information Corporation Contacts & Informations

Fidelity Information Corporation

Posted:    NasH78

Rude and arrogant service

Fidelity Information Corporation
"Fidelity" my foot!

My own initial problem was more with Experian than FIC, since it was their clerical screw-up that started the problem-- they apparently confused my name/address with another person in the same city who has a similar name & address; causing an "account" with FIC to suddenly appear on my credit report… and they then compounded this by filing a "fraud dispute" rather than a "mixed identity dispute" (their terms) when I wrote them to complain.

The problem I've got with FIC is their total lack of cooperation in straightening out the issue! Not only did they not provide any clarifying information to Experian other than "confirming" my name and address (which they now had on file thanks to my initial call to them), but the attitude of EVERY person from their company that I've dealt with has been exceedingly rude, dismissive, uncooperative, lazy, and frankly, flat-out arrogant.

Their "solution" to any query is simply that the caller must send in an extensive dispute, in writing, to them requiring a lot of VERY personal information, including SS#, etc. Even if you don't have (or want) an account with them, they insist on getting as much about you as possible, and won't even talk to you otherwise. Any attempt to escalate to a supervisor, request further information, explain the situation, etc., is met with a complete stone wall… and indeed they won't even let you complete a sentence, opting instead to "take control" of the call by rudely cutting you off and repeating the same crap, over and over.

Only one of the three people I dealt with (different calls and departments) would even give me their name, let alone any real assistance. Their whole purpose, it seems, is merely to intimidate callers, dismiss and divert any complaints or problems, and convince a caller that it is completely up to them to "prove" the validity of their case, rather than acknowledging any responsibility whatsoever for FIC to be accurate, fair, or even polite.

This is completely consistent with the descriptions given by other complainers on several complaint sites, and no amount of copy/pasted "false allegations made" statements and fake "updates" by FIC drones will change this.

All I can say is thank God I don't have to do any real business with these creeps! If you have ANY choice in the matter at all-- DON'T DEAL WITH THEM. There have got to be better, more legitimate alternatives out there, somewhere….
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jun, 2009 by   ssssss 0 Votes

Midwest Center - Fidelity Information Corporation

I ordered this and sent it back but I'm still being charged and with interest.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   LeoP88 0 Votes
My initial problem was more with Experian than FIC, since it was their clerical screw-up that started the situation-- they apparently confused my name/address with another person in the same city who has a similar name & address; causing an "account" with FIC to suddenly appear on my credit report and they then compounded this by filing a "fraud dispute" rather than a "mixed identity dispute" (their terms) when I wrote them to complain.

The problem I've got with "Fidelity" is their total lack of cooperation in straightening out the issue! Not only did they not provide any clarifying information to Experian other than "confirming" my name and address (which they now had on file thanks to my initial call to them), but the attitude of EVERY person from their company that I've dealt with has been exceedingly rude, dismissive, uncooperative, lazy, and frankly, flat-out arrogant.

Their "solution" to any query is simply that the caller must send in an extensive dispute, in writing, to them requiring a lot of VERY personal information, including SS#, etc. Even if you don't have (or want) an account with them, they insist on getting as much about you as possible, and won't even talk to you otherwise. Any attempt to escalate to a supervisor, request further information, explain the situation, etc., is met with a complete stone wall and indeed they won't even let you complete a sentence, opting instead to "take control" of the call by rudely cutting you off and repeating the same crap, over and over.

All I can say is thank God I don't have to do any real business with these creeps! If you have ANY choice in the matter at all-- DON'T DEAL WITH THEM. There have got to be better, more legitimate alternatives out there, somewhere.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   FIC -1 Votes
I invite you to call 800.501.8085 and ask for me, Robbie, I am the collection manager of Fidelity Information. If you do have an issue I would be glad to assist you with it.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   FICFIC 0 Votes
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   FIC The Company of Losers! +1 Votes
*News Flash* Robbie FIC is the lowest of the low. Every agent is down right rude, unprofessional and wrong and strong! You don't alleviate issues by intimidation and scare tactic's!
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   FRUmosnter 0 Votes
Robbie is no help!!! They won't even give you a last name or let you speak to management. They say they are the managers. Really, I just think there are maybe like three little drones sitting at computers pushing accounts and phone numbers waiting for an idiot to bite. Karma is a harsh mistress, Robbie. I hope you sleep well.

Beware of Free Land Scam