FIA Card Services

UNKNOWN
Belfast, Maine
Phone: 1-866-443-2492
FIAEASYPAY.COM
I CONTINUALLY GET THESE ANNOYING, THREATENING LETTERS FROM THIS COMPANY WITH AN ACCOUNT NUMBER ON IT THAT'S NOT FAMILAR TO ME. I ACTUALLY RECEIVED ONE VIA FED-EX EXPRESS TODAY. WHO ARE THEY?
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

28th of May, 2009 by    -1 Votes
You have the right to send a letter to them, tell them to validate this debt to you, and also tell them to cease and desist phoning you. You can sue them if they persist, and people do sue collection agencies and win, keep records of any calls they make to you and Very Important, do not talk to them on the phone anymore. You don't have to take it. Go to creditboards.com for more information and support.
 14th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Call the number and find out what the issue is. If it is a valid debt make an arrangement to pay. Most account numbers on debt collector bills are internal account numbers, not the original account number from the creditor.

The advice given to not speak to them on the phone is not only irresponsible but also ridiculous.
 5th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
if it's from FIA, its probably about a credit card account you have. they are a credit card company, not a collection agency so call them and they can explain what accout they are trying to reach you about. it's possible your old acct # has been updated to a new acct # for security or other reasons, but they will look it up for you and probably can look up what charges you made on the acct and send you past statement copies too.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
FIA card services calls on my cell phone looking for somebody I never heard of. I tell them it's a wrong number. They call back 2 or 3 times a day. EVERY SINGLE TIME I tell them I'm not the guy and never heard of him. Obviously he gave a fake number. But they keep calling. 3 different times I get a "manager" on the line who guarantees they'll take the number out of the file. And a few days later they call back. But I can't just block the calls because it's from "UNKNOWN". No caller ID is presented in advance as far as I can tell. So I finally just said, yes, I'm the guy. I gave them BS information as I collected where they were, who I was talking to, how much I supposed owed... I think told them I wasn't' the guy, it was all bullshit and that now I finally knew where they were calling from (Kansas) and who they were and what bank hired them. I asked to speak to a manager again and threatened filing a complaint with the state board and whoever else I can find. That was today. We'll see if they call back tomorrow again. I feel like I'm in Ground Hound Day.

Contact Us